Highview Parking charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I'm new to this so forgive me if i've missed the answer somewhere:

I also have a fine for overstaying from Highview and the advice to ignore all letters seems clear. However I wondered if any of you have actually done this and know for sure that they will go away? (i'm very nervous!)

I am pretty sure they are running a [problem] as I was re-directed to their carpark from the entrance to a cinema carpark by a guy in a highvis vest. Given that most films end up over 2 hours they must be making a killing!

Thanks!!

Hi redlil24, start your own thread on this and you will get the same advice as me and countless others!! THis link will take you to the opening page, half way down there is a tab that says new thread. Parking / Traffic Offences - The Consumer Forums

If you look at this thread, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/231732-parking-charge-notice-advice-3.html, Markyrp is three weeks ahead of me.

The advice, though scarey appears to hold tight until they go away.:eek:

Just for your own reference, I would make notes about being re-directed etc just for your own protection.

I've just copied this from Markryp's thread as it is the same letter!

' I received a letter this morning from a firm called Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. They claim that there client (TPS Parking Solutions Ltd) has now instructed them to recover the monies, now standing at £148.75.

The letter goes on to inform me that it is essential that I settle the account without delay or contact the offices to discuss proposals for payment.

The letter then confuses me a bit in that it states "As a member of the British Parking Association, (BPA) and its Approved Operators Scheme (AOS) we adhere to its code of practice. Therefore we now invite you to declare whether or not you were the driver........."

My confusion is how or why a debt recovery firm would be a member of such organisations.

The threat continues about failure to make full payment or make contact will result being passed to the litigation team and legal recovery action may commence.

It then goes on to quote typical case referrals to County Courts, and if successful enforcement options include:

AN ATTACHMENT OF EARNINGS ORDER

COUNTY COURT BAILIFFS BEING INSTRUCTED

YOUR ITEMS BEING SOLD AT PUBLIC AUCTION TO PAY THE JUDGEMENT.

Another goes on about requests for statutory interest, court costs and legal fees significantly increasing the amount outstanding and the knock on effect of CCJ's lasting 6 years and severely affecting ability to obtain credit.

The parting shot is an invitation to view a selection of CCJ's that they successfullyobtained against pepople who have ignored their correspondence on their website.'

I know what is coming now, but it doesn't make it any easier, especially when I wasn't the driver and the driver is not happy with my actions!!!!

Oh my goodness thank you so much for replying. This is just too scary, i am saving to buy a house one day and really can't have a CCJ... eeek!

You are NOT going to get a ccj, you are falling for the [problem]. The letters are designed to provoke the very action you have displayed. Stop panicking it is all BLUFF.

Just ignore the clowns.

#regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 3 weeks later...

2 letters a few weeks apart.

1st Another letter arrived today.

This one begins, Further to our "Notice of Intended Litigation" letter.

A brief drone about referral of my case to their client with proposal of issuing county courtlink3.gif proceedings against me follows.

The list of possible costs as per last letter is detailed made up of current balance (£148.75) and Solicitors/Court fees giving total (£253.75).

This time however, they have been good enough to offer me an olive branch. The offer of a one off reduced payment of £119.00, provided that I settle within 7 days.

2nd Parking Collection Services Ltd have purchased debt.They will collect and pursue debt to a legal conclusion if necessary.

Willing to accept discount settlement figure of £99.99 to avoid the necessity of legal action.

Have lost the original link but previous poster mentioned a same phone number but it's more than that as both DEBT REVOVERY PLUS and PARKING COLLECTION SERVICES LTD share the same registered address at

5 Grange Park Road

CHEADLE

SK8 1HG

(See KIPTOWER 18.2.10)

As they say walls have ears, so not too many details suffice to say 2 worrying letters sent from DEBT RECOVERY PLUS so now awaiting the next missive to say the debt has now been bought by yet another 'organisation'.

Just how many more can I expect? I'm really beginning to feel harrassed and almost want to pay them to stop the letters!

I'm really beginning to feel harrassed and almost want to pay them to stop the letters!

If you have so much money to give away so freely, is there not a charity more worthy of your excess funds?

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Only joking. I wouldn't give these 'people' the time of day.

3rd letter 'Further to the notice of inteneded....' will now accept one off payment of £116. Having followed various streams of messges, the next communication should be from a 2nd agency who have 'bought the debt' and they will offer me yet another opportunity to pay a further reduced amount. However this 2nd agency has the same registered address as Debt Recovery Plus so do they use the shed at the bottom of the garden - no silly me just different paper in the same printer in the 'front bedroom'.

Having 'Googled' the the registered address, it is a not insubstantial residence so I don't really think they need any donations from me!

• 2 weeks later...

As predicted it arrived yesterday 31.3.10 - Parking Collection Services Ltd - who have 'purchased the debt' and are willing to accept £99.99 ( almost a round number!) in full and final settlement. The green headed notepaper made a nice change from the red. This brings the chain of letters to 7 ( lucky/unlucky for some ) and hopefully, according to other forums, the end but there is the possibility they may try to ring as the very kind DVLA also provide the phone numbers of Registered Keepers ( which I think is really going too far! ).

Any suggestions of a sure fire way of them never ringing after the first attempt.

Being rather abusive down the phone would make them think twice about calling again.

Other tactics include putting them on hold and going to do the gardening, or referring them to the answer given in the case of Arkell v. Pressdram.

• 1 year later...

Hi Cymruambyth/Letsplay,

I am in the similar situation as you guys were last year. I have just received the second letter with penality from Highview Parking. Can I know whats the status with you both? Did you guys pay at the end? Please advice as it can save some hard earned money and let these loosers keep sending mails.

Looking forward to the update.

Sac

Hi, 2 years later and, touching wood, nothing since March 2010. I have to say I do tell as many people as possible about these robbers and try to put their minds at rest. I had hoped that legislation would have put a stop to this 'highway robbery'. Always remember a fine should to be commensurate with the inconvenience caused and 9times oput of 10 there is no inconvenience!Just stand firm and don't reply to their 'rainbow' of letters!

Thanks worried44. You are right.

I changed my address a year back and they are still sending the letter to the old address. I don't know from where they took it - may be from my club card because DVLA does have my new address. I just took my letter from old address so thought of asking your help.

Sac

Hi SacI didn't pay a penny : but I did keep the letters just to have a laugh when I'm feeling down. As has been said before by other posters do not contact any of them; do not even return any letters GONE AWAY that way they may think you are still 'fair game'! Always note that the letters say MAY or COULD; this is a 'legal ' get out but do have an intimidating effect. Save your time and money : open a bottle of something sparkling and celebrate their incompetence!44( not worried any more! )

Hi all

I received a fine for parking at the wembley retail park, I emailed them as I didnt check online.

I said that I stayed 2 hours and 1 min which is reasonable time to shop and eat. They mailed back saying that if I could provide evidence they would consider it. I dont keep receipts!!! All I have is a back statement saying Mcdonalds wembley park. and the date is 3days later as thats how they take it out. What should I do now?

I am just worried if I ignore it will effect my credit rating.

Thanks