£2399.00 Tv faulty after 9 months

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have been without my TV for over a month the repairers seem to be dragging their feet. The original sellig store has asked me to send him an email Stating what has happened and he will try to get a replacement or if I pay a bit extra an upgrade. If they can track down the Tv's Pioneer have discontinued but may still have some tucked away for occasions like these

That part doesnt really matter to the post so much

What I'm after is kowing what is a reasonable time for repair before I can demand resolution.

The shop Sevenoaks in manchester will do some leg work on my behalf (top blokes)

So far I have written this in an email:

I purchased a Pioneer KRP-500A Plasma TV from your store 02/01/09 Invoice number ********.

Unfortunately this TV developed a fault whilst watching the TV. The set switched into standby and wouldn’t turn back on. The TV would attempt to come out of standby the screen would flash then close down to standby with the light flashing a fault code 8 flashes then stop and repeat.

I reported the fault to Pioneer on Friday the 4th September and they passed the job to NWAR Ltd based in blackpool on Mon the 7th September. An Engineer then came out the following Monday 14th September and confirmed the fault. He left saying they would order the parts and return to fit.

I then received a phone call stating the panel would need to be collected as spares would need fitting on the workshop and they attended to collect the following Monday 21st September It appears they only cover my area on Mondays.

On their job sheet it states estimated repair time is 10-14 days I contacted them on the Friday 11 days after the set was sent away expecting the unit to be delivered back on the Monday.

I was told that a part had been ordered and they are waiting on this.

I contacted them again Yesterday 9th October to be told that the part they fitted didn’t cure the fault and they have ordered another part. I understand the fault finding process especially with the set in protection mode.

But I have now been without my set for over a month. Which is unacceptable for a TV costing £2399.00. I have had no contact from the repair agent other than booking collection or pickup. I have had to chase this repair every step.

They have now had over 1 month to repair my set which I believe is more than would be considered reasonable.

He has asked me to be as Pi**ed off as I can be without being a pillock.

But I hate making complaints to people who had no hand in the situation (Its not like he broke the TV)

What do you Pro Complainers :wink:suggest I add to get my point across.

Cheers Matt

Bear in mind that your contract is with the shop not the manufacturer - so although they havent had a hand in the situation, they actually have in fact as they have sold you a dud TV...

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

I Know, They are prepared to pass this up the ladder and fight for another TV what I dont want is a refund. As the tv I have is only out-classed by its bigger brother.

I dont have a problem with the retailer.

If he had another in the shop he would have exchanged for me, but they are like hens teeth now.

If he helps me shout pretty loud at Pioneer Then Pioneer may magically make a replacement or an upgrade (obviously at a cost) appear.

Thanks

It's as Mr Shed has said above and though you think the shop are being nice, you are doing their work for them. You shouldn't be chasing anything. The shop should have arranged collection which mean it is in the shops hands for repair. Where they send it is of no concern to you.

It shouldn't have been up to you to sound peed off on the phone, it should have been up to the shop. I believe the time limit is 28 days. You are dealing with Panasonic now, so I believe have relinquished the shop of all responsiblity.

The extended warranty card says to contact pioneer's customer service in the event of a fault.

I hail from the brown goods repair industry so i know how it works from behind the scenes. Just never had any experience from retailer's side.

The shop will give me a refund. thats not an issue the issue is this repair has taken too long for a tv 9 months into its first year of use.

And unfotunatly Pioneer have discontinued this model. And are not bringing out another. Popular opinion is the only TV better than the one I have is the bigger one. So The shops hands are tied but they are going to try and push pioneer into either replacing like for like or sourcing the bigger brother to which i will pay the differance.

The bloke in the shop wants me to right an email in a peed off tone so he can pass on to his contacts in Pioneer hopefully speeding up the process.

Thanks

Matt

The extended warranty card says to contact pioneer's customer service in the event of a fault.

I hail from the brown goods repair industry so i know how it works from behind the scenes. Just never had any experience from retailer's side.

The shop will give me a refund. thats not an issue the issue is this repair has taken too long for a tv 9 months into its first year of use.

And unfotunatly Pioneer have discontinued this model. And are not bringing out another. Popular opinion is the only TV better than the one I have is the bigger one. So The shops hands are tied but they are going to try and push pioneer into either replacing like for like or sourcing the bigger brother to which i will pay the differance.

The bloke in the shop wants me to right an email in a peed off tone so he can pass on to his contacts in Pioneer hopefully speeding up the process.

Thanks

Matt

Would you have to pay the difference though ?

Its a fair amount the differance is about £1000 which i will pay

It is an extra 10 inches though...LOL

Id negotiate a reduced amount, I am sure I have seen this done and read about it. (looking for proof lol)

Way I see it is, they cant replace.... so get an extra £1000 of you for it breaking ? hmmm

don't know where but 28days sticks in my mind

so they have only just crossed that threshold & TBH [like you i work in repairs too] PSU faults are not often that clear-cut esp in plasma tv's.

often the psu will fail because something else has dragged it down you replace the PSU, the other bit goes, now that s not an excuse 'cause i would contact the customer and explain, which they have done.

so i'd wait a bit longer. now are these guys approved pioneer repairers? 'cause pioneer are normally very very good in my exp.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I used to explain repairs like a train track you fix the first station and that leads you to the second station and you only know thats broke after youve fixed station 1.

Its even worse with new set as they drop into protection mode.

I understand the problem But I'm a damn customer now and want to do what customers do.LOL

To be honest the fault pointed towards the screen. 8 flashes is supposed to be either ribbon cable to the screen or the screen. The annoying thing is the lack of communication from the agent.