Me v Tesco/Incasso - Appeal in process

costa12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Had a long think about the situation and I feel I need to vacate the hearing on 11th and then concentrate on the full defence.

I've plenty of 'ammo' for the defence, which incudes the defective DN, and now the fact that they did not issue a new agreement after the PPI was cancelled.

I know they are late in complying with the DJs order, and that will be the foundation of my application argument, but the fact that they have now produced this 'legible' agreement negates a large part of my argument. Also, from my experience with the DJ at the last hearing, I feel he will not strike out because they have produced legible copies. He would probably let them know in no uncertain terms that they are late in complying however, I'm sure he will allow them to use the agreement and not strike out :(!

I feel I've now got to concentrate on preparing my full defence for what lies ahead!

Any advice most welcome!

Costa

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have made a very wise decision.

You need to write to the Court telling them what has happened and asking for permission to now file a full defence.

The hearing should go ahead maybe with allocation but certainly permitting you time to file & serve.

IMHO you still have a very good case for SJ BUT it is not worth the hassle IMHO.

Main points are that the agreement has the prescribed terms wrong.

DN is faulty

Also have a very good read of the CCA and you may find there are other areas that have been neglected check out s86(A-F) for instance also read up on s140(A-D)

Unfortunately S127(3) does not apply as your agreement was dated '08

Could you post up a copy of the agreement and PM me a copy of all the exact figures if you are happy to (I can then check interest rates and APR etc etc).

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Thanks gh. Glad you agree.

I've composed a letter to Court and Cobbetts. Will hand deliver Court letter tomorrow. I highlighted in the Court letter that I felt that they were still in breach of CPR and the DJs order with respect to prescribed periods etc. However, in good faith and with respect to the rules and due process of the court I withdraw my Application to Strike Out the Claim under CPR 3.4 (2)© and request the court vacates the Hearing on 11 May 2010.

I've already filed an amended defence in response to their amended POC. That was part of the DJs order for me to file and serve 14 days after them. The defence includes the DN argument and s.140 Unfair Relationship.

Will I be able to amend it again in light of them not issuing a new agreement after I had cancelled the PPI?

Will post up the agreement. Will also pm you with the facts and figures as requested. Obviously posted their POC a couple of posts back from this. Will pm in a couple of days. Can you pm me all the details you require.

Thanks again.

Costa

You *must* ask for permission to amend - apologise for the timing but explain that it is only now that you have been given the opportunity to inspect the agreement and you have found grave errors with it.

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Just checked an order I received from local cc and it says that allocation and case management directions were deferred until the hearing on 11 May. So the hearing will probably go ahead as far as that is concerned.

Hi costa. I'm playing catch up again after some time stuck on other things (all work unfortunately). Have had a read through the last few pages. Shame they found the agreement :mad:, a bit annoying that it's taken them this long to come up with it.

So the hearing will probably go ahead as far as that is concerned.

I would have vacated too in light of this. However, do you know for sure yet that the rest of the hearing (CM and alloc) will go ahead on the 11th? If so, you'll need to be prepared for the WHOLE fight as that is what it may become.

M

Hi M,

Good to hear from you. Been busy myself. On an intensive work related course at the mo. Unfortunately juggling too many balls at the same time at the mo :)!

Will call the court tomorrow or maybe later today to confirm hearing details. If the allocation and cmd goes ahead on Tuesday I'll get prepared over the weekend.

Delivered, by hand, letter to court saying I vacated Strike out hearing. Also sent letter to Cobbetts. That really hurt :x!

Informed court that they were still in breach of prescribed periods etc. Hopefully this will be highlighted at the Allocation hearing.

I feel that they might have won that battle, but the war isn't over ;)!

Costa

Hi Costa - yes, you are right the war is really yet to begin - the SO app is really to 'catch them napping' and to force them to sit up and take notice. Sometimes you can catch them out, sometimes not. Your DJ didn't help you unfortunately :( all the wiser to withdraw it IMHO

Not the 'fun' really begins as you can put the real pressure on them to prove every part of their claim and build a concrete foundation for your defective Default Notice.

I think the hearing will go ahead and you *MUST* go. Prepare for it as though for a full hearing, because as M said you never know what will happen at these CM/AQ hearings.

Good luck :)

Hi gh,

I agree, and thanks for the words of encouragement, that the Hearing will go ahead.

Get myself sorted this weekend. Will also pm you with those figures you requested. As I said to M, been on a course and that has taken up a significant part of my free time :(!

Costa

Hi Eddie,

Had to vacate SJ/SO hearing due to the fact that they have now produced a legible copy of the 'agreement'. However, will check with court tomorrow, whether hearing on 11th May will still go ahead for allocation and case management directions. Imagine it will.

Costa

Just phoned court. Hearing has been totally vacated next Tuesday. Even no allocation or case management hearing!

Court manager told me to wait for court order. Letter also been sent by court to Cobbetts.

So will have to wait and see what the postman brings ;)!

Hopefully be able to chill as you say M. I was a bit surprised that the Allocation/Case Management Hearing was vacated aswell :confused:!

Really thought it would of gone ahead. As I say though, have to wait and see what the postman brings ;)!

Costa

Hopefully be able to chill as you say M. I was a bit surprised that the Allocation/Case Management Hearing was vacated aswell :confused:!

Really thought it would of gone ahead. As I say though, have to wait and see what the postman brings ;)!

Costa

Me too tbh. Thought that would have happened regardless, particularly as track hasn't been allocated yet. Enjoy your weekend.

M

I am puzzled M!

In my letter to the court to withdraw my application for SJ or to S/O I emphasised that I still thought that they were still in breach of the CPR in respect to prescribed periods, even though they had finally disclosed the documents asked for!

Maybe this might have some bearing on what the DJ puts in the Order from the court with respect to the next hearing :confused:!

Out for a few beers later. So time to relax :D!

Costa

Maybe this might have some bearing on what the DJ puts in the Order from the court with respect to the next hearing :confused:!

Costa

Time will tell I suppose. And well done THFC ;). Tell the judge you'll need all your funds next year for your european travels lol.

Oh right, well good luck with it mate

I need to update mine as after serving a notice of discontinuance they have now sent another default notice with about 5 times the amount it had last year, for which I believe I am correct in saying, a terminated agreement!

Am focusing on sorting the wasted costs at the moment anyway!

Cheers

E

M - maybe I'll use some of that £77520.01 rebate for my European travels, should get it in September, according to them :wink:!

Eddie - They never sem to give up. Even when they are well and truly beaten. Or are they being really thick? I know what I think :-D!

Edited by costa12
Typo

Keep that defence on the boil though costa, just in case they come up with a short date. Can't see it myself but best to be ready just in case.

And ask if you can have that rebate a month early, still got the qualifiers to get through :D

Already filed and served an amended defence in reply to their amended POC (31st March). However, will probably have to amend again in response to them disclosing the 'agreement'.