Bryan Carter letter. Think about Littlew00ds debt**DISCONTINUED**

2ltr16valve
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this is outside my knowledge unfortunately. Hope some one else can advise on this.

I think as there is a strong possibility he will discontinue, you would need to start a claim against the company who has recorded information on the credit report.

Out of curiosty, who has recorded the info on the credit report, littlewoods or phoenix?

Dont know as yet, but ccj deffo there as she had issues with credit... :(

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong but I don’t think you have to send a copy of your defence to Carter.

Maybe someone can confirm.

The order from the court clearly states that the defendant must file & serve. Which is file at court and serve on the other side, so yes you *must* send them a copy.

HOWEVER I would certainly wait until after the CPR request expires as part of that request is for an extension to the defence filing date. (if you get it make sure you inform the court)

If you don't get a response it *may* be better to apply for an order to disclose rather than submit a defence (check PT's thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/241827-legal-action-how-start.html )

After all how can you defend when you don't have the info ......

Some of the 'embarrassed' defences are, IMHO, far from embarrassed and are actually very full defences, when, in effect, a defence should, again IMHO, answer the points made in the POC.

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Just to let you all know, CPR was sent today special delivery... and receipt is in a safe place :) Shall track in the morning to confirm delivery and print that and keep as well.

So, do they get 7 days from date of receipt, not 7 working days...

Also, forgot to put the date at the top of the letter ! does that matter ?

Just to let you all know, CPR was sent today special delivery... and receipt is in a safe place :) Shall track in the morning to confirm delivery and print that and keep as well.

they get 7 days from receipt.

It would of helped to put the date on esp if you have to make an application if he doesnt comply. You do have the posting receipt so thats one thing.

:shock: Its pretty standard practice to date ALL letters regardless of what they are and how serious the matters are.:roll: It may not go against you but come on!!!

:shock: Its pretty standard practice to date ALL letters regardless of what they are and how serious the matters are.:roll: It may not go against you but come on!!!

yes I know !!! lol

Been doing essays, and just overlooked it on the letter. still never mind. lol

How did you or your partner get such a big debt with littlewoods. Is it clothing or am i off track there. Like the catalogue

This is the problem, the debt is around £400 too much as there are items that were never sent on there and items that were sent back on there and charged to the account !

Even stranger how she got a debt with no agreement !

This is the problem, the debt is around £400 too much as there are items that were never sent on there and items that were sent back on there and charged to the account !

Even stranger how she got a debt with no agreement !

Least when you send things back with littlewoods either courier collects or ou took to post office so either way you have proof the items have been returned.

Least when you send things back with littlewoods either courier collects or ou took to post office so either way you have proof the items have been returned.

In an ideal world yes, but this was disputed back in 2007/8 ... Dont have any proof now ! had not heard from littlewoods after the dispute... until carter sent the letter saying "as you are aware there is a CCJ in place for a littlewoods debt" Which we was not aware of any ccj !

Hence where we are now

It's also standard practice to send letters to the address of the person you're writing to ....... can someone let Bryan Carter know, he seems to have problems with that one.

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

In an ideal world yes, but this was disputed back in 2007/8 ... Dont have any proof now ! had not heard from littlewoods after the dispute... until carter sent the letter saying "as you are aware there is a CCJ in place for a littlewoods debt" Which we was not aware of any ccj !

Hence where we are now

If there was a dispute back then i would have still kept all proof as the matter was never going to go away without a word said if you owe money. Fairenough that is not helping you now, but it does look bad you have no proof for items you said you returned.

If there was a dispute back then i would have still kept all proof as the matter was never going to go away without a word said if you owe money. Fairenough that is not helping you now, but it does look bad you have no proof for items you said you returned.

Dont see how it matter since they can not produce anything to show anything was ever agreed that they would receive payment in the first place !

In an ideal world I would have a 20 room house with butler and enough storage/archive space to keep every letter ever received... but as I have just enough room to sleep and store our clothes thats not going to happen... also moved twice which dont help

Thinking about it, pretty sure don't get anything when you give the return to the driver anyway.. just stick the return sticker on and paperwork in the parcel.

Dont see how it matter since they can not produce anything to show anything was ever agreed that they would receive payment in the first place !

In an ideal world I would have a 20 room house with butler and enough storage/archive space to keep every letter ever received... but as I have just enough room to sleep and store our clothes thats not going to happen... also moved twice which dont help

Thinking about it, pretty sure don't get anything when you give the return to the driver anyway.. just stick the return sticker on and paperwork in the parcel.

This is what confuses me. Whenever you setup an account with the likes of littlewoods and order off them you are drawn into an agreement to return or pay for goods you purchase off them. So how was there no agreement. Any credit given requires an agreement

This is what confuses me. Whenever you setup an account with the likes of littlewoods and order off them you are drawn into an agreement to return or pay for goods you purchase off them. So how was there no agreement. Any credit given requires an agreement

have to let it confuse you then ! They have no CCA, therefore yes a debt "may" exist but they can not enforce that debt as they have no signed paperwork to say what they can and can not do is agreed upon.

Have no issue with paying them, never have had... once they get their figures correct.

have to let it confuse you then ! They have no CCA, therefore yes a debt "may" exist but they can not enforce that debt as they have no signed paperwork to say what they can and can not do is agreed upon.

Have no issue with paying them, never have had... once they get their figures correct.

Just to be on safe side though, best file all correspondence from now on so you have proof and copys of letters ect.

I have a system set up in my home office which makes it easier to find letters if i did ever have a dispute

Just to be on safe side though, best file all correspondence from now on so you have proof and copys of letters ect.

I have a system set up in my home office which makes it easier to find letters if i did ever have a dispute

all letters sent are saved on external storage :) so kept very safe lol

So how was there no agreement. Any credit given requires an agreement

Yep, that's the problem in a nutshell. However there are some large corporate entities thinking they are above the law and 'solicitors' who trade as DCAs and persist in using some very dubious methods.

Supporter2010 - may I suggest you read a few of the threads involving Bryan Carter - there are quite a few. Then you can pop over to the Cabot fan club and have a read there as well. I suggest this as I presume that you are here on these forums to offer help & support .......

Yep, that's the problem in a nutshell. However there are some large corporate entities thinking they are above the law and 'solicitors' who trade as DCAs and persist in using some very dubious methods.

Supporter2010 - may I suggest you read a few of the threads involving Bryan Carter - there are quite a few. Then you can pop over to the Cabot fan club and have a read there as well. I suggest this as I presume that you are here on these forums to offer help & support .......

Yeah cos:-D

2ltr16valve do not let yourself get sidetracked on issues that you can not prove from 2007.

Stay focused on what is required. DN, TN, NOA and agreement.

Will do mate, also the CCA... If I am on the right tracks, No CCA they cant default can they ? nor TN, nor NOA ?

Only until he gets the ccj

Aint that the truth, although according to the court the claim was filed under our current address but nothing come through our letter box ! second time this has happened... last time was tv license !

also :D

Your item with reference ZV851******GB was delivered from our WEYBRIDGE Delivery Office on 27/01/10 .

Printed and kept :)