Abbey National Disgrace

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone

just trying to get an answer on this, i sent abbey my hardship letter on june 23rd and havent had anything back yet so need to send another letter, please can someone help me and let me know what type letter i should now be sending?

i am abstly fuming as got a letter from debt mgt and recovery who want their monies back and to think abbey have totally ignored any contact from me. i want to make a note of this also in the letter i send to abbey, its disgusting, it has made me spit feathers!!!

please please help!!

no course not!! im stressing coz have lots of stuff to deal with left right and centre...abbey, mbna, capital one and all the DCs!!

its for an overdraft £3186.97. in terms of how old? not sure exactly but has been 10 years that ive been an abbey customer however cant quite rem when the overdraft kicked in?

im not able to pay it all back in one sum and prior to me receiving letter today, i had written to shabbey with hardship plea.

An overdraft doesn't form part of cca1974 so that is out of the question.

You could subject access request them, it will cost you £10 but they have to supply all data they have on you. You could then find out how much in the way of charges they have applied to your overdraft and possibly get a big chunk of it wrote off

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca.

Hope someone else comes along here just to confirm or tell you another route to go. Think i am right though

Andy...

You say you've got a history with Abbey going back 10 years, can you remember if you have made any payments in the past 6 years? If not the debt may be statue barred.

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

i have with capital one and not heard a peep back, is this normal?

mbna am in the middle of requesting cca

i got my statements from abbey and so went thru and added up all the charges they hit me with and included that in my original letter together with the hardship bit and a financial budget.

so by rights they had 40 days to respond and they havent so just need to know best course of action to take now please?

How long ago did you send your cca request to crap one? They have 12+2 days to respond. +2 days is time it takes for your letter to arrive to them. 12 days being working days for them to have got your cca to you. After this your account is OFFICIALLY in dispute.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

If all your other cca requests have passed this time limit send all of them this letter.

Andy...

sorry katpuss just saw your message, when i was earning on a perm level so anything b4 jan of this year, abbey would take the money out of my monthly salary but id always have it there...as it were....does that make sense?

sorry, andy i did get the cca back from crap 1, its already posted on here...so was asking what i do next on that front? not entirely sure the cca is right tho? check it out, its under me re capital one/credit solutions.

thanks everyone, sorry for getting confused, got soooo much to deal with and dont know if im coming or going at the mo...sob sob....

hah hah, that did make me smile loop, thing is they havent moved slowly with them getting dca on me already!! thats why im soooo ****ed off with them now.

I hate seeing a post I have already answered and asked for more information on another forum so here goes another try. Did you send the letter recorded delivery?

Where did you send the letter?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

guess theres lots of us out there right now all with the same questions with prob all of the same companies ie abbey!!! i know a couple of peple i used to work with have regd on here now on the back of what ive told them......

yes it went recorded and sent to the mk branch......

thanks to all for your help and if i ever do get anything back from shabbey i will defly make a donation!!!

in the meantime, i will resend hardship letter and letter to their dca telling them a/c in dispute, is this right?

i know crap 1 is a different topic but no-ones really answered yet, i just need to know what happens next now that ive got their cca?