Please Please Help.........

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Hubby has had a letter today he has a investagatory(sp) meeting tomorrow at 10am

I don,t know if this means anything but the letter states the meeting is to discuss "Your non-payment of goods" to the value of £31.03"

Would it say alleged theft of goods if that is what they were treating this as?

Thanks so much guys

Meg&Mog

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they are treating it as theft, it's 'non-payment of goods' they

can't accuse him of anything until they've got all the facts. Everything points to someone in a rush who thought he'd paid.

An investagatory is fine. We haven't reached a disiplinary yet which is good.

AN EMPLOYEE?S GUIDE TO DISCIPLINARY AND DISMISSAL HEARINGS | North West Employment Law

The Retail Trust people are good for support

http://www.retailtrust.org.uk/

Edited by rebel11

I don't think they are treating it as theft, it's 'non-payment of goods' they

can't accuse him of anything until they've got all the facts. Everything points to someone in a rush who thought he'd paid.

An investagatory is fine. We haven't reached a disiplinary yet which is good.

AN EMPLOYEE?S GUIDE TO DISCIPLINARY AND DISMISSAL HEARINGS | North West Employment Law

The Retail Trust people are good for support

Welcome to the Retail Trust website - Retail Trust

Hi

Thanks so much for your reply

The link was great too thanks he has to be ther at 9.30am to meet with the union person and have a chance to have a look at any witness statements the only witness i can think of is the girl who removed the alarm now i am worried about whay she may have said thinking she herself could be in trouble

Am i letting my imagination run away with me?

Thanks guys

Meg&Mog

Yep, just stay calm. It's good that he's got Union Representation. I have mixed feelings about Union folk in general, but he's got someone to fight his corner.

'Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.' ~Benjamin Franklin

Hi Guys

My Hubby has been for his meeting it has been moved to a disiplinary with the store manager next wednesday

We are very worried now this is bad news isnt it?

Thanks all

Meg&Mog :(

What happened at the meeting? what did they say?

What did the Union guy say?

Hi Rebel

They were asking how come he remembered everything about that morning but not paying for the items....they asked if he felt he left the store with a clear conscience(sp) they also asked why since out daughter works there as well 3 nights a week why he did not wait for her to finish her shift he explained that he had turned my alarm off so i would,nt get up but we have a autistic son who has to be woken at 7.15 that is his routine he felt as though the bloke did,nt believe him he told him on the way out to go home and have a long think about everything he did that morning my hubby felt as though he was saying just admit it

The union person was a shop steward apparently the company won,t allow for a proper union rep at a investigatory meeting they feel it is,nt serious enough

Thanks for your thoughts

Meg&Mog

If you've got an autistic son, clearly thats a concern on his mind as the alarm has been switched off and theres nothing to wake you up. That explains why he was in a rush and didn't wait for yor daughter. The problem is being represented by a Shop Steward who works at the store

who will always be close to management, so isn't impartial. Just because

he can't remember if he paid or not doesn't make him guilty. Does look like

the Shop Steward was trying too hard to help your husband.

I would ring the Union and speak to someone at thier Head office. Just

explain exactly as you have explained to us. This is giving the Store Management an opportunity to use your husband as an example, whilst

an injustice occurs.

If you've got an autistic son, clearly thats a concern on his mind as the alarm has been switched off and theres nothing to wake you up. That explains why he was in a rush and didn't wait for yor daughter. The problem is being represented by a Shop Steward who works at the store

who will always be close to management, so isn't impartial. Just because

he can't remember if he paid or not doesn't make him guilty. Does look like

the Shop Steward was trying too hard to help your husband.

I would ring the Union and speak to someone at thier Head office. Just

explain exactly as you have explained to us. This is giving the Store Management an opportunity to use your husband as an example, whilst

an injustice occurs.

Hi Rebel11

Thanks so much again for your thoughts

We just have to wait and see about this now....he has rang and spoke to the union regional office they are going to accompany him next week

We are so gutted his manager is very supportive he has not been involved in the process at all don,t know if that is right?

Hopefully the store manager who is new only been at this store for approx 3 weeks will ask my hubbys managers opinion of my hubby and that will help because as i said he is being supportive

Just wish i had,nt have had a damn birthday :)

Thanks again

Meg&Mog

Hi All

If the worse comes to the worse and he is either asked to resign or faces the sack for this what should he do regarding applying for other jobs should he be truthful on the application forms?

I know a resignation without another job is going to look iffy to employers but have to put this on a app form would be a nightmare

Thanks guys

Meg&Mog :(

I would tell the truth, if he fabricates info on an application form, if found out later that would have consequences, he would be no better off.

Plus it's far from over, the other thing is that this manager might be trying to impress the new store manager. I spent 25 years in retail and was a manager for many of those years. I've seen it all. I should really write a book.

Hi Guys

Does anyone think it would be a good idea if i wrote to the store manager?

I was thinking of not telling my hubby and just kind of writing to him without mentioning any facts of the incident and just teling him how this has affected him almost like a character reference?

I feel so responsible because it was my birthday and he just wanted to do something nice,i don,t want to come across begging or anything but just to let him know how commited to his job my hubby is?

Thanks for your thoughts

Meg&Mog :-(

How long has he worked there?

Hi rebel

Thanks again for replying

4 years he has worked there but the store manager has only been there approx 3 weeks i am worried he will not know enough about my hubby

I know where your coming from, but your husband's manager does know your husband, you've said that he is supportive. Plus they probably hold a

Personnel file which will show positives. So maybe he can write something.

If you want to write a letter about your concerns and how you feel.

I'd send it to the Director of HR at Head Office. The fact that the Store Manager is new has a plus and minus side. It's all down to his makeup.

• Haha 1

I know where your coming from, but your husband's manager does know your husband, you've said that he is supportive. Plus they probably hold a

Personnel file which will show positives. So maybe he can write something.

If you want to write a letter about your concerns and how you feel.

I'd send it to the Director of HR at Head Office. The fact that the Store Manager is new has a plus and minus side. It's all down to his makeup.

Hi rebel

Thanks again for your support

Do you think the store manager will ask my hubbys managers opinion then?

You are right my hubbys manager has been very suppoertive he even said to my hubby yesterday "enjoy your time off" which made my hubby feel better

My hubby thinks if the store manager did ask his managers advice or opinion then he would get good feedback

When you say maybe he can write something who do you mean? sorry for being dim

Thanks again :)

Maybe your husbands manager could write something for the attention of the store manager , so at least he's had an input. If an appeal is needed later then that could be handy. You really, really must stop worrying.

Thanks so much rebel11

i will try my best

Thank You

Hi Guys

I know i should try and stay positive but i can,t help thinking the worse so at least we have a plan of action if it does happen

If he was to get dimissed for this.....could we appeal on the grounds that the punishment is too harsh? or is it classed as theft regardless of the circumstances? we don,t even know what the company are viewing it as although they are going down the gross misconduct route

We are worried about other jobs whether he will get one with this on his emplyment record we have 4 kids 1 is 18 and works there also so 3 dependants 1 disabled we are just so worried

Thanks guys

Hi Guys

I know i should try and stay positive but i can,t help thinking the worse so at least we have a plan of action if it does happen

If he was to get dimissed for this.....could we appeal on the grounds that the punishment is too harsh? or is it classed as theft regardless of the circumstances? we don,t even know what the company are viewing it as although they are going down the gross misconduct route

We are worried about other jobs whether he will get one with this on his emplyment record we have 4 kids 1 is 18 and works there also so 3 dependants 1 disabled we are just so worried

Thanks guys

I may be wrong but theft is the intention to deprive some one else of their property. They would and it is only my opinion have to prove that their was intent and from what I have read so far I don't think they could prove that..

The thing is that as it stands nobody knows whats going to happen on Wednesday. Has your husband spoken to the Union rep thats coming down? I would brief him today if you can get hold of him or at least before

Wed. I would also tell him that the Shop Steward was hopeless. You will

have the opportunity to appeal. One step at a time. Your husband was in a rush, thats how the situation arose. So he can't remember everything, he had you and your son on his mind. There is a big

difference between a mistake and theft, although companies disiplinary

procedures don't distinguish between the two. Please don't worry, do stuff to take your mind off it, at this moment you can do anything about it.