Barclaycard - right, wrong or speaking in tongues and trying to confuse?

MorganaNK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NCO are a particular nasty bunch because they have no concept of OFT guildlines.

They are agressive in securing contracts by promising the earth, they won quite a lot recently on the basis that they get results. They get results by breaking OFT guildlines.

Telephone harrassment letters mean nothing to these people.

According to another website the best way to deal with them is put them on hold.

when they call and ask to speak to whoever, just simply say 'yeh sure and leave them waiting, they usually wait for 2 - 3 minutes then hang up.

Waste there time not yours.

When the costs start to mount up for them with no result they will give up, but be warned its not a short process.

My advice is to report them they will jusify it.

Incidentally, they made a loss last year so they may become even more persisitant

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the heads up!

Right, I shall spend this evening contacting the OFT... anyone else I should point them out to?

Do I have to write to No Clue Obviously and inform them that the account is in serious dispute etc...

Also, got a form back from Sharkleys re the PPI - anyone else ever had one of these to fill in - they want to know everything except our blood groups!

Bump

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

Sharkleycard have asked us to fill in the form to "investigate" the PPI...

Do I need to tell NCO that I am going to report them to OFT, is there anyone else I need to report them to, and should I tell Sharkleycard to stick their form where the sun doesn't shine?

Help please...

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

Personally, I'd report them to everyone including OFCOM but that's me and this bunch more than deserve it.

But OFT are the ones that fine them so probably your first port of call and reading your post it sounds like they need to 'retrain staff' which is the usual get out clause for companies like this but hey some DCA's do get fined and it always gives me a nice warm feeling when the OFT take money of a DCA.

With regards to letter can you scan and post without any personal details including barcode (if applicable)

If it looks anything like income/expend I'd tell them to get stuffed

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

Thanks...

My scanner and laptop have tried mediation but it didn't work, they are currently going through a trial separation, so I will scan the form in at work tomorrow...

We got a card from NCO today saying:

"I confirm that I will be contacting you on TUESDAY between 8am - 8pm. If inconvenient please telephone..."

As we have moved, our mail is being redirected, so I have no idea which Tuesday... could prove interesting if they do a) try and call - the number is disconnected, or b) turn up - the address they have is being demolished - they can always chat to the JCB they'll find there - it'll be as scared and responsive as we are!!!

SharkleycardPPI.jpg

SharkleycardPPI2.jpg

SharkleycardPPI3.jpg

Bump

Bump

Can someone please tell me if I am right in thinking that I don't need to fill this form in (not that I think we can because the card was given when Woolwich changed to Barclays), I just need to ask them to prove that we requested the PPI?!?

Barclaycard have now sent a letter saying "if you do not complete this form then we will mark your complaint as closed..."

Can anyone shed some light on my next move? Please?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, I am not happy answering any of them... surely it is down to them to produce the (alleged) agreement that my mum (allegedly) signed, proving that she requested the PPI? Why she we do our job for them?

I am even more convinced that there is no agreement!

Can I write back to them and say to them that it is down to them and not us to provide the proof that there is an agreement with PPI requested?

Westminster needs to be told there is a dispute and that it has only just been brought to your attention that there is a more serious complaint which you will be taking up with Barclayshark in the first instance and the Financial Ombudsman if BC fail to respond satisfactorily.

Perhaps then a letter to B/shark saying that revisiting some of their letters in order to make a formal complaint to the ombudsman, you notice that they have "cancelled PPP" (you can take the correct wording from their letter and also put the date of it).

Having taken advice, you are now wondering why this PPP was actually applied to the account as to your recollection it was never requested. Perhaps if they could clarify this by providing you with a copy of the agreement that includes your request for this product. If they are unable to provide this, then perhaps they can provide some other proof that this product was requested by me.

Send a copy of the B/shark letter to Westminster.

That should set the cat among the pigeons :D

Hi Morgan, IMHO, I would write back and say something along the lines of....

Thank you for your letter dated (whenever) enclosing your enquiry form.

I believe sufficient information required to process my complaint was provided in my letter dated (whenever).

This complaint/enquiry can be easily resolved on production of the Credit Agreement to which you say I am a signatory and which will presumably either confirm or deny if this product was ever requested.

I look forward to hearing from you within 7/14 days.

If I recall you havent sent a SAR to B/Shark, have you ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks CitizenB

We received another letter from NCO offering a reduced settlement in two equal payments... which they won't be getting!

Robbers Way are now sending on average two letters a week... have told them to foxtrot oscar... but they can't read! Off to buy crayons tomorrow!

Sharkleycard have also ignored the letter sent asking for the CCA... sent a thinly veiled threat that if we go to the financial ombudsman then they will say that we didn't "allow them to try and resolve the problem" - I thanked them for the letter and enclosed a copy of the CCA one saying "Please see enclosed, which I believe is self-explanatory!"

Refunding the PPI, deducting what they say we owe and crediting the rest... a little over £1K is what we will get back... only got the letter today, haven't reponded yet

Funnily enough the CCA still hasn't materialised!