Lloyds gradute A/C O/D - now with Apex/Satchi.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

AIC will tell you that they have contacted Lloyds and that Lloyds don't have the CCAs because they do not have to keep them... but that you owe the money and it still has to be repaid. You will send them the "in dispute" letter, they will go quiet... and then, if you follow the same path that I am, Lloyds will contact you and tell you that AIC have told them to take you to court... when you have finished rolling on the floor laughing, you write back and tell them that the account is in dispute and wait to see what happens yet... in my case, granted it has only been a couple of weeks, the silence is deafening!

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I think it still stresses me out a bit when I get a new letter.

One of the accounts is an overdraft over the overdraft limit and the other is an account which got out of control on an unauthorised overdraft. I have tried sending CCA requests for both accounts but soon realised I wasn't getting any replies and it was pointed out to me that overdrafts aren't covered under this act (still don't really understand this)

Is it worth me sending a letter just asking what account it is they are chasing? And maybe also asking for some kind of proof that I owe this company anything?

I wasn't sure that Allied were ligit. because the wording was so dodgy and it sounded like some kind of [problem].

Write to them asking to supply you with a copy of the "Assignation" from your Original Creditor. They must have this to legally pursue the debt along with the Original Credit Agreement.

If they have the Assignation:- Check to see if they own the debt. If it has not been sold to them, they are collecting on behalf of the creditor. If it is the latter, then deal with the creditor. Tell the DCA that you will only deal with the Creditor as they own the debt.

Good Luck with whatever you do!

Despite the fact they are bottom feeders etc, can they be trusted? If you agree something with them, will that be an end to the matter?

The offer is good. And that is the problem, its almost to good to be true. WHats to stop another bf coming along and starting all over again? They say that "neither they nor the client will pursue the matter any further." and they confirm that it is full and final settlement.

copy of the "Assignation" from your Original Creditor

... makes your eyes water. An assignation is a clandestine meeting, usually with sexual intent.

I think the word you want is 'assignment'.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

... makes your eyes water. An assignation is a clandestine meeting, usually with sexual intent.

I think the word you want is 'assignment'.

Now where is that what made you smile today thread?:D

Thanks for the replies everyone!

One of the accounts is an overdraft over the overdraft limit and the other is an account which got out of control on an unauthorised overdraft. I have tried sending CCA requests for both accounts but soon realised I wasn't getting any replies and it was pointed out to me that overdrafts aren't covered under this act (still don't really understand this)

Is it worth me sending a letter just asking what account it is they are chasing? And maybe also asking for some kind of proof that I owe this company anything?

I wasn't sure that Allied were ligit. because the wording was so dodgy and it sounded like some kind of [problem].

i think they are legit in as much as they have been "appointed" by the OC or their agent. But the do not adhere to any rules or guidelines. They will confirm nothing of substance in writing. watch out for what they dont say rather than what they do say. I have spoken to my OR who has confirmed that AIC are authroised, indeed they knew about the agreement we had reached. but certain otherdetails mentioned by AIC were total fabrication. which is why they wont confirm in writing.

• 1 month later...

I received a letter a couple of days ago from Lloyds saying that have passed my account over to their 'agents' Allied Credit International Credit Ltd and that they will now deal with the account on their behalf and I should only correspond with Allied. They have even included a typo!

Oh and I think assignation has a few meanings one of which Palomino has described but it can also mean the allocation or attribution of someone or something as belonging to something. However I believe assignment is the more relevant here!