• Tweets

• Does anyone know if I would be allowed to record conversations with health professionals for my own use on my phone without them knowing. I know that we are allowed to record phone calls. I do record some of my phone calls for my own use due to my disability and if anything is said then I am covered. I would only record audio in private area's of myself and the professional dealing with me. I know I could not get and other persons audio in it and I don't intend to. my only other option is to buy a body cam but I am not sure the rules regarding this.I never thought i would have to but things are getting worse Thanks for any guidance 
    • Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Introducing adult cats.... any bright ideas?

PriorityOne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks.

Cat was killed but at least it was outright so she didn't suffer. She was only about 5 but was a cat that wouldn't be kept in. Some are OK as housecats, some are miserable so you can't force it. All you can do is give them a good life whilst you have them.

I know she will miss her a lot. I can guarantee she'll be asking me to take her to the cat sanctuary for another one - hopefully an older one that is happy staying in or one that's had an hard life and appreciates staying in.

It takes a while to come to terms with.... so sorry :(

My rescue cats have always ended up being indoor cats.... my Mum cat is already. It is a worry when they prefer to go out but they have their own preferences, as you say.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, I will spend lots of time with her and she can visit mine. She calls herself their "grandma"!

Mine are all housecats - Norwegians were bred as showcats so they were used to it so no problems, kitten hasn't been out but does try it on so will have to be watched - hopefully having 4 friends will keep her occupied! Felix is 15 and isn't bothered what happens as long as he gets food/sleep so I'm lucky I don't have to worry about traffic.

They do have a big pen in the back garden with a couple of hutches in it that they can sit in if it rains though. Think I'd struggle without that! They love it and I get to hoover in peace/have the windows open in summer etc.

Mine have the option of going in and out as they please, but I back onto farmland.... so don't have the worry of lots of traffic racing past. That's part of the reason I've taken Mum cat & kitty on... 'coz providing they get on with the others, they'll have a good life here.

I live in hope.... lol

Mine have the option of going in and out as they please, but I back onto farmland.... so don't have the worry of lots of traffic racing past. That's part of the reason I've taken Mum cat & kitty on... 'coz providing they get on with the others, they'll have a good life here.

I live in hope.... lol

they are very lucky cats! and I am sure they will be OK in time, if not best friends, at least tolerate each other.

• 4 weeks later...

**Update**

Mum cat figured out how to get in through a locked cat flap :eek:....which made life increasingly difficult because no one could get out once they were in!!.... so I decided to leave the catflap unlocked and just let them get on with it :rolleyes: (during the day, that is).

There's been no flying fur so far, no cr*p on the carpet and the spooky face on my Ollie is not as bad as it used to be. The kitten is not a problem at all, but I dare not relax too much and/or too quickly because Mum cat still chases.

It seems to be better though....

Great news. Hopefully it will get even better in time.

Mine used to manage to bulldoze their way through a locked cat flap. The ones where you slide a piece of plastic in behind the actual cat flap to completely block it off stopped them in the end. It is a staywell. I haven't had one for years though as I have housecats nowadays.

Sorry to butt in so late in the procedings but after many years owning & fostering cats I've mastered the introductions technique: leave them to it. There will be fur flying, there will be upset, there will be times when you could sit & cry cos your once harmonious home is now a war zone but they will sort out the pecking order & things will calm down. Until they have had the inevitable confrontations & someone loses the tension will unfortunately remain.

I introduced a hyperactive, neurotic, stark raving mad, 3 month old oriental to two mature, laid back BSH's last year.... that was fun (not). They're fine now but took a good 6 weeks before all the hissing & growling stopped. Sometimes wish they'd all stayed the best of enemies as junior's managed to revert the 2 older ones back to kitten hood so it's like Heathrow terminal 1 in our house when playtime starts.

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

I wish I had £1 for every time an owner has come to me for help after just leaving them to it. There's a world of difference between bringing a kitten in and introducing adults. Even with a kitten there is very good reason to minimise stress for all your cats during the introductory period.

I disagree; there is little difference between cats & kittens.

The result of trying to make introductions in a stressless way more than often leads to more stress. Any mixing of territorial species will always be fraught. They absolutely HAVE TO sort out the pecking order & stopping them from doing that only delays the inevitable or makes for thoroughly miserable cats. As long as they are supervised there is no need whatsoever for sprays, intervention (within reason, if someone is getting an eye gouged out obviously you intervene) etc. The only difference I have ever found is between domestic & feral or elderly/disbled cats. Apologies if my views conflicting with yours doesn't sit well but that does not make them wrong.

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

It does of course depend on the temperament of the cats involved. I have always found that putting new cat in a room of their own to settle and then opening the door for an hour or so whilst I am around and giving them the option to hide out or wander at will works best - ie in their own time.

They do need supervision though - on one occasion I did have a ripped ear tip to deal with when one of my she's took exception to a 9 month old tom. He had already been here months though and I'd thought they were fine - he must have just annoyed her that particular morning.

Agree. Stress was cause of my cat's FLUTD. I think it was down to catflap, they'd been OK for years but after my dog died next door's cat started to come in and stressed him out so much he got FLUTD although at the time I didn't think he was upset. Hard to tell sometimes. Closed catflap off though and everything went back to normal once he was better.

I think now that you need either a very tough cat or a dog if you have a catflap!

I've heard a few stories about cats barging through a locked cat flap over the last few days.... lol.... but I've had no noticeable problems since starting to leave it unlocked, so I'm starting to feel a bit better about things. Mum and kitty are always in when I get in from work and my original 2 are always out though. However, they seem to know that Mum and kitty get put somewhere else during the evening because they come in then and settle.

Mum cat seems to be top of the pecking order at the moment, but we'll see how things go....

• 4 weeks later...

**Update**

Mum and kitty cat are in the house all day now until late at night. My other 2 cats are still not happy about this, but Ollie (male cat) has stopped hiding from them now and will sit in the same room as them... but under protest! There's still some growling going on, but no more chasing.... which is a relief.

My other cat Tiggy (female) is a moody b*gger anyway and doesn't come in that often, but I'm hoping this will get easier as time goes on. She comes in to eat because the food disappears.... but won't settle indoors. She'll just sit there and dare anyone to come near her until an opportunity arises for her to go back out through the cat flap.

Fun times... :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Well, after months and months of living in next door's shed and refusing to come in, my older female cat seems to have given up the protest and decided that she loves me after all.:rolleyes: She came into the house for a look around last night and then settled on the bed and stayed there all night!! She is still fussy beyond words this morning! Very strange....

S'pose they must have sorted out there differences outside.... :confused:

• 10 months later...
Companies such as Naturvet do a range of products that are suposed relax the cats and make them more comfortable (I think they are pheramone based). Such products may have helped to ease the process

Yes.... I did look at these and they're quite expensive. A friend of mine had shelled out to get one but said it made no difference which put me off.

They've all settled quite well now though, although one my originals (a Tom) likes to show who's boss from time to time.

I thought I was mad for having 4 cats..... and still do from time to time, especially when we also now have a regular visitor through the catflap as well. I know he lives somewhere nearby but doesn't get enough to eat. He's gorgeous but was very, very skinny when he first "visited". Mine accept him or not depending on their mood but I'm a little worried that he's not been neutered and seeing as he's not my cat, it's giving me a dilemma. He hasn't sprayed anywhere or even gone to spray anywhere.... and he's so furry down there that I can't see to tell if he's been done or not...lol... but I don't think he has, so don't want a stinky cat in here when the Spring stirs his loins, so to speak...:|.

Suggestions anyone? Please don't tell me to close the catflap. 'coz I can't..... I hate trays and won't have them in the house.

:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you want to make it 5!! And will make it 5.

I have 6 they are all typical really, they put up with each other as I think all cats do. The girls do take a bit of a battering and know their place you know the usual they eat last, pull back if a male pushes in on the food side of things. Generally Priority, I find if they are fed in close proximity to each other that is all together lined up they get along OK. I have the usual biting session if one is sat where another wants to sit but in general they know whats what and find their own pecking order.

• Haha 1

Looks like you want to make it 5!! And will make it 5.

I have 6 they are all typical really, they put up with each other as I think all cats do. The girls do take a bit of a battering and know their place you know the usual they eat last, pull back if a male pushes in on the food side of things. Generally Priority, I find if they are fed in close proximity to each other that is all together lined up they get along OK. I have the usual biting session if one is sat where another wants to sit but in general they know whats what and find their own pecking order.

Thanks for your reply Gatecrasher... :-)

I'm not sure if I have a choice over making it 5, to be honest. If it was a dog, it would be different but cats are free agents and this one just wants to be here. My oldest Tom cat squares up to him at times but not to have a go; just to tell him off. They are inches away from each other at times and he gets a good telling-off and then mine just walks away triumphant.... lol! :lol:

You're right about the pecking order and it's been well-established now.... I'm still amazed that I managed to get them all living alongside each other so well; remembering the problems in the early days. These days I often get 4 in one room all sleeping happily.... and they often all eat together now as well, altough not too close. In fact, they are no trouble at all these days.

Cat no. 5 bothers me though because I know he's not a genuine stray but whoever he belongs to really needs classes in how to care for animals, IMO. I've decided to take him to the vet at some point and have him checked over. If it means me paying to have him neutered, then I'll just have to do it. It's not a big issue for me 'coz I work.... but there are times when I seriously question my own sanity with these creatures!!

:-)

Edited by PriorityOne
typo

Strange thing cats, with their pecking order. They make their own rules up!

I have 3 ducks and it's very straight forward with them..top female, second class female and male who "thinks" he's the boss. (But even the low rank female is much brighter and runs rings round him, she always finds busy busy things to do out of his way at the bottom of the garden when she knows he's in the mood for luuurv).

Sounds familiar :lol: