• Tweets

• I suggested consideration of bankruptcy some years ago. It was not well received.
    • That is a superb WS. However, I have a few tweaks to suggest. In (2) "indicating" not "indication". I think to be consistent with your numbering, in (6) the Beavis case should be EXHIBIT 2. Do you really need to include over 100 pages of Beavis?  I think that would be likely to annoy the judge.  Just try and find the bit where they decide it was not a penalty due to having an interest in limiting the time that vehicles can stay. I'll have a look myself for this bit later as it's highly likely to be in WSs from PPCs who think that that paragraph means all their charges are valid always on every occasion. After your current (7) add this.  It's always useful to refer to a judgment when making a legal point - 8.  In the case PCM vs Bull, Claim No. B4GF26K6, where the Defendant was issued parking tickets for parking on private roads with signage stating “No parking at any time”, District Judge Glen in his final statement mentioned that: “the notice was prohibitive and didn’t communicate any offer of parking and that landowners may have claim in trespass, but that was not under consideration”.   In (14) if my maths are right the CPR request should be "EXHIBIT 3".  it is missing from your list of exhibits. In (16) the two figures should be £100 and £170.  They are entitled to increase fro,m £60 to £100, they are not entitled to increase to £170.  To make it clear for the judge I would write - 16. The Claimant has artificially inflated their claim for a £100 invoice to £170. This is simply a poor attempt to circumvent the legal costs cap at small claims. 17. The Claimant has also invented a second fictitious charge, for legal representative's costs, when they have no legal representative. You also need ot number your exhibits. The rest is excellent - well done.
    • Did you ever think of walking away? Become bankrupt and in 12 months it'll all be behind you. My feeling is that you may well get nothing from the sale of the property anyway. Going by the date this thread started it looks like eight years of arrears, lender's costs and receiver’s fees on top.
    • Just to clarify - I make use of evening legal clinics. It is not always possible to see a lawyer (they have limited time and days/week).  This means questions one has may never get answered or there's weeks between follow-ups.   To be really clear - I am representing myself; I am playing at being lawyer/ barrister - which means I take help wherever I can get it (and then research it thoroughly). Ae - a judge in a recent hearing pointed out the receiver is not part of my current proceedings - and suggested I have a separate claim v the receiver. Disclosure has presented damning evidence v the receiver  The receiver against whom I have a complaint is not part of the receiver governing body.   The receivership is in 2 names - a joint one.  My complaint is directed at whom I was told is the lead receiver.  The other named receiver IS a member of the governing body.  But he has now left the company.  And the lead receiver has retired - but is still a working consultant on my case.   All the evidence shows it was the 'lead' receiver who was doing all the  work/ the misbehaviour.   But if the appointment was 'joint' would I make a complaint against them both?    I am sure that wouldn't go down well with the other receiver who is at the beginning of his career. The law is very much against borrowers.   But the evidence against this receivership is crystal clear.   I just don't know how and to whom to complain.   The places I've tried so far don't offer much transparency       
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Weightmans CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi PD, first thing is to try to stay calm .I know its easier said than done, but to deal with this lot you need a clear calm head.

First thing you need to do is bang of a CCA request to Weightmans, that will then tell you what they are trying to claim on, or if they have nothing.

As for going to court without a CCA well if they try I am sure you will get loads of help from the Forum.

Thanks miffedpuppy, I will get the CCA request sent today I dint send one earlier because I didnt want aggrevate them more but from what Iv read they try all sorts like sending the CCJ forms to a previouse address so people dont receive & respond to them so that they win the CCJ case. Im trying to stay calm but the more Iv read about eos & weightmans I get more nervous.

PD

Hi PD

Try not to worry...easier said than done, i know!! I was in the same position as you last year ( well worse, already had the CCJ!) and with all the help from the guys on here i managed to get mine set aside, not out of the woods yet and it gets trickier the further into the fight you get...:eek: but there is step by step help on here.

As MP has said you need to send a CCA request off asap, keep proof of posting and dont sign your name on it! The letter template you will need is in the templates section on here.

That should keep you going until the troops arrive with more knowledge!!

All the best PD..just post up with any questions and someone will help you:)

MJ

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

Please click my scales, if you feel the need;)

Hi PD,

You've had good advice so far... get that s78 off to weightmans asap, send it recorded delivery so they cant claim its "lost" in the post.

If this debt is for freemans and they dont have a CCA then they would be mad to issue court proceedings and you have found the right place to get advice on how to deal with this IF they issue proceedings.

Are you sure the debt isnt for anything else? I believe BGAS and other utilities use EOS, do you have a copy of your credit file? Are there any strange debts on there?

S.

Yep its Freemans because on the letter its says their client is eos and its for the brand name freemans

Im going to get the CCA request sent off today thank you all so much

I expec them to carry through with trying for the ccj Il just have to wait and see

Should I also send one to freemans?(CCA Request)

PD

Yep its Freemans because on the letter its says their client is eos and its for the brand name freemans

Im going to get the CCA request sent off today thank you all so much

I expec them to carry through with trying for the ccj Il just have to wait and see

Should I also send one to freemans?(CCA Request)

PD

No need, you always send to whoever is chasing for the debt last.. as its weightmans its there responsibility to pass it on to there clients :-D.

Oh and of course when they cant provide anything they will still claim the debt is owed but after the 12+2 days you can put the account in dispute and stop paying if you like, they'll trash your credit rating but its your decision.

If they treated people fairly in regards debts none of this would be necessary!

S.

Cool!

dont worry too much about the CCJ, its a looooonnngggg way from that.

They need to issue court proceedings and win to get that CCJ, with CAG behind you that winning will take a lot more work than they currently think.

IMHO that letter is a scare tactic to get you paying more

S.

Hi me again

after filling in the address, date & reference does this seem correct or do I need to add anything else like how long they have to reply.

Your Address

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.78(6) will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

Edited by planetdebt

+1 to Shadow's last sentence, there.

What you have to remember, from this point on, is that it's only money. Debts and defualts are governed by civil law, not criminal, although some lenders and collection agencies would have you believe otherwise. They out the fear of God into people when they have no bloody right!

I have been in your position and though this site and the invaluable help I have received from its members I gained the confidence to challenge these lenders and their out-of-control heavies and stand up to the. Stick around here and pretty soon you'll be doing the same!

We're here to help.

Thanks shadow:), I hope they wont take it to court.

Scare tactic. The most that can happen at court is that the debt will be enforced, and if you've been paying it all along on a debt plan, there is nothing they can do.

How much are you paying on this particular one?

Ok, £40 doesn't seem that bad, but are you sure you have enough to live on for food, utilities, travel, council tax? Do remember that if your situation changes you shoudl let the DMA knwo. The whole point of being ina DMP is to get out of debt, not stay in it.

Also, I have never heard of detbs being split and farmed out to separate collection agencies. Your debt balance and account numbers must match up. As Shadow says, check your credit file.

Ok, il check my credit file, my family is helping me out a bit thats how im managing so I am completely stretched but I dont have any utility payments outstanding. just the electric but they have agreed to let me pay a set amount every month & iv still got leky and they have never threatened me.

As for the DMA they wouldn take on the case unless i paid the minimum they thought would be sufficient and now this has happened they dont have anything to say.

Thanks

PS should I add the respond by date to the cca also what did you mean by the s78(b) part should I alter that.

Thanks again flyboyagain and all of you giving advice

sorry what does that mean should I change it to s.78(6)(b)

Nope, leave it at s.78(6).

(a) still applies and this states they cannot enforce the agreement whilst they dont supply the true copy requested.

Letter looks fine. No need to put a date, they know they have 12+2 working days to respond otherwise you can put the account into dispute.

S.

Nope, leave it at s.78(6).

(a) still applies and this states they cannot enforce the agreement whilst they dont supply the true copy requested.

Letter looks fine. No need to put a date, they know they have 12+2 working days to respond otherwise you can put the account into dispute.

S.

Hi shadow, Thanks iv filled in the details now & printed it gonna go get the postal order and send it off in a bit.

Hi every1.

I sent the CCA request today. but the situation has changed it seems. I had to find out what this alleged debt was so I phone weightmans & eos up and it turns out its freemans that has sent the hole account & eos has seperated it up and sent one of the sums to weightmans!

Im afraid I may have messed things up for myself, because on the phone I didnt admit to that debt but I said I had a freemans account.

Could they use that against me :Cry:

Hi every1.

I sent the CCA request today. but the situation has changed it seems. I had to find out what this alleged debt was so I phone weightmans & eos up and it turns out its freemans that has sent the hole account & eos has seperated it up and sent one of the sums to weightmans!

Im afraid I may have messed things up for myself, because on the phone I didnt admit to that debt but I said I had a freemans account.

Could they use that against me :Cry:

It wasnt overly wise to talk to them but I can see why you have done it... just dont do it again! :-D :-D :-D everything in writing.

As to the harm, you are not claiming you didnt receive the goods or have an account... you are claiming they dont have an enforceable agreement to collect it with... without this agreement its considered a gift.

As to splitting the debt up, I'm not sure if they can do this, I've never heard of it being done before, hopefully someone else can advise on this..

S.