Excel Parking charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am a new poster on this forum and found it by googl`ing "excel parking charges".

I am in the HM forces and yesterday recieved a letter at my work place saying that I owed £100 in parking charges dated over 2 months ago. It states I was parked longer than the permitted time in Park Tawe Swansea car park. On the day i had no notice on my car to say I had overstayed, so that is why I was so surprised when reading this letter yesterday. I had recieved no such first letter of the offence, but received this second one which was why the charge was at £100. I would like any advise on what to do as I dont feel inclined to pay , but would they take me to court or have the baliffs around my base trying to get on to see me lol ?

:eek:

Thanks in advance.

Excel is a just a [problem] private parking company from whom any "invoices" can be safely disregarded and the money put to better use by the recipient.

Here is a link to the transcript of an interview which sheds some light on their seedy operation:

BBC - Radio 4 - Transcript - Face the Facts 29 July 2005

Is it these goons??

Excel Parking Services Limited

They use ANPR on some of their sites, which is how they can tell if you have overstayed your welcome by 3 seconds!

Ignore them, they will never get past the front gate anyhow:D

They believe Forces personnel are easy targets as they threaten to contact CO's if you don't cough up, had plenty of those hollow threats in my time.

If it is those clowns, then they are members of the BPA

whose codes of conduct are hear: Welcome to the British Parking Association

Welcome to the British Parking Association

You have nothing to worry about, just come back if you need any more assistance.

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They believe Forces personnel are easy targets as they threaten to contact CO's if you don't cough up, had plenty of those hollow threats in my time.

Are you kidding? Please tell me you are joking.

Or is this what our country has now come to? The brave men and women who risk their lives are rewarded by the government allowing cowboy car park operators to make these kind of threats?

I read somewhere that the parasite running Excel is making £450,000 a year from that sleazy outfit, which is approximately 20 times what someone in the armed services gets.

Are you kidding? Please tell me you are joking.

Absolutely not unfortunately, they do it as a matter of course, and as far as I am aware they are still doing it now.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the advise guys, and that was one thought in the back of my head about threatening to contact my CO, but in the end I am not giving out £100 quid for something I didnt do and the fact they haven t given me any details from the time I parked and the time they allegedly got me down as leaving just boosts my position in not paying up.

Cheers guys

Normaly CO's won't entertain DCA's or phone calls from random agencies saying that one of their soldiers owes money, so try not to let the thought of them doing that intimidate you into paying money you don't owe.

It's not an offence to be in debt or to owe someone money, well not in civvie street:D

If they do make contact with your unit, then you should lodge a formal complaint to the BPA, and get Watchdog involved as they love parking companies...

Now make sure your kit is pressed for parade in the morning..;)

Boo:cool:

This was from two years ago & they're still at it. :rolleyes:

Judge says Excel parking fines illegal

BOSSES at a controversial parking firm which threatened motorists with unjustified fines have seen a county court judgment back-fire on them.

Excel Parking sparked a wave of protest in January 2007 after dozens of car owners received letters threatening them with fines of up to £100 for parking at Portland Retail Park three months earlier.

Judge says Excel parking fines illegal - Mansfield Chad

£60 fine for driving through a car park http://www.salfordadvertiser.co.uk/news/s/1137284_60_fine_for_driving_through_a_car_park

Time we clamped down on parking companies http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/oct/10/clamp-down-parking-companies

Edited by cerberusalert

If that is the case, I am sure newspapers like 'The Sun' , etc that like to support the troops would love to take this story and run with it, can you imagine the backlash????

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Have you heard anymore from them??

I have had a third letter saying last chance to pay before they commence court proceeding's, but I haven't paid or reply`d to them hoping the bad smell will just eventually fade away.

I have had a third letter saying last chance to pay before they commence court proceeding's, .

You have yet to receive your final, then very final before absolutely final letter. Just carry on ignoring the clowns.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

They won't entertain taking you to court, it is just empty threats, you'd think they would grow up and speak to people like adults. Just ensure you file everything properly, and make a note of dates you RX the letters and any calls they make to you.

They're trying it on in time for Crimbo, and want to boost their Slush fund.....losers..

Boo;)