Ccj Problem Confused Please Help !!!!

yousef1973
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I GOT A BLUE COUNTY COURT FORMS TELLING ME I OWE SOME MONEY TO SOMEONE CALLED ERNEST WILSON, SO I RANG THEM AND ASKED THEM WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT. THEY SAID ITS FOR ADVERTISING A SHOP FOR SALE.

I SAID THIS IS LOAD OF RUBBISH, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS, NEVER HAD A SHOP OF ADVERTISED THROUGH YOU.

THEY THEN TOLD ME TO SEND THE FORM BACK TO RETURN ADDRESS, WHICH WAS SOME COURT IN BRADFORD.

FEW DAYS AGO I RECEIVED ANOTHER LETTER OPENED IT UP, AGAIN REGARDING THE SAME MATTER, A WHITE LETTER LOOKS LIKE FROM COURT STAMPED WITH MORE CHARGES AND I THINK IT SAID ON TOP.

COUNTY COURT JUDGEMENT...SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

SO I SENT IT BACK AGAIN ..THE RETURN ADDRESS ON ENVELOPE.

TODAY I GOT A YELLO ENVELOPE, FROM SOME AGENCY, HOW TO AVOID A CCJ ID XXXXX. I CAN RING THEM IF I NEED ANY HELP.

AM NOT SURE WHAT ALL THIS IS, YET THE FORM IS ON MY NAME AND MY ADDRESS.

COULD IT BE SOMEONE ADVERTISED SOME PROPERTY WITH THESE AGENTS AND JUST GAVE MY NAME AND ADDRESS???

I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THIS, SO THEY HAVE NO PAPER WORK..WELL NOT FROM ME THEY DONT.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVICE ME WHAT IS THIS AND WHAT SHOULD I DO, OR DO I JUST KEEP SENDING THEM BACK??

WILL SOMEONE TURN UP AT MY DOOR STEP???

PLEASE HELP:mad:

Have you got any of the details? Did you take copies of anything?

Contact the court by phone and ask them for copies of everything.

Secondly write a letter to the judge, point out everything which has happened including the calls you made and what you were advised to do.

Tell the judge tht you have no knowledge of any shop or advertising and that there is a serious erro.

Mark the letter urgent and also put "urgent" on the envelope and send it to the court recorded.

Fax a copy to the court of you can.

Contact the claimant and ask them what is going on. If you do this on the phone, you must record the call.

Don't worry yousef, you've come to the right place for help.

The courts can still locate your file even without a reference number. All they need is your name and address. I'm not sure if they can supply you all your personal data free of charge, but if they don't, you could apply for your personal data under the Data Protection Act. This is called a Subject Access Request and costs £10.

The address of Bradford court is:

Bradford Law Courts

Exchange Square

Drake Street

Bradford West Yorkshire

England

BD1 1JA

You could also check the details of the CCJ with a company called Registry Trust, which maintain the register of county court judgments. You could apply online and you would get your CCJ details instantly, but it would cost you £8.

Thanks For That

Can You Please Just Advice Me Of Few Things.

1..does That Mean Ccj Has Been Already Registered, If So What Happens Next...bailiffs Or Soemthing Else.

2..when I Write Or Ring The Court, What Do I Ask For.

3..does That Mean I Have To Apply To Get The Ccj Off.

4..will Bailiffs Turn Up At The House, If So What Do I Do.

The Main Problem I Have Now Is That I No Longer Live At That Address, I Moved Out About 8 Months Ago, I Just Sometime Go To Pick Up Mail.

Hello again,

1. In your first post you said you received the 2nd letter which says "County Court Judgment" on top - I assume that means that the CCJ is registered.

2. Explain to them your situation, that you have sent back the letters and you have no copy of them and no reference number. Worst comes to the worst, if they can't find your details, you can send an SAR to the courts.

3. Yes you can apply to set aside the CCJ - the creditor has to prove that it was your shop that was advertised for sale - but if you don't own the property (which can be checked via the Land Registry) then it will be hard for them to prove that you were the one who listed the shop with them.

Also, have you considered sending a SAR to Ernest Wilson, to see what personal data they have from you? This might help.

4. Bailifs won't turn up without notice. They have to send a letter first giving you time to pay up before visiting. Also if the amount of the CCJ is less than £600 I don't think they can send bailifs. More information is available from the following link:

Warrant of execution

If you have moved address, then the creditor may trace you to your new address. If you've made any applications for credit etc, or you've checked your credit file at any time at your new address, they would have asked for your previous address and then a link would be created.

Hope this helps.

Its best to give them a call first, they might be able to help you sort out your problem.

Telephone numbers for Bradford Combined Court:

General Contacts Switchboard

01274 840274

General Fax

01274 840275

Contacts A P Marshall

Court Manager

01274 843502

Mark Deegan

County Court Manager

Please see General Contacts

Mr C. Stocks

Bailiff Manager

01274 840274

Bailiff enquiries

01274 843557

Bailiff Fax

01274 843557

Mrs G. Wightman

Customer Service

01274 840274

Case progression enquiries

01274 843512

Mrs A. Kenyon

Listing Officer

01274 840274

Kath Wilson

Witness Service

01274 840274

Mrs R. Delikanli

Jury Officer

01274 840274

i spoke to ernest wilson today, they told me about the debt in my name and my address

i told him it was not me, he was being clever saying go through court to sort it, as the idiots have applied for a charging order...confirmed by court.

after a bit of arguing, he asked me to send my driving licence copy and if the signiture matches...debt stands, if not they will think about.

so i told him, never mind a copy i will bring it into the office with the licence and tae it from there.

what do you think.

Went To Ernest Wilson Today.

Had A Look At The Paper Work They Have

They Have Nothing, Just A Form With A Signiture,,,,not Mine.

So We Matched It With My Driving Licence, No Match.

Telephone Number Was Not Mine.

And They Had Nothing Else.

So I Asked Him To Get The Judgment Sorted.

So He Took A Picture Of The Licence With His Mobile, And Said He Will Show The Picture To The Surveyor, If He Says This Was The Guy..me Then We Will Take It From Their.

If Not, They Will Then Write To Court And Call It A Day.

Ps I Did Not Let Him Take A Photcopy So He Used His Mobile Instead.

Also If These Guys Try To Say The Picture They Took Of My License Is From Original Date When Shop Advertised, Over Year Ago...i Will Have Them Again, As My Licence Is New Only Received 2 Months Ago...before That I Had A Paper Licence..old Style.

If These Boys Play A Clever One Say, We Are Still Claiming, Should I File For Set Aside The Ccj As They Have Nothing...these Jokers Have Known To Be Idiots.

Well, it's your claim, so it's up to you.

If it were me, I'd want to clear my name, ASAP

Yes, you can do this with their agreement (actually, it's called "consent") but at this moment in time you have a CCJ against you and they are seeking enforcement. Taking appropriate action, now, to correct the situation seems extremely appropriate to me. ;)

still no response ernest wilson.

but i sent the set aside the judgement form off today recorded delivery.

can someone explain to me whats happens next, obviously i will get a hearing at my local court...is that correct,

who will be there, will i need representation etc.

thanks

Can someone explain to me whats happens when I attend theset aside ccj hearing. Who will be there, will the decision be made there and then.

Is there any additional costs involved.

PLease adviced needed urgently!!!

My memory of my Set Aside was turning up at Court in plenty of time, reporting to an Usher/Clerk and advised to wait until called. When called both self and Claimant shown into a Court room - in reality a very large office with a District Judge presiding. I found it very informal and my DJ was prepared to listen - the Claimant proceeded to be both arrogant and disrespectful to the DJ and was firmly put in his place, needless to say we won. A very enlightening experience but not one I'd like to repeat again.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]