style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone tell me what happens when it is time for the insurance policy to pay out on my endowment policy. My wife lied about her age she said she was born in 1939 when in fact she was born in 1935 she is now in ill health. What stance will the insurance company take on this.:| Thanks.

tony

It really depends on what sanctions the insurance company take. As you say your wife lied which the company would see as a material fact, so they would view it as fraudulent or deliberate non-disclosure.

Have you been to the Citizen Advice Bureau office?

I would get some advice from them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tony. You don't say what kind of policy this is, which might help people in the forum to advise you. I'm very sorry to hear that your wife is unwell. Is there a reason why you've mentioned this, because it only affects certain policies.

If it's a life assurance for instance, then your wife would have paid a lower premium than she probably would have been charged had she told the insurer her actual age. At the very least, I think they would want to look at the impact of this. Do you know what the reason was for changing her date of birth on the original form?

I hope other caggers may be able to shed some light on this, but IMHO a few more details would help.

Kind regards :)

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes I wrote a letter to the insurance company and said that I made a mistake when filling in the form and entered my wifes wrong date of birth. They amended there records and I think that will be the end of the matter.