pumpy tums vs Natwest

pumpytums
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

this is my first proper post to CAG, I must say you are all an inspiration to myself.

I have an overdraft with Natwest of £5k+ I no longer use this account. I'm now starting to get repeated calls from Trident 5+ a day even after requesting writing communication only. I will shortly be sending them a letter to this effect.

I will shortly be CCA, SAR my other creditors. Something I should have done months ago.

Thanks all

Pumpytums

Edited by pumpytums

Hi everyone,

I think I have found the answer to my own question looking on various threads I should be able to get data back to 1995. The statements I have only go back to 2003 as I downloaded them. So I will be sending Natwest a SAR.

A quick question regard the postal order of £10 I need to send when I request one from the post office can I fill in the recipients name myself or does it have to be done in the post office? I have only ever used a postal order once and that was many years ago.

Thanks again

Pumpytums

They print these out for you now pt if you ask to have them crossed with NW name on them. Alternatively, you can ask to leave them blank. Personally I would have them crossed and write 'SAR request on A/c Number...' on the back of them.

Also, you'll find you have to pay a nominal fee on top of the £10.00

x:)x

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I have recently sent a SAR to Natwest with regards to get my statements back. They have written back stating that they only keep statements for 6 years before destroying them which to be frank is rubbish. Having read through ways of getting statements past the 6 year cutoff can anyone suggest ways of getting them?

I know for a fact that I have hundreds of pounds of charges in 2000-2001.

The info I have gleaned so far

1. Natwest changed its computer system in October 2002 can anyone confirm this?

2. RBS centrally keep the 6 years statements

3. By visiting your own branch people are able to get statement back to 1992 ReclaimUnfairCharges.com :: View topic - Statements beyond 6 years

4. Archive notes these appear to exist has anyone been successful in obtaining them?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/53877-natwest-data-protection-act.html

I haven't tried (3) or (4) yet as I have paid my SAR once, has anyone here managed to get past the 6 year barrier?

Thanks

Pumpytums

In answer to my own questions the following link may be useful to others

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/221855-natwest-issue-please-help.html

Information from another CAG member

"It's in the NatWest Archive, he needs to send a SAR and he has to specify he wants the Archive notes plus "Product History" notes as at the time they changed over computer systems which was October 2002. I am about 99.9% certain it would have details of that. "

Thanks

Pumpytums

In answer to my own questions the following link may be useful to others

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/221855-natwest-issue-please-help.html

Information from another CAG member

"It's in the NatWest Archive, he needs to send a SAR and he has to specify he wants the Archive notes plus "Product History" notes as at the time they changed over computer systems which was October 2002. I am about 99.9% certain it would have details of that. "

Thanks

Pumpytums

That was me, lol(was asked by Michael about that privately elsewhere). and the original information came from one of my old usernames which is "Nattie" the shortened version of NatWestStaffMemeber(my usual forum names on the forums).

Glad to see that nothing has changed :D

I knew that their policy was "officially" 10 years.

The old NatWest notes system did one thing that the RBS one does not do, every time there was a charge it put a note on the account(not sure on unarranged borrowing, however and there was not such thing as card misuse in those days) so the Archive notes themselves are sufficient to get the charges information.

One is a pro you know ;)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an update this week I have received my statements from when the account was terminated back to 1992, which was nice. The pre-2002 ish statements are on the A5 sized Natwest paper the post 2002-statements are on double sided A4. After the above help and a letter from Natwest I resent them my SAR specifically asking for Archive notes and Product history. This does work I have the statements I required.

Thanks again for everyones help :) now the fun starts.

Pumpytums

I now have my statements going back over 17 years, you need to specifically ask for "Archive Notes" and "Product History" in your SAR the data does exist and it can be obtained. Now the fun of going through 300+ sheets.

Pump tums

They shouldnt, but they will.

As for the 'advantage gold' its not much an advantage for you.

Do you remember signing anything to upgrade to this style account? It should have been detailed via your SAR, so if they havent supplied that little snippet its probably missold at the least or added without your permission. If you need a template letter, youre quite welcome to use mine, just look for my threads, if not I'll post it up for you. if they refuse, then you threaten court Its the same as Barclay Additions. Ive claimed mine back and got it in full.

Hi,

I have now calculated my charges going back to 1995 which is £1k+, I have also used the complex interest spreadsheet to calculate the interest charged on the penalties £500+.

Where do I go from here do I contact Natwest asking for the £1500+ I should qualify for the hardship track?

As I understand it the 8% cannot be added until a court claim is started is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Pumpytums

Edited by pumpytums

Yes the court will allow 8% but theres no harm in letting them know what youre going to claim for.

Go through the templates section, youre going to have to prove hardship to them, so get the first letters off, stating that yours is a hardship case and will be treated outside the High Court case.

Send them the spreadsheet and wait and see what they come up with

Hi Bazaar,

thanks for the reply, I don't really remember signing anything I think it was done over the phone. I believe it was the old well you use your overdraft every month so have all these extra shiny things that you won't use (Which I never have), I think they used to reduce OD interest a long time ago. (they used to charge £6 to use your overdraft for the privilege of charging interest on it):mad:

I will have a look at your thread, thanks :):)

Pumpytums

They shouldnt, but they will.

As for the 'advantage gold' its not much an advantage for you.

Do you remember signing anything to upgrade to this style account? It should have been detailed via your SAR, so if they havent supplied that little snippet its probably missold at the least or added without your permission. If you need a template letter, youre quite welcome to use mine, just look for my threads, if not I'll post it up for you. if they refuse, then you threaten court Its the same as Barclay Additions. Ive claimed mine back and got it in full.

Thanks again bazaar,

so far my SAR has yielded a mountain of statements, but not much else. I havent received my termination or default notice from the SAR, In fact I don't ever remember getting them but I did go through the denial and bin it phase. Something I'm glad to say I'm very much over:D:D.

The 8% makes it a very healthy £2k+ unfortunately my OD amount is £5k+

As the account is now terminated/defaulted do they have to send my the charges or does it get knocked of the default?

Pumpytums

Can someone tell me if the attached images is a default or a termination notice it came as part of my SAR if its a termination notice they havent sent me a default.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd74/pumpytums/nat1.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd74/pumpytums/nat2.jpg

Thanks

Pumpytums

Edited by pumpytums

Can somebody give me the address to send the preliminary charges letter please I'm trying for the hardship route which is true? Should I also use the same address for my advantage gold miss-sell?

Thanks for the tip Bazaar on the Advantage Gold miss-sell over £1000 paid for nothing, I will have that back too thank you very much. As predicted SAR showed nothing I think it was a telephone sell job, so no signature or record exists just the change in fees on the account.

Would it be OK to put them in separate letters in the same envelope? I know its tight but its an extra £1.14.

Thanks in advance

Pumpytums

Edited by pumpytums

Personally, I'd keep em seperate. Their head office address should be the one you write to.

Make sure you send recorded delivery, give them 14 days initially to deal with the matter.

Keep to your timeframe, not theirs.

you'll probably get initially some BS from them, but you can cut through that in your next letters.

Thanks Bazaar,

I think they are pretty stuffed all info is back from SAR (40days is up) and nothing about account upgrade. I've never used the "advantages" I think I tried a few times but nothing ever came of it eg phone insurance (no certificate of insurance received) warranty upgrade (item not eligible) blah blah blah etc.

Cheers again

Pumpytums

well without your signature to request it, they need to pay it back. They will try to say you requested it by phone. But stick to your guns.

If you need a template I can dig mine up for you if needed.

good luck

I think you should also look at the terms of the AG a/c , there is a small booklet and it is most interesting. They promise to do all sorts of things in Item F to further the relationship whereas they do nothing, this alone needs pondering over and I would expect you to have a good claim simply by claiming they did not fullfill this part of the contract.

regards

Ieuan

I think you should also look at the terms of the AG a/c , there is a small booklet and it is most interesting. They promise to do all sorts of things in Item F to further the relationship whereas they do nothing, this alone needs pondering over and I would expect you to have a good claim simply by claiming they did not fullfill this part of the contract.

regards

Ieuan

Thanks Ieuan would it be possible to scan and post it please?

Letters away today time will tell, we should be classed under the hardship case and if they pay the full amount (+8% at a latter date) it should sort Natwest out one less creditor to worry about. I'm more annoyed about my partners credit file we only ever put her on the account to pay a joint name cheque in worst mistake we made. Even If I had declared myself bankrupt they would have just come after her for the full amount which never seems fair 50% yes but not the full amount.

I think the one thing that stayed me to the course was the complete lack of anything human from Natwest. I've been with them for over 20 years. No calls (from Natwest offering help) just threatening letters, then more threatening letters/calls from moronic DCA's. Well at least I have an iron in the fire so to speak, if they don't pay up fine I file in court and the charges earn interest. In a few years they will equal the OD so bye bye Natwest.

Pumpytums

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I received my I&E form from Natwest on Monday, what are the chances that I will be accepted as a hardship case. I currently have no mortgage arrears etc I just have a small amount left for creditors, and of course about 5 defaults from them all.

If I don't get accepted as a hardship case and I file in court for my charges as the normal route can they take any further action? My charges and mis-selling with 8% probably take 85% of my OD they defaulted on. I'm currently making token payments to reduce the balance.

After all they shouldn't be able to have their cake and eat it, or would it simply be a counter claim?

Thanks in advance

Pumpytums