bt and broadband any help please

craig8661
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this is the articule that i have been searching for weeks.

based in larne so adding info before you read.

our anolog copper cable box is next to the fibure optic box.

there is rufly 35 houses on our street that want broadband.

what im wondering is we just get abouve dial up speeds on broadband as on maximun limit on copper cable.

is there any one we can contact in bt to see if we can pleed our case over to see wether they could move the housholds over to the fibre optic broadband. on our street were all sick of paying top notch for so little. yet housing estate is getting around 10+mb.

we dont mind paying for reconection etc but is there any one we can contact .

this is the article to fill you in.

also when asked two years ago our street was sopposed to be ear marked to go into the trials.

BT in fibre to the street cabinet trials

Monday 12 September 2005 15:02:00 by Andrew Ferguson

For those who have no access to broadband todays press release from the BT Group offers some hope. BT Wholesale is to run a number of trials that will see DSLAMs installed in the street cabinet or adjacent to an existing cabinet. This DSLAM would then be connected back to the exchange using fibre optic cable, giving rise to the name of FTTC, fibre to the cabinet, sometimes also called FTTK, fibre to the kerb.

The trials are focused on areas where broadband availability has remained an issue even with the relaxation of the limits on the 0.5Mbps service, which amounts to around 0.2% of BT's customers. The trials are set to run through until the summer of 2006, so will not provide a magic overnight solution, but are intended to assess the technical, operational and commercial feasibility of FTTC for both current broadband services and future roll-outs.

Four locations have being selected for the trial in South Yorkshire and five in Northern Ireland, and work should start in the coming weeks. Some customers who can already get ADSL may be chosen for the trial, and others with no ADSL access chosen to allow for a mix of test environments. In Yorkshire the places involved are in Wheatley Hill and Intake, Doncaster; Great Houghton and Dodworth, Barnsley; and Catcliffe, Treeton and Brinsworth in Rotherham. In Northern Ireland trial locations are in Larne; the Annaghmore area of Portadown; Glenavy area Crumlin, Co Antrim; Greencastle area, Gortin, Co Tyrone; and the Balmoral area of Belfast.

BT telephone customers who are having problems getting ADSL due to the use of fibre between their street cabinet and the exchange currently, in the guise of TPON will be interested in another trial set to start in December 2005. This trial will be using a similar technical approach, and will be used to get broadband to a number of trialists in the Charlton Down area of Dorchester, Dorset, and the Kingswells area of Aberdeen.

We must emphasis the trial nature of these services, BT will be identifying suitable trialists in the selected locations so do not go chasing individual service providers. As and when more information appears we will publish it. There is a real chance that the trials may not develop into something that is commercially deployed en-masse, this is the nature of a trial.

On the subject of areas with TPON based telephone lines, the copper overlay programme has made it into the news. This programme was started back in October 2003, and a fair amount of progress has been made. While not all TPON lines have copper available for ADSL, a good proportion now do. Where people are unsure of the state of roll-out of the copper overlay in their area, and their service provider is unable or unwilling to expend the effort to check the progress we can do some checking for people.

Edited by craig8661

SamKnows Broadband - Availability - Exchange Search That should tell you a bit about your exchange, and when it's going to move over to 21cn.

I doubt thats gonna make much diference to the speed, but maybe.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/199136-bt-exec-management-contact.html

That is contact info for BT. See if they can help.

Also the government's Digital Britain Report promised a broadband connection of at least 2 Mbps for all within the next few years.

Edited by locutus

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

i saw that last night the date they say is march 2010 but with what i have read on google its still a waste of time for us as where on the very end of a 7 mile line where the very last house on our street to get broadband. with what i had read that will only benifit people closer to the exchange rather than further away.

also all the copper phone lines have been cut and joined so many times up here it baffles me on how the lines still work.

I'm in a similar boat. Lets just hope that BT rolls out the 2meg broadband that they're s'posed to.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi craig noticed your post about the crap BB if you live any sorta length from your exchange...im also connected to Larne,although i live in Magheramorne,and am sick of paying ££££ for a really awful speed(ok better than dial up:D)Was shocked to find out to-day(although not sure if its true that several of my neighbours are connected to this fibre box...and would love to also know if its possible to get in on the act...or have to wait another 3 years or so for the technology to finally reach me.Are you in the sticks as well then??:p

TEL.

Also the government's Digital Britain Report promised a broadband connection of at least 2 Mbps for all within the next few years.

At the slow rate BB is advancing at the moment I cant see that happening.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

well one thing as speaking with tel42a today one house on our rural street is on the fibur optic broadband we just have to find out if its still active also i do a few gardens on the little estate thats on it and will ask them on there. i think we should also ask people on our steet who has broadband and whats there average connection speed and see if we could preswade bt to upgrade us.

hi there pm sent to you im in Magheramorne but allways say larne as far easyer to type

Who's your isp at the mo?Just ditched sky to-day as the 10gig a month was a joke and they wouldn't upgrade me to unlimited:mad:Joined xilo to-day fixed 512 but 50 gig a month for £20 notes a month plus point its a monthly contract....is everybody down in craigstown on bloomin 10meg lines lol:eek::eek:while we languish on 512!!!!

where with o2 our contract is up for renewal but think where just going to run it month by month until we decide to get rid.

im led to belive by the enginere that sorted our other house out further down the street that craigstown was on the fibure optic. im going to have to chat to them to see if any kno exactly what there on.

if you get 512 your doing better than us but you may have just given us a argument to get our line sorted as your further down the line than us.

also i probly like you would be happy to get 2mb broadband or even over 1mb. i just am starting to feel that bt are ripping every one of on our street i kno rural areas its to be expected but when the tecnoligy is right there why dont they just use it.

im hopeing if we moan enouth or make enouth noise that bt will do something for belive me if they dont as soon as one of them mobile dongles can get signal where gone from fixed line and a broaband to the 3g.

If you do try a dongle, Take it up over the internet. You get a cooling off period of 7 days so you can make sure it's up to the job.

The usage and the speed of these things is getting better and better. Vodafone is rolling out 14 meg broadband on theirs!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

hi there i brought one on 3 pay as you go was £10 inlcuding delivery thought it was still handy for that price for on holiday.

we can get signal in the front field for itbut not in the house was looking at buying a arial to plug into the dongle but was expencive and really not worth the risk

well after speaking to some one that was on the trial it has finished a while back he had asked them if he could still use the line but bt said no.

the line is still burried in the road and to the box but bt has put every one back on the copper line.

bt said they are not going to instal the fibur optic line anywhere as its allready out dated (funny that to say virgin use it).

i am really feeling shafted by bt and so does a lot of other people.

i feel now that we should be begging the mobile network providers to upgrade our area to 3g then bt will loose most of its costomers up here.

Have you tried all the mobile networks? 3, t-mobile, Vodafone, o2 and orange.

They all have an online checker, and if you buy online you can return it within 7 days if not suitable.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar