Please help before one of us breaks down?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im surprised the case has reached a Fraud detective so quickly, I'll ask Happy Contrails to look over your case for comment, he has lots of experience having bailiffs banged up for fraud, and has a way with dealing with unwilling police officers.

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow looking very good in a very short space of time.

Please can i ask you to contact your MP asking him to submit a complaint to Lord Bach for you because this is the only way we will stop this issue for others.

and i can say i have been informed there is a good chance of this kind of thing being heard in the House Of Commons early next year so the more complaints we can send in the better for all in the long run.

And may i say very good advice from PU

Thank you,

LFB

Yes we will do a letter to our MP as suggested.

I suggest that anyone else having trouble with Marston's tactics etc that they contact the Met fraud squad on 02076012222. They need as many complaints as possible to build up a case for further investigation as the HO of Marstons is in their borough.

Edited by Scorpion666
spelling

Just read through all the posts, and what a shocking story of bullying tactics but now its Looking good all round and hopefully your Christmas is back on track now that you have turned the tables.

It's amazing what you can do for yourself when you get some sound advice from fellow caggers.

Lets hope they get nailed to the mast.

Have a great Christmas.

If I have been helpful please tickle my scales or better still contribute to CAG.

This is extortionate!!! but Im not surprised, its Marstons up to their old tricks again.. Good luck with this and keep us posted

The Bailiff in question should be visited by the three ghosts of christmas the bloody scrooge :D

wouldnt this be a good case for a form 4 ???

Checked with the bank and the cheque Marstons said was refered to drawer has never been presented/banked! Put a stop on that cheque now, wonder what they did with it? Probably in someones in-tray at Marstons!!! Also on Friday when we were panicing about the bully boy coming back we checked how much money we had and decided to (out of sheer panic) pay what we could. We had £158.00 and so tried to do an online payment on the Marstons website for £150.00 (plus £1 fee for the privelege :confused:) but it wouldn't authorise the payment so we just presumed we'd miscalculated what was in the bank. Today we went to draw some cash to find our balance was £7.05!!! We rang the bank and low and behold there's an amount in authorisation stage for £151.00 :mad: we have explained to the bank everything and so their fraud dept is now involved and they should be able to stop the payment going to Marstons! They might be able to get the previous £225 back which we paid in September. :) Fingers Crossed because thats all we had to spend on xmas food shopping :( :( :(

We have the police visiting us at 1pm tomorrow (tuesday 22nd) to take statements etc etc. So thats harrassment, 2 cases of deception and misrepresentation and whatever else we can come up with will be thrown in too.

As soon as the police arrive by appointment, the first thing you need to get is a crime number. If you don't get one then you know straight away the police have no genuine intention of investigating the crime. They are just turning up to pay lip-service or persuade you to drop the investigation, or tell you the police are under-resourced (remind them, they always seem to find the resources to deploy fleets of vans with officers to set up road blocks ambushing motorists with vans ray-guns etc).

I think you have an uphill struggle with the harassment complaint, but collate bank records and the bailiff receipt showing his fees and the fee legislation from the OPSI website.

You then start preparing to put your case to the IPCC.

You must STOP entering your bank details into a bailiffs website, they have already defrauded you of money, so why give them access to your bank account? Stay away from their website.

Write to the council giving the crime number saying the bailiffs are being investigated for fraud, offer a reasonable schedule of repayment. If you get palmed off with contact the bailiffs, then ask them to contact you when the bailiff has returned the case back to council administration and ready to accept an offer of payment.

wouldnt this be a good case for a form 4 ???

Yes, but best wait until the police issue a crime number.

Form 4 has never been very reliable for delivering a positive result. If you are reclaiming unlawful fees then the small claims track is the way to trump up the goods.

You must STOP entering your bank details into a bailiffs website, they have already defrauded you of money, so why give them access to your bank account? Stay away from their website.

Write to the council giving the crime number saying the bailiffs are being investigated for fraud, offer a reasonable schedule of repayment. If you get palmed off with contact the bailiffs, then ask them to contact you when the bailiff has returned the case back to council administration and ready to accept an offer of payment.

We haven't given them bank details as such so thats not an issue at the moment...........I work in this line so I know enough to sort this one out ;)

You seem to have confused us with another thread ??? This is not a council issue, we do not owe anyone any money. It was a fine, all now satisfied. Marstons are chasing their own illegal fees!!!

We will push this as far as possible, no worries :D

My mistake then. There's no legislation enabling biliffs to obtain money from you as 'fees' when collecting an unpaid fine. a straight-forward fraud complaint.

I've not seen many harassement cases against bailiffs go to the public prosecutor. If you can, do keep us posted if allowed. The CPS may ask you not to seek advice in public forum as it can undermine their case. The police have to build a watertight case before the CPS will consider prosecuting, and they will need everything you've got.

• Haha 1

Absolute waste or time basically! No crime apparently, civil case and they won't deal with it until we can prove a crime has been committed!!! We just couldn't get through the uniform!:mad: Took his details and we'll be sending the next letter today to the Chief Constable.

Same old, Same old,

please do make a complaint to the chief constable and also remember Your MP.

all you have to look at is the amount of crimes that did not get as far as the CPS last year and they were the likes of GBH assualt and ABH even with evidence most got off with a caution or even worse a slap on the hand.

Get your legal aid forms completed first, but I think your recourse is the small claims track - if you have paid a bailiff a fee that is unlawful.

Have a look at this police letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/239456-letter-police-regarding-bailiff.html#post2662652

and base your reply on this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/239456-letter-police-regarding-bailiff-2.html#post2662960

Can you keep us posted?

We haven't paid him for this last fee and that is what we are disputing as well as trying to get the £225 back that we paid back in september when they have lied about the bounced cheque! We will fight this all the way knowing we have the great support on here:)

We have been told we are elligble for legal aid so that should be ok.

We are going to do all the other stuff regarding complaint forms to the courts etc.

We had read the police letter earlier and were gobsmacked!

Took a note of your posting about the reply you suggested they send :)

Has anyone seen the anonymous survey that MIND have running at the moment about contact with bailiffs? It is aimed at people with mental health issue's but I wonder if its worth a similar survey being done by another organisation such as CAG and a campaign being started, or is this something that has already been tried?

We won't give up on this issue even if and when we our situation is resolved, it's dog with a bone attitude from us :)

We haven't paid him for this last fee and that is what we are disputing as well as trying to get the £225 back that we paid back in september when they have lied about the bounced cheque! We will fight this all the way knowing we have the great support on here:)

We have been told we are elligble for legal aid so that should be ok.

We are going to do all the other stuff regarding complaint forms to the courts etc.

We had read the police letter earlier and were gobsmacked!

Took a note of your posting about the reply you suggested they send :)

Has anyone seen the anonymous survey that MIND have running at the moment about contact with bailiffs? It is aimed at people with mental health issue's but I wonder if its worth a similar survey being done by another organisation such as CAG and a campaign being started, or is this something that has already been tried?

We won't give up on this issue even if and when we our situation is resolved, it's dog with a bone attitude from us :)

Scorpion I am a dog with a bone too once you have proof of any illegal actions I will add you to my growing list to pass on to the police.

Onlyme

Our bully boy hasn't returned YET! But we get a reply from Marston's - the standard complaint letter and attached complaint procedure. At least it got here quicker than the last one that took 6 weeks. Just have to wait and see if they answer our letter with the requested info or if the bully boy knocks on the door in the mean time, but we have the solicitor to speak to first.