Right then here goes TSB

loyalbrummie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got another letter from MR ORTON today .

Dear Mr C

I am now in a position to reply to your further letter .

Naturally I was verry sorry to be made aware that you remain unhappy and regret any additional upset caused .

After reviewing the matter i am afraid that there is not a great deal that I can add to my last response . Ultimately the charges your account has incurred was avoidable , as there are a number of ways you can check your balance to ensure that you have sufficient cleared funds to meet the payments that you have aggreed to ,. Moreover we provided you with details of our fees at the outset of our relationship, so if you were unhappy with them , you had the option of opening an account elsewhere or ensuring that your account in credit. Taking all this into consideration , I am unable to comply with your request for a refund and regret it if this causes further disappointment .

Following on from the above , I am afraid I have to disagree with your comments about the charges being unlawful . Given the recent publicity we have sought the opinion of counsel who are of the opinion that our charges are legaland indeed defendable.

THIS LETTER IS THE BANKS FINAL RESPONSE , WHICH MEANS THAT IF YOU REMAIN DISSATISFIED YOU MAY REFER YOUR COMPLAINT TO THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE , IF YOU DECIDE TO PURSUE YOUR COMPLAINT THROUGHT THE fos YOU MUST DO SO WITHIN 6 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF THIS LETTER AND I ENCLOSE A BOOKLET WITH THEIR DETAILS .

Is this the normal route , I aint flapping ALL I WANT IS WHAT THEY took FROM ME .

IF SOMEONE took OVER 1k OFF ME ON THE STREET I WOULD HAVE DEFENDED MYSELF . AGAINST THESE PARASITES I HAD NO DEFENCE WHATSOEVER .

[edit by moderator - please be aware of using potentially libelous phrasology - cheers ]

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

KEEP RIGHT ON TILL THE END OF THE ROAD ........

Given the recent publicity we have sought the opinion of counsel who are of the opinion that our charges are legal and indeed defendable.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, well thats funny Mr Orton - if the charges are lawful and "defendable", why have you not actually defended a single claim then?

Take no notice, they're only trying a last ditch attempt to put you off. Go ahead with your claim as I advised you in a previous post.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Good decision I reckon.

Heres a Directory of County Courts in England and Wales.

You'll need to give them 3 copies of the completed N1, as per the link above, and 3 copies of your schedule of charges. Any problems, give me a shout.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Did you send them the letter about the account closure by the way? Any response yet?

Gary they havent said they are closing my account , they were telling me that they wanted my account brought up to date and out of debt .I think thats what they were blabbering on about anyway lol

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

Hi , this isnt hijacking my own thread BUT has anybody got a phone number so I can complain about LLyods TSB contacting my house at 20.45 last night , asking to speak to my partner who owes money on the credit cards , they have been harrasing her for ages now and she is getting really peed off by it .

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

Their is a letter for telephone harrasment in the templates library, its quite strongly worded and has had some good results so far I think.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

How you all doing? I've just regeastered and I'm hoping to send of my Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter but I'm not sure on the address for the Data Controller for Lloyds TSB. Can any help please?:)

Hi,

Send it to:

FAO Penny Berryman, Senior Manager

Lloyds Bank PLC

Data Protection Dept.

The Pentagon

Chiswell Street

48, Chiswell Street

London EC1Y 4XX

Also if you start up your own thread, then you can record your progress etc.

Good luck!

Barty :)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all again havent been on for weeks , without going into to much detail

, just had too much personal going on .

Have i passed any deadlines or do i just carry on with my claim , I saw the programme last night on bbc2 , thouight the interviewer done very well , they really are flapping arent they lol

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

No need to start again.

Before you start the court line though, you may like to use the letter below. The worst that can happenis that you will only have lost 7 days.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx from xxxxxxxxxx.

It is clear from your letter that you are under the impression that I will not issue a claim against you for the return the unlawful bank charges debited from my account.

I am writing to inform you that this will be the next stage unless I receive full payment in the next 7 days of the £xxxx detailed in my previous letter to you.

However, please accept this correspondence in accordance with my duty under the Civil Procedure Rules to continue to pursue a settlement without the need to invoke the time of the courts

If you do not intend to defend your charges in court, but hoping that I will "just go away" I should to point out that this will not happen and you will incur further costs against you.

Take note that I will draw the Court’s attention to the fact that you have not made any attempts at settlement in accordance with the overriding objectives of CPR. Furthermore I will submit this letter to the Court as further evidence of your intransigence with my case despite my attempts at settlement and the settling by your company of all other similar claims to date.

Alternatively, in accordance with the overriding objectives of the Civil Procedure Rules I would like to give you the opportunity to settle this issue without the need to take the time of the Courts. My claim is for £xxxx. If you could ensure that this sum is paid into my bank account within seven days I will inform the court that this matter is settled. If you wish to pursue this course of action please telephone me to obtain my account details.

Please do not waste any further time with something you do not intend to defend.

Yours sincerely

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• 1 month later...

Who should this letter be sent out to ?

Also ive had LLyods solicitors on the phone asking for their money back , when i refused saying that i was claiming against them they have asked for a copy of the court forms do i have to comply with this, it wasnt SCM it was a firm called Buchannan &wells

LB

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest littlesally
No need to start again.

Before you start the court line though, you may like to use the letter below. The worst that can happenis that you will only have lost 7 days.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx from xxxxxxxxxx.

It is clear from your letter that you are under the impression that I will not issue a claim against you for the return the unlawful bank charges debited from my account.

I am writing to inform you that this will be the next stage unless I receive full payment in the next 7 days of the £xxxx detailed in my previous letter to you.

However, please accept this correspondence in accordance with my duty under the Civil Procedure Rules to continue to pursue a settlement without the need to invoke the time of the courts

If you do not intend to defend your charges in court, but hoping that I will "just go away" I should to point out that this will not happen and you will incur further costs against you.

Take note that I will draw the Court’s attention to the fact that you have not made any attempts at settlement in accordance with the overriding objectives of CPR. Furthermore I will submit this letter to the Court as further evidence of your intransigence with my case despite my attempts at settlement and the settling by your company of all other similar claims to date.

Alternatively, in accordance with the overriding objectives of the Civil Procedure Rules I would like to give you the opportunity to settle this issue without the need to take the time of the Courts. My claim is for £xxxx. If you could ensure that this sum is paid into my bank account within seven days I will inform the court that this matter is settled. If you wish to pursue this course of action please telephone me to obtain my account details.

Please do not waste any further time with something you do not intend to defend.

Yours sincerely

If you use this letter intersest cannot be claimed, worth remembering if it's a large claim

Sally

The material posted on here should be for the benefit of everyone, but its only right that if your going to reproduce someone else letters you should credit them - or at least acknowledge that its not yours!

I have not once passed it off as my own and you know that, if you didn't want the letter used then don't put it on your thread.

Some of the newbies have trouble finding things on this site I was merely trying to help them.....perhaps I wont bother next time.

Good points deller. Thinking about it, I think I'd actually want as many people as possible to benefit from the stuff I'd posted - sharing stuff is what CAG's all about! I guess that as long as your not saying or implying you wrote yourself it then its ok. Personally, I always acknowledge I did'nt write it if I post someone else stuff though.

Fair point Gary and I will see fit to do the same in the future.

I have had some of my material used on the site by others and dont mind who benifits from it, afterall it helped in the completion of my claim and only hope it helps others too.