• Tweets

• Please see my comments on your post in red
    • Thanks for your reply, I have another 3 weeks before the notice ends. I'm also concerned because the property has detoriated since I've been here due to mould, damp and rusting (which I've never seen in a property before) rusty hinges and other damage to the front door caused by damp and mould, I'm concerned they could try and charge me for damages? As long as you've documented and reported this previously you'll have a right to challenge any costs. There was no inventory when I moved in, I also didn't have to pay a deposit. Do an inventory when you move out as proof of the property's condition as you leave it. I've also been told that if I leave before a possession order is given I would be deemed intentionally homeless, is this true? If you leave, yes. However, Your local council has a legal obligation to ensure you won't be left homeless as soon as you get the notice. As stated before, you don't have to leave when the notice expires if you haven't got somewhere else to go. Just keep paying your rent as normal. Your tenancy doesn't legally end until a possession warrant is executed against you or you leave and hand the keys back. My daughter doesn't live with me, I'd likely have medical priority as I have health issues and I'm on pip etc. Contact the council and make them aware then.      
    • extension? you mean enforcement. after 6yrs its very rare for a judge to allow enforcement. it wont have been sold on, just passed around the various differing trading names the claimant uses.    
    • You believe you have cast iron evidence. However, all they’d have to do to oppose a request for summary judgment is to say “we will be putting forward our own evidence and the evidence from both parties needs to be heard and assessed by a judge” : the bar for summary judgment is set quite high! You believe they don't have evidence but that on its own doesn't mean they wouldn't try! so, its a high risk strategy that leaves you on the hook for their costs if it doesn't work. Let the usual process play out.
    • Ok, I don't necessarily want to re-open my old thread but I've seen a number of such threads with regards to CCJ's and want to ask a fairly general consensus on the subject. My original CCJ is 7 years old now and has had 2/3 owners for the debt over the years since with varying level of contact.  Up to last summer they had attempted a charging order on a shared mortgage I'm named on which I defended that action and tried to negotiate with them to the point they withdrew the charging order application pending negotiations which we never came to an agreement over.  However, after a number of communication I heard nothing back since last Autumn barring an annual generic statement early this year despite multiple messages to them since at the time.  at a loss as to why the sudden loss of response from them. Then something came through from this site at random yesterday whilst out that I can't find now with regards to CCJ's to read over again.  Now here is the thing, I get how CCJ's don't expire as such, but I've been reading through threads and Google since this morning and a little confused.  CCJ's don't expire but can be effectively statute barred after 6 years (when in my case was just before I last heard of the creditor) if they are neither enforced in that time or they apply to the court within the 6 years of issue to extend the CCJ and that after 6 years they can't really without great difficulty or explanation apply for a CCJ extension after of the original CCJ?.  Is this actually correct as I've read various sources on Google and threads that suggest there is something to this?.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Me V Halifax Visa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am about to embark on my quest for justice against the unfair regime of the Bankers who have been charging me for several years now.

First up is Halifax Visa

I have recieved my SAR request, a copy of the credit agreement (application form) signed 2002 and statements. I have written under seperate cover for the credit agreement pursuant to a CCA request which is yet to arrive.

I am puzzled as to what course of action to take from here onwards...

My agreement

1. I have been misold PPI

2. Unlawful charges added to the account

3. Agreement is unenforceable as there are no prescribed terms

What do I do from here, can I claim back the PPI premiums and the charges and then get the agreement declared unenforceable? I have reached my limit £11k and not in arrears as I keep up with minimum payments.

Your advice would be welcomed.

Pinny

Hi just a thought but could someone kindly post up a schedule of their charges which they have actually had paid back, I am struggling to grasp the concept of compound interest and could use a filled in schedule to help gain a better understanding.

Thanks

Pinny

Hi Pinny

A few things....

Did you put the x in the PPI box as from this copy it looks like it was typed - if so you didnt have a choice but to take PPI. That might be an avenue for you..... Only a suggestion. (ref Part 1 on your list above)

Also this is only an application not an agreement which (clever) DSA team @ halifax send out but not your actual agreement. I got the same the other day but I was lucky as not to have anything in the PPI box but still I got PPI insurance!!! I would wait to see what the CCA brings up before you do anything else with this part. (Ref Part 3 on your list above)

Also i would treat it as 3 separate parts and thus 3 complaints. This means 1. the Halifax have to do more work 2. If one area of your negotiations fail initially you can still keep the other parts moving and 3. when it come to going to court (if you have to take it that far) you can lump it all back as one anyway.

In regards to your charges Im still investigating that myself so wouldnt be best to answer!

Hi Mark

Thanks for your comments, the ppi box was pre ticked and I thought I wouldn't get the credit card without it.

Should I start reclaiming the PPI and charges? If so I know what I have been charged in terms of ppi and charges but how do I work out the interest charged on these. I know how to add the compounded interest thereafter.

Pinny

Hi Pinny

You have a great claim for mis-selling!!!!! Pre-ticked means they were deliberately trying to mislead potential customers into the products.

I would get your claim in the system for the PPI in regards to the mis-selling asap - and explain you reserve the right to add to the compliant at at a later date and will give them time to respond. Get them to admit they have been stupid then tell them the amount of money you require to rectify the situation. Its seems to work with them because once they admit they are wrong they are trying to get away with paying you less but once they have admitted it or made you an offer they have admitted it!!!

You will have enough time to work out how much to charge them but from reading other forums on here you interest rate will have to be around 8% as anymore for it likely to be successful. Look for some PPI calculators on this site they are quite a few!

In regards to the credit card charges, treat it as a separate complaint. As said get Halifax working more and also as I found out people in the Halifax dont talk to each other or keep accurate notes so they are more likely to slip up!

I am not an expert, and I know this will cost you more money initially sending stuff to the Halifax but I think it also gives the impression you are here for the long run!

Let me know if I am talking rubbish or if you need anything else!

Hi Mark

I was mis sold the repayments cover definitley, branch guy was pushy also I felt the application would decline without it. I don't even know what it covers me for.

I sent off a complaints letter in regards to the mis sold PPI, I want them to acknowledge they mis sold me the cover and then I'll go in for charges+compound+statutory.

Also sent a letter and schedule of charges requesting payment of all late payment and over limit fees + compounded interest at 29.95% + 8% statutory.

Total claim for ppi and charges comes to approx £3.5k including the interest.

I am still waiting on my CCA request, I'm not in a rush for this anyway as I want my claims settled first.

Will keep you posted.

Hi Pinny

Will be interested in how you get on and any correspondance that you receive as I'm chasing for return of late fees at the moment from them.

Have a look at my thread for ''progress'' so far.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/217048-how-much-youre-aving.html

If you read around the forum you will find a number of threads about PPI especially those posted on by pompeyfaith.

Opinion is that an agreement with PPI is unenforceable as you will read.

• 4 years later...

Hi

This account was in limbo for a few years passing from dca to dca and now it has re surfaced in the form of a statutory demand from lowells.

I reclaimed penalty charges and ppi and payment was sent via cheque rather than set off against the balance.

I'm hate going to court I got burnt a couple of times due to lack of courage and sever depression which I now have 2 ccj's for.

I really want to fight this.

I will be sending off a CCA request to Lowell today, is there anything else I should be doing in the meantime?

Regards

Pinny