Suspended from work! Don't know why

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am writing this on behalf of my dad. Last Thursday he arrived at work after having his three days off (works rota). He is a deputy manager of care home.

Upon arriving to work he was summoned to the office where the ops manager and a.n.other were there. He was informed that they were having a Q&A meeting due to staff issues on the floor.

Now, he informed tha Manager that he was very tired due to having no sleep that night because his dog was dying and he was up with her until she died early Thursday morning.

The questions he was asked related to, gossip, how he handles issues relating to incidents occuring in the home where complaints had been raised regarding handling of residents and complaints from family members etc.

At the end of the meeting the ops manager told him he was suspended and that he should get his stuff and leave. THe next morning he received a letter stating that he was suspended due to serious allegations.

And that's all we know!!

He was also given a copy of the notes taken during the meeting, which I have read through I few times. My dad answered the questions honestly and there is nothing in them that indicates any reason for suspension.

So, my question is - what can my dad do at this stage? does he have a right to know these allegations are?

Oh - I should also mention that in the notes it states that the ops manager had met with all members of staff asking the same questions (which he can't have asked these questions as they were specific to my dad) he even called 11 night shift staff at home!

It also mentions in the notes that my dad has 'it in for his manger'.

My dad will be 64 in March and he has been at the home since it opened four years ago, in this role.

Any advice?

Employers have the right to "suspend" employees. he's not fired (terminated) so there is still hope (as to put it).

Employers use suspension as a means to get rid of people due to this (so called recession).

I would strongly advize your dad to look for another job, it sounds like they are ousting him gently (sorry to be brutal, but thats how it seems!)

Edited by adridude
spelling error again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just on this... when he has been suspended this will be "without prejudice". I.e. as a previous post-er has said this is so that it facilitates the management to fully investigate the issues before coming to a decision.

The info you have been given seems to be fairly good... i.e. there have been complaints about him. Given the type of work a suspension would seem appropriate.

Once he has been suspended there should be an investigation, which may include an invesitgation interview if anymore questions need to be asked of your dad.

Once the investigation has been completed a decision will be taken on whether to pursue disciplinary action or to take no further action.

If they decide there is a case to answer then he will recieve an investigation report, which wll have all the info intended to be used in the disciplinary.

Hope this helps.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Its worth noting that the OP has not been on-line since shortly after their first and only posting.

Andy