£400 for clamp removal..........

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest lipupfatty
''' Hi Mate,

This is some advice for you and for the other readers.

From my personal experience...

I was clamped in London approx 2 weeks ago, the clamper demanded £300 plus.

What i did when he went away.

Got a hammer and broke off the clamp , snapped it off and took the clamp with me to teach them a lesson that not to mess.

Now i keep a cordless grinder, if needed by me or any of my freinds they can call me i will come and grind the clamp off.

Advice: do not negotiate with the clamper, do not talk with them as then they will stick around thinking you are going to pay them. Just ignore them when they go grind the clamp off.

But even if they do not go grind it off whilst they are their, they can not physically touch you as they will get done for harrasment.

If they try telling you that it is criminal damage you are causing, they are wrong and tell them that they broke the law by 'tresspassing on to your vehicle' also caused damage to your wheel by tightening the wheel clamp.

Every case that has gone into court for vehicle clamping the clampers have lost out and had to pay out to the victims.

These clampers can not touch your property as that is an offense.

So if they do you just grind the clamp off!!!!

dodgey javed i think your advice is flawed, and if followed could lead to someone being arrested

''' Hi Mate,

This is some advice for you and for the other readers.

From my personal experience...

I was clamped in London approx 2 weeks ago, the clamper demanded £300 plus.

What i did when he went away.

Got a hammer and broke off the clamp , snapped it off and took the clamp with me to teach them a lesson that not to mess.

Criminal damage and theft...?

Now i keep a cordless grinder, if needed by me or any of my freinds they can call me i will come and grind the clamp off.

Advice: do not negotiate with the clamper, do not talk with them as then they will stick around thinking you are going to pay them. Just ignore them when they go grind the clamp off.

But even if they do not go grind it off whilst they are their, they can not physically touch you as they will get done for harrasment.

Touching people has nothing to do with harrasment

If they try telling you that it is criminal damage you are causing, they are wrong and tell them that they broke the law by 'tresspassing on to your vehicle' also caused damage to your wheel by tightening the wheel clamp.

Sadly, clamping is a legitimate business, and damage to the clamp will be considered criminal damage. If you must cut it off, try to cut the padlock, as at least then you will have only damaged something of a lower value.

Every case that has gone into court for vehicle clamping the clampers have lost out and had to pay out to the victims.

No, the exact opposite happened in Arthur v Anker.

These clampers can not touch your property as that is an offense.

Sadly they can.

So if they do you just grind the clamp off!!!!

The likely fine for low value criminal damage would be a band A or B fine, which means 50 - 100% of your net weekly income, up to a maximum of £2,500.

Edited by Graham117

If they try telling you that it is criminal damage you are causing, they are wrong and tell them that they broke the law by 'tresspassing on to your vehicle' also caused damage to your wheel by tightening the wheel clamp
Sadly, clamping is a legitimate business, and damage to the clamp will be considered criminal damage. If you must cut it off, try to cut the padlock, as at least then you will have only damaged something of a lower value.
Clamping is a regulated business. If the clamping is not performed within the requirements laid down in law, then it remains unlawful.

If the clamping is unlawful, it becomes an act of criminal damage in itself (as defined by the CPS, in that it impairs the utility of the vehicle). Removing the clamp may not, therefore, be considered an act of criminal damage. The remover of the clamp would be entirely within their lawful right to then sue the clamper for the cost of removing the clamp.

Clamping is a regulated business. If the clamping is not performed within the requirements laid down in law, then it remains unlawful.

If the clamping is unlawful, it becomes an act of criminal damage in itself (as defined by the CPS, in that it impairs the utility of the vehicle). Removing the clamp may not, therefore, be considered an act of criminal damage. The remover of the clamp would be entirely within their lawful right to then sue the clamper for the cost of removing the clamp.

Very true, and I would agree that if the clamping is unlawful, cut the clamp off, as you won't convince the clampers that they shouldn't have clamped your car. However, the post above was advocated cutting the clamp off in ALL circumstances, which is not a good idea, and might land you in more trouble.