• Tweets

• Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
    • well post it here as a text in a the msg reply half of it is blanked out. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Totally Lost and In trouble. Debt Managers and Barclays

ashbash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think most of us have been trying to help Ash, but it has proved difficult because of the lack of information.

I think that if Ash has been given a crime reference number she may have misunderstood the police because as debt4get has already pointed out this is given to victims not people about to be prosecuted. Maybe she has realized this from debt4get's posting.

I still think she needs to get her parents/an older friend/student counsellor involved.

Some banks have a lot more than £10,000 at any time. Smaller branches do sometimes have to order cash or don't have enough for large withdrawals if they have had a very large number in a day. If the computer was hacked into this is a very serious matter indeed and I would have thought the bank and the police would want Ash to help them as a witness.

The bank should absolutely not have released the second £5,000 without security checks and I think it is outrageous if this is what they did that they should expect Ash to pay the money back to cover their own back.

DD

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they told me that i gain some money from this and convinced me that everything was all very legal, they actually befriended me too so i was even more convinced, and me being a stupid naive student went along with it and didnt see that these guys were taking me for a fool and cleaning me out for what i havent even got.

they told me that i gain some money from this and convinced me that everything was all very legal, they actually befriended me too so i was even more convinced, and me being a stupid naive student went along with it and didnt see that these guys were taking me for a fool and cleaning me out for what i havent even got.

Right so what has happened now?

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

To everyone that posted here... i have just read you replies and yes it has been ages since i have checked this website only because ive been so stressd i really dont know how to handle this i have never been an organised person so everything feels muddled, im getting letters now from banks saying theyr taking me to court, and theyr posting them to my student halls, i have my third year to concentrate on too, so i dont know what im going to do... i will tell you all my full story, and now ive been through this i know that i was stupid, naive, didnt think, and just a bimbo. But please believe me i really did not know what was going on untill letters came through my door. So if anyone is out there im willing to tell you all straight up... by the way i did go to the police but they didnt help me much, they really interogated me and it just upset me ! i was there for help and they were making it out like i had done this on purpose, they also called me and said we cant not tell the guys it came from you, so therefore i wasnt really protected from them, plus the cops said if i wanted to take them to court they would take me under arrest too? i was so confused i didnt know what the hek they had just told me, arrested for what? for telling them im a victim of fraud? i wouldnt go to them if i knew i had done something wrong. so i had to drop the case they said fine, and now im back to square one with more debt letters, calls, and threats. ? Im sorry everyone for not giving more info i will do if anyones interested? x

Disgusting treatment from the police...i would make an official complaint to them & make a complaint to the independent police complaints commission as well - they are public servants at the end of the day & need to be reminded of that :mad:

We have all made mistakes in the past Ashbash - thats history now, you are at this point now & looking to do something about it/seek help etc...

Caggers will help & advice you all the way..so well done on finding here ;)

With respect Mr Ton, we are trying to get to the bottom of what happened because if Ashbash is the victim of fraud, then I think there is a different approach to be taken than the normal "prove it / send a CCA" route. This is an unusual case compared to most that we see.

ok well one of friends from uni asked me if i wanted to make some money? and this was when i was in my second year, so i replied yeah why not? i asked her how she told me that she knew some guy a friend of hers that would explain it all to me. She gave him my number and he called me... he sounded pleasent very friendly and genuine. He then told me that he could help me because i was a student to get some extra cash for myself, basically he told me that he would deposit money into my account a large amount and i would go withdraw it for him and because i helped him i would get some money for that too. it didnt sound right to me so i refused even though he tried convincing me for ages, saying that the money was all his it was his savings but he didnt have a bank account because of his bad credit history... i kind of believe him but still didnt want to at the time. so i left it and we just started chatting as mates.

over the year we became friends also i thought, just you know mates that ask how you are or what you have been up to from timeto time. At this point i started to become quite skint at times and wish i had just some extra cash to help me out with rent and stuff and bills... i mentioned it him one day and he offered that deal to me what he had mentioned ages back.. this time he told me about his other friend that could help me too. he was a much older guy and he told me that he would put some of his money into your account and you can take it out for me... so because i was desperate i didnt think twice, thinking that this was all ok and it was thier own money all i was doing was withdrawing it for them. So i was introduced to the older guy and he was so friendly, seemed really nice, they even met one of my freinds with me and took us out for food. I didnt think anything of it i mean would anyone if they were in that situation?

so day one came they took me to a bank to take thier money out, they had deposited 5 grand into my barclays account. I went thier and asked them for the money, keep in mind ive only ever had a 200 hundred pound over draft on this account before... the girl at the counter asked me if it was my student loan she asked for my id... i said to her no its just me helping a mate out, and she didnt even question that?? but anyway i took it to them gave them the envelope and im not sure if the next 5 thousand was done the next day or on the same day..

so anyway the next 5000 was due i had to take this out at another branch the guys told me they wouldnt let me withdraw it from the same branch so i believed them, they also told me to call the bank and check my balance but wen i called ther was some kind of block put on my account i asked them wat it meant and they said its ok you just have to say its you that took your money out and not anyone else... so i authorised it with the bank and they said the fraud team will call me back to give you the thumbs up in a few hours or so... so basically everything was kool.. so i took that out for them but i cant remember what exactly happened because they have messed with two accounts of mine and it was long ago too.. but anyway they got the money and said theyll be in touch, i didnt get anything and thought this was a bit wierd but thought hey its okay theyll call me tomorrow...

apparently they were supposed to put more into my barclays but couldnt for some reason?? so they said theyll do some on my natwest student account... they told me that it would take a few week to get the money in the account because one of them hadd to get the money from somewhere far? whilst i was waiting forthem to tell me what was happeneing i got a letter from barclays sayin my account was over drawn by 5 grand... i felt sick! looking at that thinking how can that be?? i saw my balance i checked it on a screen before i withdrew the cash, and then i got the cash in hand so why the hell is it overdrawn???? i called them and they said oh dont worry its just the bank hasnt updated the system and it will do soon..

they told me to wait.. so i did i got more letters.. and this is when i started gettin suspicious and started arguing with the guys they told me that they were going to sort it out and not to worry.. then it was time to do the natwest one.

i didnt want to do this because of what happened to my barclays but they started getting aggressive and said that they knew everything about me, they knew where i lived, all my detailes and they told me that they usually dont play games and dont like being played around.. so i was crapping myself thinking my familys going to find out!!! plus i dont want guys knocking on my parents door my parents are old n dont need the stress... the guys told me ther money was in my account and i had to take it out.

so the day came for me to withdraw from natwest... now the older guy was in charge of this day n i spent the day with him going to post offices and withdrawing 999 or so euros out in notes. this had to be done every half hour. he used to get out of the car make a phone call and tell mne to check my balance after every half hour to see if it had gone up to a grand in pounds. i was so confused i didnt know what was going on and i was scared to run away so i just went ahead with it. thinking it will all be over theyll get thier cash and ill just leave it. i had got so many letters from barclays at this point too that i didnt even want anything i just wanted it to be over...

so the day had passd and he got 5 grand out of my natwest all worth euros... before he went he took me to selfridges and made me sign and open a store card with them and an allsaints mastercard. he told me that i would get confirmation and cards in post to my home address... he went with me and said to me just act like your a good mate of mine and dont thin about being stupid... i didnt even say anything to him and he said that to me? so i just went along with it...

well eventually the days passed and yes u can guess it i got letters from natwest saying the same things as barclays.. at this point i was in deep i hadnt payed my rent for 3 months in leeds, i hadnt payed the bills, my flatmate hated me even though she was supposed to be my best mate, i used to sit in my room all day not knwing wat to do or where to go... these guys were controlling my life, i was getting in debt with every single direct debit company i had in my account and just everything was taken away fro me just like that...

while all this was happening to me i did used to contact the guys saying to them youve ruined my life sort my accounts are and the older one swore at me down the phone saying im a thick B**** for not listening to him... basically he told me to change my address with the banks and give them different details but i didnt do that cuz that would make things worse for me and get me into more hassle... they used to promise me that they would sort it all out for me and then after a while they would threaten me or swear at me aggressivley ...

so i finally got the post... and i lied to them i told them i hadnt got anything... they let it go for a while, but then payed me a visit to ring the comapnys and ask y i didnt get them in the post. i felt like an idiot speaking on the phone infront of them because the people in the call centre said we already sent you out cards and forms to be sent back to us?? then they said they may have got lost in post so they sent me them again. this time i couldnt get away. the guys told em if i was lieng they would send people down to my house and would get the cards off them whatever it took, and regardless who opened the door to them. One of them told me they carried guns with them wen they went out and no one messed with them. so they made sure thati would give them the store cards, they also told me that they had put thier own money onto these cards. i didnt understand this bit? can you put your own money onto a store card? one of them was a mastercard from all saints...

so basically days went buy i got the cards and they took me to selfridges told em to withdraw 300 out in vouchers. i did that and they took it off me... a few weeks later the older guy took me to a currys and he bout a surround sstem worth 1200 i think? and also a playstation. and then that was it.? ...

i got letters from these comapnies after weeks saying i was overdue on my payments and now i have gone into the red with them too. i contacted the guys over and over and over you dont understand how many times, but again it was just abuse from them. I got to a point where i thought i couldnt deal with it anymore and thought to myself i want it all to go away right now.. that wasnt the answer though...

it was nearing the time for me to move outta my flat and my flat mate told my cuzin i hadnt payed anything. my cuzin is very close to me and she pryed it out of me about what was going on with me. i told her everything and she convinced me to tell my borther. i did that and he couldnt belive it he said he had to tell all the rest of my brothers and sisters but not my parents. so we all had a family meeting, that just stressed me out even more because my family were so angry, they told me i had been scammed really badly, the guys were thugs and con artists and they paray on young girls students especially to getthier cash... thy suggested i go to the police and the banks..

i did the banks didnt know what on earth i was on about when i explained it to them and the police investigated... they said they found out who one of the guys were... when they were interrogating me in the video room they made me feel small and stupid for not realizing i was being scammed, and they made it sound like my fault. yes ok fine it was my fault for not opening my eyes but what am i supposed to do now??

so there we have it thats the truth, by the waythe guys have changed thier numbers one of them had me on facebook and blocked n deleted me. OH Yeah i saw the older one in the airport recently!!!!

i was with my cuzin and friend they told me to confront him.. i was so angry and had the courage to do so bcuz lots of people were around.. i ran upto him and told him i wanted him to sort my mess out now and he wasnt going anywhere unless he had done so.. you guys should have seen him face his mouth went dry and he could hardly speak.. i was really making a scene though and he was pushing me back but he realized people were looking so couldnt do anything... in the end he said hell call me bcuz he cant get that money strait away n he sed hell arrange to meet me at 1 pm in town n i can bring a friend or my brother... i agreed after about 2 hours of arguing.. yeah and you can guess the rest.. i never heard from him again...

so people im basically stuck, i dont think i will ever get out of this unless i pay off 13 grand or so off myself which is not possible for me ever unless i win the lottery. You can think im making it up whoever said i was, but why on earth would i waste my time for like 3 hours making a story up on here? for your pleasure? i think not. but for all the people who want to help and listen i thank you so much. any kind of help is appreciated.

Ash .

Well, I'm certainly not going to preach at you, it's easy to be wise after the fact, and all of us have done stupid things at one time or another.

You are the victim of a crime here, it seems to me. I can also see how the banks might not see it that way TBH. How have you left things with the police? Have they given you a crime reference number?

yeah i am wiser now i dont trust hardly anyone... After the police said to me, if i went to court it would be under arrest, i said to them i knew you wouldnt be on my side what was the point in me coming to you for help, and the lady on the phone said its not about sides its just what has to be done in this situation... so i said forget it i want to drop the case and she goes ok thats up to you... that was that!

and they gave me a crime refrence number at the start when i told them. So what can i do now??

Oh Lord, Ashbash, you must be frightened silly.

I just don't understand the police attitude here. You mentioned that you told your brothers, sisters and cousins about this. Did (or will) any of them go to the police station with you? If they are all about your age, then you must confide in an older friend, uncle or aunt, if you don't want to tell your parents, but speaking as a parent I'd rather my daughter told me anything, no matter how awful, than go through this alone. They may be furious with you, but you are their daughter at the end of the day and they should help you.

You need legal advice urgently. You must go to CAB tomorrow morning and ask them to help you and refer you to a solicitor.

DDxx

Sometimes the response of the police seems more like a lottery than anything else :rolleyes:

Are you a member of the Student Union? If so, or if you were to become one, could they help you get cheap or free legal advice do you think?

Sorry about all the questions, but this is a tricky one, and doesn't warrant the usual answers IMO.

yeah my brothers and sisters are all in thier 30's and my eldest brother went to the police station with me but they didnt ask him anything, he was just sat there with me for comfort, the second time i went no one was allowed to come with me.

the student friend has now graduated, i failed my year because of this crap and now im in my third year. she doesnt have contact with them because she never went through with it but she still speaks to me.

im not a member of the student union but i will ask them for advice,yes.

and im going to go to the CAB thats a good idea thankyou people.

Do you guys think i was in the wrong? and why do you think the police wanted to arrest me if they did wont the courts think what they think anyway?

yeah my brothers and sisters are all in thier 30's and my eldest brother went to the police station with me but they didnt ask him anything, he was just sat there with me for comfort, the second time i went no one was allowed to come with me.

the student friend has now graduated, i failed my year because of this crap and now im in my third year. she doesnt have contact with them because she never went through with it but she still speaks to me.

im not a member of the student union but i will ask them for advice,yes.

and im going to go to the CAB thats a good idea thankyou people.

Do you guys think i was in the wrong? and why do you think the police wanted to arrest me if they did wont the courts think what they think anyway?

I don't think you were 'in the wrong' I think you were incredibly naive. The police may have wanted to arrest you as you were part of a criminal act - regardless of weather you knew it or not. I doubt they would have any reason to charge you though. Try not to worry about that :)

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

No disrespect to your brother but you need a strong adult here - not someone just to be with you, but someone who'll ask the police exactly what they are doing, and what they are going to do about these seriously nasty conmen who have threatened you, and what they are going to do to protect you.

I think you said you are in Leeds. CAG has a buddy system for court - maybe there is a strong cagger in Leeds who'd be able to come with you. I'm going to hit the red triangle for you.

DDxx

No disrespect to your brother but you need a strong adult here - not someone just to be with you, but someone who'll ask the police exactly what they are doing, and what they are going to do about these seriously nasty conmen who have threatened you, and what they are going to do to protect you.

I think you said you are in Leeds. CAG has a buddy system for court - maybe there is a strong cagger in Leeds who'd be able to come with you. I'm going to hit the red triangle for you.

DDxx

I completely agree with that. My thinking on this is that you really need to march back down to that police station, but this time with a solicitor, if at all possible. Not all the police are the same, and some seem much more keen on investigating crime than others, or so it seems.

Hi Ashbash,

I'm hoping you won't have to go to court at all. I am just wondering if we have a strong cagger in Leeds who might go to the police station with you. If you do have to go to court then I'm sure they'll be a cag court buddy who would go with you, but let's see what we can do about the police first.

If there's no response to my triangle request I'll see how we find a court buddy in Leeds, and try to contact them.

DD

• 9 months later...