How long for a decision ?

jailbird
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Like many other people I have had to complete a new assessment form for IS. I also receive DLA - High Mobility, Middle Care. I completed the said forms and sent them back some 6 weeks ago but have heard nothing since. I am on quite high doses of morphine at times and inject a cancer drug weekly along with a long list of other medications.

Will I have to be seen by one of their Doctors ? If so, when will I hear from them ? Or do you think they will accecpt my statement and completed form ?

Many thanks

JB

Oh, IB, not IS!!! (We'll get there, lol)

I would have thought that with your diagnosis, it's unlikely they'd decide to get you to see a Dr, but what do I know? :rolleyes:

Either way, they also work at their own snail pace. When my friend's son lost his IB, it took them about 3 months just to set the Dr's appointment for the appeal, (that was in February) and he got the decision to reinstate it months later, and to date, he STILL hasn't had the whole of the money backdated.

What I am trying to say is that as well as the morphine and the cancer drug, you are going to need large doses of patience just to keep you going with that lot. ;-)

No truer words were ever spoken Bookie ! and patience is something I do not have a lot of these days. I could start an arguement in an empty room !

Having thought about it, it is IS......think the mind is going as well :D

Oh well I could do with a fight if they decide I am fit enough to work. All I will say is 'bring it on' !

I think there are a lot of other people they need to look at before me and your friends son but that is another story and I have had too many posts deleted lately............I am trying to keep my head down :rolleyes:

Thanks again

JB

Oh... IS, I don't know, hun, sorry. I am glad to say I haven't had to deal with that lot for many years and that is probably responsible for my blood pressure going down faster than ever. ;-)

You could try giving your local office a call and see if they can give you an idea of their timescales.

The indicator of delay for IS cases is two months.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would update this thread.

I received a letter on Friday morning to say that I had scored high on my points (?) and that I would not have to complete any more forms until 2012. My benefits will continue until that time.

Thank god for that but I would have taken it further if they had failed me.

Many thanks once again for the help.

JB:D

Thanks chuck I am glad it has turned out like this and I don't have to fight again for what I am entitled to. Sometimes you just don't have the fight in you and that is how I feel right now so thank god someone was watching over me for once.

JB:D