Help For A Friend

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

my friend got abit behind with a gas/electric bill from a previous address, she doesnt dispute the amount but they insisting that she pays a min of £40 per month.. As she is a single mother with other bills to pay she has been paying this at £5 per month via standing order which she can afford and maintain untill the bill is paid. They keep sending ''solicitor letters'' saying they are going to take this further and the next course of action is court.. I told her not to call them but after the letter today she called! the guy she spoke to wasnt intrested in anything other than getting her to agree to repay @ £40 per month as £5 per month wasnt good enough, the call ended with her saying your only getting £5 so go whistle for the rest...

should she send them a letter advising what she is gonna pay (if so any ideas on what to write?) or should she just keep paying the £5 per month and if it does goto court use this as evidence that she is paying and not avoiding it as the letters/caller suggested?

Many thanks

Yellow

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

She should just keep payong her £5 and tell her again not to talk to them on the phone, They may hum and haw about it but they will accept it because they know a court would not order her to pay more than she can afford.

If she is on benefits then £5 per month is too much. A court is unlikely to order her to pay much more than £1 a month, if that. Maybe she should consider reducing her payment, and then they can see if their greed was worthwhile :rolleyes:

well they have already taken 2 payments.. the balance on each letter reflects this aswell.. Yeah she's currently on benefits but looking for work atm.. she deffo wont be speaking to them again.

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!