MBNA/Reston threating court action

jason_mnm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Westie How r u? thanks for your reply.

Actually it is not this case.. some other case specifically about bank's failure of their duty and care...

tut :rolleyes: hope someone can assist you soon then....every little helps

Re your SAR & what diddydicky just said I take it you do have the POD

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

Hi Jason,

You should keep reading up on defence issues in the Legal Issues forum to prepare for a full defence if the bank amend their POC.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

you cant really do anything more until you get all the information you require

forming a defence based on partial information could be disastrous- you need all the facts

you could do some reading up on other threads in a similar vein in the meantime and download some defences to get the idea of how you go about things

You could also read the following threads as to how to behave in court and what to expect.

EMPTY DESK TRICK

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/108467-basic-introduction-consumer-credit.html

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Re Phatram's BUMP 2 posts back, Fairbyblue's Restons thread is here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/170484-fairbyblue-mbna-restons-court.html

I sent this to Jason ages back by PM. :cool:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Jason,

Yes, you should now wait to hear further from the court.

:)

Will you guys kindly tell me How can I use this case MBNA –v- Thorius for my defence, cause my case is similar to this case.

Langster documents is really well put on this thread (not sure if you had it in your subscribed threads already?

Some of this Extracted ....."is well worth reading, printing out and referring to if anybody is facing a situation where the claimant has not produced all of the contemporaneous documentation and seems to be relying on a different set of terms and conditions than the ones in force at the time of the contract… it is for the claimant to prove their case and, if they are advised by Solicitors, there can be no excuse for any shoddiness or gaps in presentation of their evidence or the documentation."

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/243487-mbna-lynne-thorius-solicitors.html

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

Go through the coms log carefully to see if there's anything useful to your case.

Does the credit agreement appear to be exactly the same as you received before.

Have you had replies yet to the CPR 31.14 and 18 letters.

Hi Slick thanks for your reply.

I do not know if I ever signed a credit agreements.

They have not replied to my CPR 31.14 or 18 letters.

The application form or so called credit agreements supplied is the exactly same as the one used in MBNA –v- Thorius case..

Does that mean I can use the above case law in case it goes to hearing....

I will try to upload the application form for you..

Also SAR only supplied for last 6 years, not from begining. seems they have hide it intentionally as it has PPI payments on them...

Should I sent one more SAR to get the statements from begining..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi jason - you have gone quiet - how's it going? - I am waiting for Restons to respond to my defence - just not very good at waiting - it was so manic getting the defence ready and this lull is really strange.

Halifax Card (OH) -2.9% reinstated - Sucess!

Santander/House of Fraser (1) PPI Refund plus 8% plus LOC

Santander/House of Fraser (2) PPI Refunded plus 8% plus LOC

Penalty Charge Notice - Representation accepted and PN cancelled - £120

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go.. I am back...

I had no reply for my CPR 14 and 16 request.. but today I received AQ from Northampton.. and it gives me to file the AQ by 05 April 2010..

What does that mean? Does that mean MBNA/ Restons has not replied to my defence in 28 days to court? So the court send the AQ?

The AQ says ' A defence has been filed. I guess it talks about the defence that I have filed.

I do not understand why Court sed me the AQ. They should send it to Claimant...

Anyway I need ur kind expert help again..

Edited by jason_mnm

Hi PT thanks for your reply..

No, I have not send copy of the CPR letter to Court, but I did wrote in my Embrassed defence about the CPR letters that I had sent..

Also to let you know I have received SAR from MBNA 3 weeks ago which included A copy of the application form and communication log and statement from 2004, but this account was opened in 2001..

Funny the application form has the signature which is not my official signature at all.. Also this application form look same as the MBNA –v- Thorius case..

This application form (without my official signature) has tick for NO PPI. But statements that I got in 2001 and 2002 have PPI payments...

Edited by jason_mnm

ah

ok, the AQ is to assist the court on case management, it is a simple document which both parties complete and send to the court

If you have not had disclosure, how can you defend? i mean how can you raise a proper defence that the agreement is improperly executed for example if you dont have the agreement? common sense says you cant

I think you have walked into a problem by this, a request for an extension ( see CPR 15.5) of 28 days would have been proper along with a request for disclosure and in default of that request would give rise to an application for disclosure

thats how i would have dealt with this, in my day job