Bank Charges Campaign Continues

caro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have never even managed to post a link successfully despite following the instructions to the letter, and I have tried to post about 100.

I'll have a go tomorrow, but with my (lack of) expertise it would probably be much quicker if someone on the site did it.

DD

:lol: ok....understood

ims

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you get an email from the petition site and follow the link in it? I think it then confirms that your signature's been added to the petition then DD.

To copy the link just highlight it, press CTRL and C then go to you user CP, scroll down to your signature and click on it, then do CTRL V and the link should paste there.

I too am astonished at how few people seem to support campaigns and petitions for issues that affect so many millions of people. I don't know what it takes to stir people to take action. :???::-(

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you, caro. I'll try that tomorrow.

Yes, I did get the email link from No. 10 Petitions and hit it, and it said my name had been added to the petition. I'm sure there must be other people on CAG who have signed this in the last three days.

The rioters had a great success with Facebook and Twitter. I'm not on either, but maybe Caggers who are could try and spread the word there?

DD

I have posted it on my FB page.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I think one of the major things is complacency inasmuch as people are generally not interested unless it affects them directly.

People tend to jog along with their lives quite happily as long as things are going ok. They have no interest unless they are suddenly hit by some bad fortune and are caught up in the issue directly. Then of course they are all for any petition that has a direct bearing on their situation.

Coming to, and getting involved in, a place like CAG broadens the mind and people start to get an empathic view of the problems that others are experiencing.

Having said that, although CAG has thousands of members, how many of them come here, solve their problem and then disappear. The number of regular contributors is probably relatively small. That is not to say that those regulars can't be motivated. Perhaps one way is that when we are on a thread with a "regular" , invite them to look at your signature and support the petition. Its a direct approach and wouldn't be classed as hijacking a thread.

The other thing that may help is to plant and nurcher the idea that the petition is very much to do with the banks being the bad guys rather than the man in the street just whingeing.

Regards

ims

I signed the petition ages ago when it was in single figures! now it's on 16!Maybe we need to drop it into conversation in the Banking threads!

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Good thinking NO. I've added a link in the thread about GLCs case, one in the general bank forum in a thread by phoenix11 encouraging people to email MPs, and also posted an article for the CAG mag. If you see other opportunities to promote it please feel free. :-D

Well done Caro.......thats bumped it up to 26! :D

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Well done Caro.......thats bumped it up to 26! :D

Whoopy dooo!! Only another 99,974 to go!! :madgrin:

Cheers els. x :-D

Thanks for the info 'termi.......makes interesting reading.

E-petiton now up to 41!

Please sign the E-petition below peeps.

Got Debt problems?

I don't know who the person is who started the petition or if it can be corrected. It was the content of it I liked.

Up to 330 now. I guess some people will have had the newsletter.

Could well be ims. I think citb may be able to enlighten us a bit.:-D

I see the banks still think they should be left alone to get on with making a mess of things. They've had years to sort things out, so IMO it's time for intervention and proper regulation. They make out it's customers who'll end up paying more if there's reform now. Who do they think is paying now!!!!:-x

Thank goodness for Vince Cable.

I see the banks still think they should be left alone to get on with making a mess of things. They've had years to sort things out, so IMO it's time for intervention and proper regulation. They make out it's customers who'll end up paying more if there's reform now. Who do they think is paying now!!!!:-x

Well whether you agree with Vinnie's politics or not, you have to say that the guy has b*lls and appears to be saying the right things.

As with a lot of things though, these guys often talk the talk but don't walk the walk so to speak. As you have highlighted, the coalition made very strong promises to the electorate pre-election and since then.....nothing (Vinnie excepted)

The pressure groups need somehow to call people to action but it is a very difficult job. Some things need a drip, drip approach until something gives but eventually something actually happens.

How we as a relatively small community go about it is a tough call. I guess the best we can do is try and motivate members old and new to spend just 2 minutes to get involved in these petitions. Shout and scream from our own on-line rooftops that people are still being done over by the banks and hope that people answer the call or react to those shouts and screams.

If we do adopt the philosophy that "what goes around comes around" some day the banks are in for an even bigger shock than they have just had.

Regards

ims

I still have about 1/4 of the list to send in respect of emails, Caro.. :)

IMHO, it is fairly obvious that banks wanted people to end up with bank charges.. they openly admitted that 30% of income was derived from these.

I am wondering, if they hadnt been so greedy and had just continued to refund those charges whether the PPI issue would have gone unnoticed ?

Now of course, they are Haemorrhaging money, but in the wrong direction :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The banks stated to various Treasury Committee's that the banks used the charges to subsidize their costs, then they covered the actutal cost as well as stating they don't make a profit, it's only with the Supreme Courts Judgement are they saying it's part of there core business.

743 signatures now. :-D