Aktiv Kapital (uk) Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone Hope You Are All Well.?

I Joined Today.

Last Week I Received A Letter From Aktiv Kapital Addressed To Me

By Name Asking If They Have The Right Address For My Name And If I

Am That Person To Contact Them. I Did Not Do So.

Today I Received Another Letter From Them Different Headed Paper

Same Compant Requesting Validation Of Details We Hold For You.

I Looked Them Up On The Internet So I Know Basically They Are Debt

Collectors.

Any Suggestions From Anyone.

I Had A Quadruple Bypass In 90's And A Side Affect Was Severe Depression I Lost My Job ,home And Was Made Bankrupt In 1999.

I Have Since Not 1997 Bought Anything Or Had Any Loans So This

Or Anything Like Know Worries Due To My Depression Even Though

I Know I Have No Debts After 1999 My Mind Isnt Always Logical.

Sorry This Is A Bit Long Winded.

Do not respond to these paras*ites. Keep their letters and come back here if they send you any begging letters looking for money.

They are only a DCA and have no LEGAL powers. You do not have to reply to them.

Hi Lilianmay,

Welcome to CAG :)

Sorry to hear about your problems.

As PGH so rightly says, it's just a phishing trip which can be ignored .

Even if by a long shot they had come up with a forgotten debt which hadn't been covered by your bankruptcy, then by now it would be Statute Barred as its longer than 6 years since.

Come here anytime if there's any more help you need, or if they start pestering you again.

Remember too, if anyone tries to contact you on the phone about it DO NOT discuss it on the phone.

Don't waste any precious time worrying about it :)

Take care,

Elsa xx

Lilianmay, do not worry! You're anxiety is understandable, having been through the mill with a bankruptcy and your health problems.

It's different now though...people are much more aware of their rights, and are telling these rogue debt collectors where to get off.

We'll help you through every step of the way. There's nothing to fear from these people .

Take care and any time you need help or just to chat for reassurance, come here :)

Elsa x

Phone them up and a laugh with them,I've had the same letters relating to a debt from 1997,they admitted that they could not take me to court as its statute barred but apparently they have other "methods" to collect the debt.....don't be afraid of these c***s,they're just trying their luck

Did they actually put in writing that they have ''other methods'' of collecting SB debt. Im sure the OFT would be interested to hear what these methods are

Did they actually put in writing that they have ''other methods'' of collecting SB debt. Im sure the OFT would be interested to hear what these methods are

No,spoke to AK's Craig this morning on the phone,I did ask him to elaborate on what these other "methods" were but he said that it wasn't his call and would be passed on to someone else,I did point out thay as they couldn't legally force me to pay then the only other way must be illegal,he declined to comment.

Hi Lilianmay,

First of all love and hugs to you. I know what depression is like having suffered from it in the past and now suffering from OCD. It helps typing away on this forum to control the OCD!

Now please ignore Activ Kapital (any company that doesn't use proper english in it's company name should be laughed at!)! They chase me for a debt that I didn't owe and I refused again and again to pay it and disputed it at every level.

Eventually they wrote it off due to my perseverence so if you need help in the future please contact me. :D

Don't ever phone them as they try to run rings round people. Just ignore them!

If you say that you haven't borrowed anything since 1999 any debt that you are now chased for is statute barred.

Take care

Katpuss

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

Now please ignore Activ Kapital (any company that doesn't use proper english in it's company name should be laughed at!)!

The DCAs really do come up with grandiose sounding but in reality totally meaningless names.

Intrum Justitia WTF

Robbinscum Way

Crapquest

Crapbot

Westcrap

Moorcrap

The list just goes on

The DCAs really do come up with grandiose sounding but in reality totally meaningless names.

Intrum Justitia WTF

Robbinscum Way

capquest

Crapbot

Westcrap

moorcroft

The list just goes on

Like FIRE... (cant remember who there akin to, but rediculous name)... Implies you will get burnt - i prefer to think, u can p1ss on em to get rid of them...

I have had dealings with Intrum in the past and to be honest, they seem to be toward the bottom of the food chain. With me, they pressured me into payments, then tried to up the payments, then offered me an F&F figure. When i refused to make any further payment until they prove the debt, they disapeared...

Edited by pete2k8

I ignored AK completely and they eventually "gave up" and were replaced by Thames Credit. I say "gave up" because TC are actually part of AK, although not, it seems, in the same way that FIRE are nothing more than a different letterhead used in West Malling.

TC eventually really did give up ( after a long time and a lot of letters).

Then up popped BCW, who disappeared after only 3 months of ignorage.

After that it was ScotCall, who also seem to have no stamina.

----

On the subject of fake DCAs, I found it interesting that all my letters from FIRE were apparently from a FIona REeves. LOL.