Barclays Reserve Usage

liseylou2121
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I am after some advice. I have a current account with Barclays which has a personal reserve limit of £150.00. When i first had the reserve placed on my account it was a handy tool to ensure that I didn't end up overdrawn through DD payments etc.( I have my wages paid in to my Barclays savings account so i can manage my money better doing transfers through online banking as and when needed)

Orignially the idea of the reserve was to allow you to go up to £150.00 overdrawn as i understood this you could use the facility for up to 7 consecutive days before you were charged.

In the last 2 months i have been charged £66.00 in reserve usage fees, one of the letters was dated the 19.10.09 and stated that on the 19th i had gone overdrawn by £10.00 and they would be charging me the standard £22.00, I recieved this on the 20.10.09 when i rang Barclays they said that the charging period had changed and now i would be charged everytime i used the facility. They said I should have recieved a letter to this effect......but as yet I am still waiting.

I asked for a good will gesture to have the charge refunded but was told refund would only be granted if it was a banking error.

It seems to me that Barclays have found a loop hole in the system and are exploiting the customer yet again!!!

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Liseylou,

i had gone overdrawn by £10.00
Do you mean you went over your reserve limit of £150 by £10.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)