Sainsbury's Credit Card - Very Strange Goings on...

MPH2k9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

I have a strange situation which I seek potentially helpful advice for.

A year ago I cancelled my Sainsburys Credit Card and paid it off in full (Account was left £2 in credit).

I had since needed to access to a credit card to cover my back for online purchases gone and re-applied for a Sainsbury's card, but was rejected since my credit score of 900 (average) out of 1000 is clearly a major risk [!!].

I received a letter today from Sainsbury's informing me that a website hosting company, which I had cancelled my account with had actually taken money out of the credit card just a week and a half ago.

*Points of note at this point, the credit card was destroyed and burnt and my account was deleted/closed/ended*

I contacted Sainsburys regarding this matter, but also said "If you will reissue my card for this account WHICH I AM ALREADY PAYING FOR since you are allowing charges to it, then I will use it".

The response was that despite me already having a 'closed' account, I am effectively not able to use it, but it is OK for any company to bill me for it. So I am paying for a service which I cannot use directly, but other companies can. I was advised to re-apply for a card - which I was told I most-likely wouldn't get due to already have any account with them (pointless?)

DO I have any legal standing or relevant literature or law to back me up in forcing Sainsbury's to issue me a card for this account which they had 're-opened' to allow companies to still bill me? (which I am fighting for refunds for).

Many thanks for any help

I dont recall any confirmation as such, I did this over the phone with an agent whom I specifically hammered home that I wanted the account closed.

Now that the card has been reactivated I am just gobsmacked that they wont reissue me a card...