• Tweets

• old and new threads merged most of the so called arrested at XXXX etc are FAKES to generate money for the certain website you shouldn't have any issues at all unless there was a UAE court claim against you  
    • Then you did exactly what you were supposed to do.  It's common sense that you would need extra time compared to an able bodied person. But Excel and its sister company VCS are the lowest of the low.  We have cases where they have ticketed people for stopping in a no-stopping zone near an airport - at a zebra crossing.  I'm not joking.  We have another case where someone caused a taxi to stop by stepping in front of it, again in a no-stopping zone, so they ticketed the taxt driver, they actually expected the taxi driver to continue driving and to murder the pedestrian.  Again, I'm not joking.  These are the people you are dealing with.
    • we can help with this and probably make 85% vanish if you want too start a new thread and tell us about it all. NEVER EVER PAY A DEBT COLLECTOR!! they are NOT BAILIFFS!! dx  
    • it never happens forget it shame you entered into pointless FmOtL letter tennis...
    • thanks nicky. im trying.. ive never had a pcn. im trying to read up and learn all this ...i may be slow as theres a lot to learn. i can't afford this charge and my friend definitely wont be able to pay even if it goes to court. didnt know about this website until google searched excel ..as was considering writing them a letter of explanation about the vulnerability of my friend as im worried she might suffer a breakdown. i think excel did send photos of the signs - there are 2 main ones...but one was blocked by an artic as you drive in - also if you look at the building there is a loading door next to pay&display machine which blocks the disabled bays too...so you cant drive to the bays opposite the machine only the joining bays a you go in.. if the disabled bays as you drive in are full and the artic is there delivering...disabled people cant get to the other disabled bays and pay machine...quite wrong really considering theres more accessible non disabled bays that aren't blocked by the loading lorry hello ftdave - yes when we realised we had to pay and realised we didnt have any coins or any coins in the car ashtray for the machine we left... it may have taken  more minutes than an able bodied person because i cant move as fast as i used to because of my arthritis
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Jam Rolly Polly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yup, winter is on its way but it is not all bad as i thought id try out a winter pudding.

So out came the pinny this afternoon and set about making a jam Rolly Polly and i must say myself it was yummmmmm.

Only thing is what next hmmmmm tricle pudding maybe.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

The secret of a good treacle sponge pudding is plenty of syrup and plenty of custard!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Right that's it Rooster and Jan has me drooling at the mouth so treacle pud it is tomorrow with irish stew and PF's home-made dumplings.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Ive got the big soup pan out just now, and Im currently making a big pot of lentil soup with a proper smoked hough!

Dont know about anyone else in the country but my OH had to de-ice the windscreen this morning!:eek:

Rained nearly all day here in the south first rain we have had in a long time, Mazbck I can imagine Scotland always gets colder first I used to be a trucker and delivered to Scotland a lot the snow on the hills was quiet a sight for a southerner

Ive got the big soup pan out just now, and Im currently making a big pot of lentil soup with a proper smoked hough!

I'm on my way! Save me some!;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Went to Highlands once in December for a 4 day dogwalking break and the snowy mountains blew me away. Gorgeous scenery. Dog then was a spaniel, he was snuffling around in the grass and suddenly realised how close he was to a stag, it was so tall he hadn't seen it - he was terrified, never seen him run so fast.

lol Jan, but yes Scotland is a beautiful place when ever I drive to Edinburgh I always use the A7 Rather than the M74 as the scenery is so much nicer and it keeps me awake !!!!!!!! watching the samon jump out and beach on the banks is an awesome sight.

Mmmm your making me hungry. I love any puds. In fact I would sooner eat a pud than a dinner. That's why I need to get to weight watchers!!!

Enjoy your treacle pud PF:)

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Mmmm your making me hungry. I love any puds. In fact I would sooner eat a pud than a dinner. That's why I need to get to weight watchers!!!

Enjoy your treacle pud PF:)

spotted dick please!!:D

or bread and butter pudding?:)

or just the treacle pud?:)

or all three together:p

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

That's why I need to get to weight watchers!!!

No just eat what you want and be happy as you are.

All this -rap about this and that is bad is just a load of -ull.

PF

I never have room for puddings, I am as big as a house anyway so perhaps it is a good job. Not bothered about my size though, one of my nephews dropped dead at 46 and he was a fitness fanatic and my slim sister who never drank alcohol or smoked died of pancreatic cancer in May.

good on u hilary we are not to be judged but accepted as we are as that is what makes the world such a diversating place it is good luck to u

All the fuss about size really annoys me. Haven't got a clue what I weigh but I'm 5' 4" and a size 10 and when the nurse at my GP's did the BMI thing on me she said I was overweight! How irresponsible is that - no wonder people get anorexic.

And if they're basing their statistics on that test when they say half the population is overweight, then its total rubbish.

All the fuss about size really annoys me. Haven't got a clue what I weigh but I'm 5' 4" and a size 10 and when the nurse at my GP's did the BMI thing on me she said I was overweight! How irresponsible is that - no wonder people get anorexic.

I might have been a size 10 once but if ever I was, it's so long ago my brain just can't recall it :eek:

Now pf, I'm not too far from your neck of the woods & would happily volunteer to be your chief tester when it comes to roly poly, treacle sponge etc etc etc :D

Being born and brought up in Scotland (until my twenties) there's always a soup pot on in my house in the winter. I have to get friends who visit to bring me smoked ham ribs or hough to stock the freezer. We never have a chicken without making soup afterwards. Mmmmm.

Puddings? apple or rhubarb crumble with custard or cream

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

What I love best is to put a roast in the oven then take the dogs for a long walk whether it be wet or cold come back open the door to aromas of Roast beef have lunch about three then sleep infont of a log fire

thats Sundays during Nov, Dec Jan and feb what more could one want

Nothing like a plate of homemade Tattie soup or Cullen Skink with oatcakes!

As a fellow Aberdonian by birth, I quite agree about the homemade tattie soup but I have never tasted anyones quite like my dad used to make.

Now, a nice butterie with dairylea on the top or a Simmers butter biscuit with cheese would go down a treat here right now :smile:

Can't get Simmers butter biscuits on the south coast :(

WOW I was just typing my thoughts last night and did not realize that the thread would gather the momentum it has.

Well Done all.

PF