AIC overdraft collection

geezar69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey folks...

Recently a family member offered to help me out of debt by paying creditors a portion of the debt. 2 of these creditors have accepted these conditions and have been paid.

However, I have an old overdraft that AIC are now trying to collect much the same as they seem to be with many other people. This stemmed from me sending an offer to settle the overdraft with a full and final settlement. This offer was sent directly to the bank prior to hearing anything from AIC.

The bank will no longer speak to me about it as they say it has now been "transferred" to AIC.

AIC want the entire debt paid back immediately. From reading the posts on this site it would seem that they don't have the right to do this. I cannot afford this anyway.

Although the debt is from an old account, regular

(although small) payments have been made into it, so I didn't expect to have been passed on to a collection agency. It all seems a little extreme really...

So what's my next step...?

From reading other threads it would seem that sending them a CCA request would be the first step..

If I do this and they send it back within the time limit, what is my next step..?

Cheers,

Geezar69

But I have read other threads where a cca request has been made by people in similar situations (with overdrafts). Why is a cca no use for an overdraft..?

Why would I send a subject access....? Would I send this to the bank or AIC..?

What would my next step be..?

Thanks for the response..

But I have read other threads where a cca request has been made by people in similar situations (with overdrafts). Why is a cca no use for an overdraft..?

Why would I send a subject access....? Would I send this to the bank or AIC..?

What would my next step be..?

Thanks for the response..

i've had some good advice in my thread on the subject

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/237096-overdrafts-covered-ccas.html

i'm going to have a crack at them, in theory i've paid back the original amount of the od so the rest must be charges

i've sent a standard CCa request, but hopefully have some good ammo waiting in the wings when they try and dismiss it

the worse that can happen is i have to keep paying it

• 3 weeks later...