Getting Charged On Purpose to Increase the Claim

PKea
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apart from being unethical and lowering yourself to their level what would be the point to pay out money to claim the same amount back (apart from a few pence interest).

[/url]

Nationwide

Won

Capital One

Won

Citibank

Part win

GE Capital

Won

Exchange your council house for free.

www.UseMyPlace.com

Just curious to know if anybody has now deliberatley caused charges on their account knowing that they will get the money back in the long run.

Is this Ethical?

Or do the banks deserve it?

Thats probably the daftest thing I've ever heard - there's no point it's your money in the first place. You aren't profiting in any way.

Actually, no, I've heard dafter. The League Against Cruel Sports recently said that it was going to buy up shooting estates and re-sell them minus the sporting rights and use the proceeds to finance more purchases - HUH? It's one way of getting to the bankruptcy Courts in short order I suppose for anyone who seems determined to do it. It would be like a property developer deciding to buy up perfectly good houses and try to sell them on after having ripped out the floors, walls plumbing and electric out of them.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

Thats probably the daftest thing I've ever heard - there's no point it's your money in the first place. You aren't profiting in any way.

Actually, no, I've heard dafter. The League Against Cruel Sports recently said that it was going to buy up shooting estates and re-sell them minus the sporting rights and use the proceeds to finance more purchases - HUH? It's one way of getting to the bankruptcy Courts in short order I suppose for anyone who seems determined to do it. It would be like a property developer deciding to buy up perfectly good houses and try to sell them on after having ripped out the floors, walls plumbing and electric out of them.

P.

Yeah the shootun & untin rights are worth millions and that's what pays for their upkeep The land is usualy rocky & hilly with pleny of scrub for the guns to hide. Silly moo's

unless you actually have enough money, then run up several thousand in fees and sit back for 5 years and lap up the 8% interest

But you would be overdrawn so would be getting charged at least that on the O/D balance. Not to mention the fact that intentionally incurring these fees would be highly illegal.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

I've had two more lots of charges since my prelim letter both of £39 each.

I haven't got them on purpose, in fact one led to the other (as usual)

The only difference now, is I only get momentarily annoyed by it, instead of suicidal!

My husband and I have just applied for a joint account at the Halifax (the bank Im claiming from)..........ya think we will get turned down? lol

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

But you would be overdrawn so would be getting charged at least that on the O/D balance. Not to mention the fact that intentionally incurring these fees would be highly illegal.

P.

as I said if you had enough money ie if you weren't going to go overdrawn and I think it would be hard to prove intent to create fees as nobody in their right mind would be doing it

as I said if you had enough money ie if you weren't going to go overdrawn and I think it would be hard to prove intent to create fees as nobody in their right mind would be doing it
Correct

A thought does occur though that you could delay by using the maximum amount of time available for you to progress your claim thereby racking up daily charges. For example giving them additional time to respond & so forth.

They would have to be cautioned at the outset that interest was accruing daily

as I said if you had enough money ie if you weren't going to go overdrawn.....

Am i missing somethig here, if you dont go overdrawn then what charges will you get?

I though that bank charges were for exceeding an overdraft or using one where you dont have that facility.

If you have loads of moeny and dont go overdrwn yuo dont get charges do you?

:confused:

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

erm ...........charges like unpaid direct debits, and insufficient funds for cheques each carry a £39 charge with the Halifax.

They only allow me an overdraft if I have insufficient funds for the charges...........they charge £28 for this.

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

I think we should stop feeding the troll, he or she will get fat and burst, and i dont want body fluids on my shoes, its the devil to get off!!

Oh and it ruins the patina!!

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

:smile:JonCris

This must be your fantasy as you seem to have hijacked it to voice your opinions.

So fantasise away.

I was trying to open up some debate, but you obviously didnt get the point .

PKea thanks for the thread, I thought there were some really good points to be made, please dont let the arrogance of some put you off.

On a lighter note..........If thats what passes for fantasy these days, no wonder women look so miserable lol

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

:smile:JonCris

This must be your fantasy as you seem to have hijacked it to voice your opinions.

So fantasise away.

I was trying to open up some debate, but you obviously didnt get the point .

PKea

Sorry if we missed the point, i cant see how you can logically incur charges to gain a benifit on purpose.

Whatever an individuals morals you would open yourself up to a serious fraud charge, in the case of the banks Vs you, as opposed to you Vs bank im sure the police would investigate on their word over yours.

JMHO

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks