Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


hacksaw last won the day on October 23 2015

hacksaw had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

51 Excellent

About hacksaw

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. I have contacted the credit reference agency Noddle (CallCredit) twice about credit card lenders incorrectly placing a Minimum Payment Marker on my credit report with them. The lenders are Co-op Bank and Aqua. I have made payments that were marginally above (e.g. £1) the minimum payment with both lenders. I filed a dispute with Noddle. Both lenders have refused to correct the data. When contacting both, they both deny responsibility and say that they have no control over how Noddle displays the data. Co-op Bank even said that this means that I didn't make a full payment but mad
  2. Please have a look at HMRC's Property Income Manual: https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/property-income-manual/pim2210
  3. I've noticed on previous occasions that Fredrickson tend to leave out interest that HMRC charge on the debt when demanding payment, so that maybe one of the reasons why the amounts are different.
  4. You will need to calculate periods of residence on a monthly basis. If the property was your Principal Private Residence (PPR) at some time, then the last 36 months will be deemed to be a period of residence. You will then need to apportion the period of residence/ownership. I assume that the garden is smaller than half a hectare and that there is no business use (letting is not generally considered business use). There may be also be deemed residence, but that will depend on your circumstances. Note that Husband and wife can only have one PPR between them. You may also deduct impro
  5. Take a look at Marriage Allowance - it might save your partner £212 per year: https://www.gov.uk/marriage-allowance-guide/how-it-works
  6. I popped in to a Metro Bank branch in South London recently to open a business instant access deposit account. Their website says "No Metro Bank Business current account is required." They tried to sell me their business current account, which is not free unless you have more than £5,000. When I refused, they asked me why I wanted an instant access account, and I told them that I just want a basic account. They said that you cannot make an online transfer out unless you have another Metro bank account, so I opened a personal current account, and I was accepted for that, but
  7. Many thanks for your response. I think I was worrying for nothing - it does look like that they are not sending the item as I haven't received a response from the seller. Thanks again.
  8. Has anyone come across a case where a claim was made against a company for a debt that is over 6 years old who acknowledged the debt in their accounts, and not by writing to the creditor? I'm referring to a post on another forum (Accounting Web): http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyanswers/question/client-not-paying?page=1#comment-653977 (Apologies to mods if this isn't allowed) You don't need to read the full thread - just this post. The person posting said (s)he doesn't remember the case name, and I tried searching this forum but I couldn't find anything. Many tha
  9. Hi everyone, I bought an item from a Play.com seller (Playtrade) around mid-February for about £30 (an office machine). The Playtrade seller said he despatched the item the same day I ordered it but it turned out to be false. I contacted the seller several times by email and no reply. I filed a Missing Item Claim and a Fairplay Guarantee Claim but Play.com didn't reply to the latter. So I filed a chargeback with my credit card company (Capital One) and they refunded me the money. Today I received a letter from Capital One saying that they will give the seller 45 days to resol
  10. An incorrectly issued default notice could be in breach of the Data Protection Act. Have a look at my thread where I tried to sue a debt collector, although I accepted early settlement. Obviously I can't guarantee it will work for you, but you could try something similar, if you want to.
  11. Are any of these betting companies financial spread betting by any chance? I have experience of dealing with these companies...
  12. Maybe make a Subject Access Request (SAR) under the Data Protection Act (costs 10 pounds).
  13. I just called the Police to report criminal damage to my car (mirror) done by teenage hooligan cyclists. They said that it was a Road Traffic Incident and not criminal damage! How could this be - that means that cyclists can DELIBERATELY damage a car and get away with it!
  14. OK I found the terms and conditions on their website (the latest ones) but not the original ones when I opened the account. From this I found the following that could be relevant to my case: My first sterling business account which I opened several years ago was closed in late January 2005. Could someone please confirm whether or not this overdraft is statute barred, or do I have to wait 6 years after the formal demand for repayment, when it is issued? Thanks.
  • Create New...