Club Class Concierge

Bradden
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My father in law recently signed up to "Club Class Concierge". The company offers members free holidays in return for paying for membership with a cashback scheme.

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of them. They seem to be a slick operation but I've a feeling that the deal is too good to be true.

Thanks

Edited by Bradden

Problem is he's a trusting type.. I'm not.

Looks like it's £1000 down the drain from what I've read. There's no cooling off period I've been told as he was upgrading from Sapphire to Platinum membership - and the money was paid through a marketing agency. It's all the same company but makes it much harder to get any money back.

Club concierge gold membership will cost once you sign up £95 annual membership plus the cost of organising short breaks, £69 per late break, membership gives you 1 7day holiday you still have your flights to pay for. It is timeshare by another name with no guarantee of how the membership cost will rise. There is a promise of money back but you also have to take a certain number of holidays. When they sit you down they tell you that they are not trying to sell you anything but at the end of the 3 hour lecture of how wonderful it all is they call their boss to do a deal you can't refuse, a one time offer, and they try to sell you the membership.

Edited by murdoch90
poor spelling

• 2 weeks later...

My father in law was offered a "free" upgrade to platinum membership.. although there was still a cost attached.. involving a Tesco loan which he would give to them and then pay tesco back. Of course he would get half the money back later under the cashback scheme operated by another company which just happens to have the same registered address. :p

We too got duped by this company. We have now been approached by Owners2Buyers who tell us they have a buyer for our 'deal' but we have to give them a credit card 'retainer' of £995.00 in order for them to produce the paperwork and complete the sale - the Credit card 'retainer' will then be paid back in full - in about 6 weeks. Anyone heard of these people?

Do not hand over any financial details. This type of firm is usually a [EDIT]. This type of so called firm are springing up all the time. Remember that no reputable firm will ask for an upfront fee, those that do are [problematic].

Keep your money in your pocket, or that will be the last you see of it.

We too got duped by this company. We have now been approached by Owners2Buyers who tell us they have a buyer for our 'deal' but we have to give them a credit card 'retainer' of £995.00 in order for them to produce the paperwork and complete the sale - the Credit card 'retainer' will then be paid back in full - in about 6 weeks. Anyone heard of these people?

This important warning is on the Club Class Concierge website Elaine...

We have been informed by a number of our members that over the past few weeks they have been contacted by a company calling themselves The Premium Group, Premier Group, Premier Holidays or even the fictional Club Class Resale Department. They claim that they apparently have a buyer for their memberships and they are working in conjunction with The Club Class Corporation. Their claims are totally untrue and we would like to warn any member who is contacted NOT to give them any money, bank or credit card details as their intentions are fraudulent and their aim is to deceive.

If you have already paid them money, then we strongly advise you to contact your bank or credit card company immediately and report this payment as theft.

We are taking these incidents very seriously and are investigating this matter further, once we have acquired all the relevant evidence we will take our findings to the relevant authorities and push for legal action to be taken.

Therefore if you are contacted by any company regarding your membership other than those recognised to you within your Club Class portfolio, please keep a record of your conversation and immediately contact our Customer Services Department on:

Tel: 0870 224 7994 or via email at [email protected]

Thank you for your assistance and understanding.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

These people, Owners2buyers, are still going. Just yesterday they called my wife and told her that they had a buyer for our Club Class ownership, a Dutchman who wanted 12 for his staff and needed just two more. My wife phoned me in a bit of a panic (I'm at the other side of the world just now) as she'd been told the deal was almost completed and she had two hours in which to take advantage and didn't know what the woman was talking about. I called them and was given the same story but while I was talking I was also Googling and came on this string. Thanks, WelshMam2009, I said I needed 10 minutes to get my cards, etc, then phoned the Club Class number you gave. The lady there said immediately it was a [problem] and just a change of name from other ones. She also offered to speak to my wife and told her the matter was in the hands of the Surrey police but it seems that that's where it's staying - in their hands! Suffice to say, I never called o2b back but, what they never realised was - our membership had expired about two years ago! :D As Scousegeezer put it earlier, "If it seems to good to be true- then it is ".

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Sandy. Just read your list of holiday clubs and of course VWP are missing. With your wide knowledge of this type of [problem], do you know if they have started up again under a different name, or what has become of the **** that ran VWP?

• 3 months later...

:mad:

This important warning is on the Club Class Concierge website Elaine...

It would seem that Club Class Concierge have invented yet another ruse to catch out the unwary. We were recently invited to attend an interview with 'a legal expert' at Bridge View Consultants, Maidenhead, with a legal expert', who was part of an organisation, ITRA,(International Timeshare Refund Action) involved in a group action suing the timeshare business for mis-selling. We would also be advised of a way we could get rid of our timeshare once it became a burden, should we so wish.

The first half hour was useful, informing us of some things we didn't know, but essentially trying to scare us into parting with our timeshare there and then, in exchange for membership of Club Class Concierge. The 'heavy seller' arrived with pages of figures showing us what our 'debt' (i.e. maintenance fee) to pass on to our children would be in future years. They would relieve us from this 'debt' in exchange for our timeshare (for 8 people) PLUS £7, 500 - a special discounted price available only at that moment. The rest was very much as has occurred for previous caggers. Fortunately we were made wary by the hard sell, and the fact that usuallly, when one sells something one receives money. I have never paid money to sell something. 'Owners' Solution' was another name that appeared on the paperwork. It appears that there are even more scams involving timeshares than I would have ever believed.