Transcom/Paragon

nell62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can you tell me if the legal quote from Arrow is true or just a bluff to frighten me?...

and to note that arrow global is entitled to process the data and does so in a lawful manner....i am indebted to the company and appropriate notice has been given to me....pursuant to the law property act 1925...and the data is processed as a consequence of the above for lawful purposses..

Hi Guys

regarding paragon and arrow.......should i send paragon a letter asking for at least a letter of assignment like you said 42man....they should have at least some data on me there...also

should i send SAR to arrow now to try and get the credit agreement of them?

they state in their letter that they are aware that i am waiting for a copy of the agreement.....does the 40 days still apply to them and when did it starat as i originally asked them for it 2yrs ago....but the letter i had from them last week stated that "due to the law propery act of 1925 i am still indebted to them"....but surely they have a duty to supply me with the data i have asked for within the timesclale by law....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I have had what is supposed to be an annual statement from Arrow...from october 2008 to sept 2009 with interest being added monthly ranging from £200 in october to £98.89 in april this year!

1.as i asked for a copy of the agreement in nov 2007 and did'nt receive anything until this statement yrs later.......how can they add all this interest?.....it states thatthe interest added was at 7.00%

2.can anyone please advice me on how to get a copy of the original statement ....should i try paragon again.....send Arrow a subject access request

please please any advice will be very much appreciated...both my husband and myself are worried out of our minds ...and the debt just keeps going up and up ...with no proper response from these sharks!!

kind regards

Nell

Had a read of your thread and they certainly have messed you about. I don't honestly think there is anything you ought to be doing at the moment. The ball is firmly in their court. If you have stopped paying they need to decide what to do next. I firmly believe that ignoring DCA's until they issue legal proceedings is the best policy. If they do issue you will have lots you can do and the first thing will be a CPR for a copy of the original CCA which they obviously don't have. Then there are other things like default notices and notice of assignment. From what I can see they won't have a leg to stand on. No doubt this will flair up at some time but until it does I'd be ignoring them. You've already seen what knob heads these DCA's are so why bombard them with paperwork which they don't understand or choose to ignore. Your requests for CCA and other stuff can be easily fobbed off but if they try fobbing of a CPR they are in trouble because it will bring their case tumbling down.

Thank you twofoot......seems like a good plan to me.....like you say....i do'nt really have anything to go on yet....they hav'nt started harrasing me YET!!!!.....but am sure they will soon.....what joy....ca'nt wait....(not)

will let you know when it all kicks off

thanks agian..

Nell

Hi.....Can anyone give me any advice

My husband has been asked if he would be interested in re-locating with his work later next year....we do'nt know where yet....but could be maybe france or the states....he is concerned that we woul'dnt be able to leave the country because of this debt hanging over us!!!!....has anyone any ideas regarding the situation

thanks...Nell

Hi Big Bother,

It is Nell's thread! :D

I've had another read of this thread, and I find the situation extraordinary. Paragoon are blatantly refusing to comply with Data Protection laws, and we simply don't know why. Arrowgant are not exactly in a great position either, having said that will request a copy of the agreement from the original creditor two years ago. The original creditor is Paragoon, who apparently don't have any paperwork.

Paragoon are claiming, according to the letter in post #24, that the paperwork was all given to Arrowgant. Whatever the truth is, it is quite clear that no-one has any paperwork with which to cause trouble at this time.

Although you have every right to complain to the Information Commissioner about Paragoon's refusal to comply with the Data Protection Act, or even to take the matter to court, it is probably better not to at this stage. It might just make somebody look harder for what you don't want them to find.

I am not an expert on immigration law, but I do know that all EU citizens have the right to reside in any member country. Even a criminal record does not affect this, never mind an unenforceable alleged debt with no paperwork to even prove that it exists. The USA is different, and has strict immigration laws. It is not easy to get into. If your husband has a skilled profession which means he can do the work which an American citizen cannot do, he should get the visa.

America has laws banning the entry of criminals who have committed crimes involving serious moral turpitude, but an unprovable civil debt is not even going to show up, never mind matter.

I believe it is possible for debts to be enforced within the EU, but again I am not an international planning expert. Certainly, this alleged debt cannot be forced anywhere unless somebody can find some paperwork. Even if the rogue agreement did show up, where is the information which would allow anyone to calculate the proper balance?

I personally would ignore Arrowgant as long as they stay in default of your CCA request. Don't poke them or they might just find something.

Start preparing for your overseas adventure. If it happens, stay in touch through this thread and show us a picture of where you end up living. It is always great to see CAG members moving forward into a better life.

All the best,

SH

Thank you for the advice....some one here ALWAYS makes me feel calmer with one of their replies.....is really good to talk this crap over with somebody who does'nt make you feel as if this is all your fault...

thanks guys...XXX

• 2 years later...

Hello

After waiting 2 and a half years for a reply to asking for a copy of my original agreement i sent to transcon / arrow....the only correspondance i have had from them was a yearly statement of my acc....I have had a letter today!!!!!!....saying that they have completed a review of my acc and have decided to remove all the interest that was applied since arrow took over the debt.....( which was £98.00!!!!!...big of them...)....and my balance is still £17,112.46...and i need to contact some co called...wescot credit services....i still had not had any copies of my original agreement or a breakdown of the interest that i incured while with paragon....

Right what i need now is some advice on what to do now nearly 3 yrs later....

should i contact them?....

has the law changed?....

can they enforce this debt now?....

suddenly feel really sick again....had forgotton what this felt like...."sigh"...

I hope someone can help me...

thanking you all..

Nell..