PUZZLE - Cities and Countries

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, I was going to leave it at a Monopoly Quiz, Book Quiz and Movie Quiz, but people seem to be enjoying these, and I've had a few PMs asking (demanding!) another. I'm still in a puzzling frame of mind (my usual state), so here's an easy one I've just knocked up.

Some guidelines:

1) This quiz contains 20 cryptic clues that refer to capitals (be they actual cities or otherwise)

2) Each clue refers only to the capitals of independant countries, so you have a pool of roughly 195 to choose from

3) No clue refers to the country the capital is in, only the capital itself

4) The clues may be puns, homonyms, homophones, or any other sneaky tricks I've thrown in. Some are obvious, some less so

5) All countries in the quiz have only 1 clear capital (many countries have multiple legislative/adminsitrative centres or have capitals in dispute)

Whilst it is the name of the capital you have to get, feel free to list the country as well. All clear? Right:

01 - We shout at that lonely Star Wars character to get on with building towers. (Hanoi, Vietnam - solved by locutus)

02 - A large recepticle, a small receptical; they're both urban. (Vatican City, Vatican City - solved by nowayjose)

03 - The primary leader loves Batman's home, but not Spider-Man's. (Washington DC, USA - solved by locutus)

04 - No storks needed; this Boy was sent by Post. (Male, Maldives - solved by nowayjose)

05 - By Gad! He loves the place and it's his favourite hobby! (Bangkok, Thailand - solved by nowayjose)

06 - Jagger's lot get none, especially around a reversing cooking dish (Moscow, Russia - solved by locutus)

07 - Musical or utilitarian, either way that tool is sure combative (Warsaw, Poland - solved by locutus)

08 - Whew! This monarch is heavy! (Kingston, Jamaica - solved by woody1066)

09 - Howl away, you'll never change. Perhaps the name and base of a tree might help..? (Beirut, Lebanon - solved by Maggie_moo)

10 - To walk, to ramble, to meander; so many synonyms... (Rome, Italy - solved by nowayjose)

11 - Damn that Icon is annoying! (Budapest, Hungary - solved by nowayjose)

12 - The place down under is going down under! (Helsinki, Finland - solved by Maggie_moo)

13 - I have the receptical, my father (Baghdad, Iraq - solved by woody1066)

14 - Thankfully, I am able to withstand the presence of that woman! (Canberra, Australia - solved by nowayjose)

15 - You want to bind? Hand over the cash first (TaiPei, Taiwan- solved by woody1066)

16 - Take a look at this house. Or perhaps the Markets will help..? (Stockholm, Sweden - solved by nowayjose)

17 - Arson! (Bern, Switzerland - solved by nowayjose)

18 - To lose one's own insanity, perhaps? (Madrid, Spain - solved by nowayjose)

19 - Make melody or rat out your companions, either way, you're far from wealthy.. (Singapore, Singapore - solved by woody1066)

20 - This national hero is pointless in the dry... (Wellington, New Zealand - solved by Maggie_moo)

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

20 wellington - New Zealand

2 late :lol:

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

06 Moscow - Russia

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

01 Hanoi

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

04 Malabo?

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

03 Washington DC

to

C.A.G. Toolbar