Lowell Financial Letter Received What Do I Do Next Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello again folks been up half the night looking through paperwork. my last payment date was 2001 so its deffo stat barred gonna go to ico and oft today and report them, surely this is illegal, they are lying to get innocent people to pay, how many people would just pay for an easy life.

ITS NOT FAIR

OFT HERE I COME

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PS

i did win a bank charges claim with them last year and they took it off the debt??? is this correct as was stat barred then, shouldnt they have sent this straight to me, thats not fair either.

feel more confident today, some days you just lose hope dont ya, but got fighting talk today lol

jx

i did win a bank charges claim with them last year and they took it off the debt??? is this correct as was stat barred then, shouldnt they have sent this straight to me, thats not fair either

Yes it's correct, not fair but correct!:-|

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

well this morning i have received a so called credit agreement I am going to photograph it in a short while and post it up, think they have rigged it, they are ignoring completely my stat barr letter and making up all sorts of payments now, what should i do

jx

hiya again right the credit agreement received is alot on printed bumf but on the bottom this is dated 20 01 04 on bottom yet the bit i have received is dated 2000 the last payment received by capital one is 2002/ apart from charges forwarded but thats not me making payment is it.

jx trying to get this pic to work

here is a letter to send em what do you think of this

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing regarding a stat barred account, that you keep writting to me regarding, you have now send me a credit agreement which for one is not my signature, and the paperwork you have sent is dated on the bottom of the sheets 2004, yet the signature is 2000, how can this be.

I have spoken to capital one, and have received all payment history, to this effect and can confirm this account was stat barred a long time ago.

I have now contacted the OFT/ICO and advised them regarding letters you have sent ie making up payment dates regarding /attempted payment, which is an incorrect date regarding this account.

I can confirm the above authoritys will be in touch in due course to investigatge the situation.

Dear Sir/Madam

Ref Account No: xxxxx

I am writing regarding the above account which as you are well aware I informed you on xxxx date was Statute Barred.

In order to clarify the situation, I also requested a copy of the credit agreement which I have now received.

In addition to the fact that this debt is indisputably and irrevocably STATUTE BARRED, I now find that the Credit Agreement is invalid, in that not only does it not bear MY signature, the date on the documentation is 2004 and on the signature 2000, which causes me great concern as to its authenticity.

I have spoken to Capital One, and have received all payment history, to this effect and can confirm this account became Statute Barred a long time ago.

Once I formally informed you of this you were obliged under OFT rules to cease from harrassing me for payment.

Nonetheless you have persisted in doing this, leaving me no alternative but to take further action, and I have now made formal complaints to the OFT and Information Commissioners Office in respect of your conduct and the documentation you have supplied purporting to be a valid agreement.

I have also advised them of your attempts to convince me that I had made or attempted payment, when I clearly had not, which I can only regard as a blatant attempt to mislead me into believing the debt was not Statute Barred.

You will be hearing from them in due course with regard to their investigations.

In the meantime I would be grateful if you would write and confirm that this matter is now closed.

yours faithfully..

Good letter.....Just embellished it a bit..:)

Elsa xx

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

They really don't know when to give up do they!:mad:

Oh well fraudulently cobbling together fabricated agreements and their blatant disregard for the law will, hopefully, see them put out of business.

I would wring this one dry, up to the point of trying to get the director or one of the managers charged with fraud,

But thats just me:D

(sore head the morning after the night before:razz:)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Lose the 'without prejudice' as this means that the letter cannot be used in any court action.

Yes i was going to say that aswell:p

Another good point :) so..

Dear Sir/Madam

Ref Account No: xxxxx

I am writing regarding the above account which as you are well aware I informed you on xxxx date was Statute Barred.

In order to clarify the situation, I also requested a copy of the credit agreement which I have now received.

In addition to the fact that this debt is indisputably and irrevocably STATUTE BARRED under S5 of The Limitation Act 1980, I now find that the Credit Agreement is invalid and highly questionable, in that not only does it not bear MY signature, the date on the documentation is 2004 and on the signature 2000, which causes me great concern as to its authenticity.

I have spoken to Capital One, and have received all payment history, to this effect and can confirm this account became Statute Barred a long time ago.

Once I formally informed you of this you were obliged under OFT rules to cease from harrassing me for payment.

Nonetheless you have persisted in doing this, leaving me no alternative but to take further action, and I have now made formal complaints to the OFT and Information Commissioners Office in respect of your conduct and the documentation you have supplied purporting to be a valid agreement.

I have also advised them of your attempts to convince me that I had made or attempted payment, when I clearly had not, which I can only regard as a blatant attempt to mislead me into believing the debt was not Statute Barred.

You will be hearing from them in due course with regard to their investigations.

In the meantime I would be grateful if you would write and confirm that this matter is now closed.

yours faithfully..

Any more thoughts? :)

Another good point :) so..

Any more thoughts? :)

Perhaps they should be asked to confirm the CCA is genuine and that they or their agents have not altered it in any way.

i love it thanks so much/ been outside with kids all day so didnt have time to look till now, its typed and sent already, thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxxx I will sleep tonight, i was saying to my husband this is like a boxing fight this isnt it, I keep throwing a punch feeling great then getting knocked back down lol, but as long as i keep getting back up and fighting.

ty all let you know the outcome

xxxxx

just been looking at paperwork when i looked at date 31 march 2005 for a payment of 50.00/ lowell did not even own the debt then, i have a letter advising me the date sold to lowell was 07/09/2006??? where do they get dates from

where do they get dates from

You know those big wall calendar posters? Well, they have one of those and just throw a dart see where it hits, and hey presto!

Sometimes they even use the 'pin the tale on the donkey' just for a bit of variation..:D

just been looking at paperwork when i looked at date 31 march 2005 for a payment of 50.00/ lowell did not even own the debt then, i have a letter advising me the date sold to lowell was 07/09/2006??? where do they get dates from

they must stick a pin in a calendar:rolleyes:

not advised as they tried this with me i was abroad on the claimed last payment date.

also droped another clanger with random date choosing with ODC again disproved by passport.

the date they claimed to have brought my debt was in actuall fact a sunday.

and they were on my CF 18 months before they brought.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Do not lose any sleep over this bunch of cowboys. They are full of hot air and tell so many porkies that they confuse themselves. They are not the sharpest tools in the box. They are so easy to defeat purely because of their sheer arrogance and the sneering attitude of the mindless morons they appear to employ as threat monkeys. They are on the OFT Radar for their threats and pursuit of Statute Barred Debt. It is only a matter of time before they get the £ 50,000 rap over their knuckles.

The alleged debt is Statute Barred . END OF STORY. GAME OVER for the Leeds Losers