You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• look up on land registry who owns the property then get in contact with your local environmental heath dept.   dx  
    • Hello all,   I have recently moved into a new property. The bedroom window is facing a bunch of commercial crates which have trash on top of them. The trash is maybe two metres away from the window, making it impossible for the window to be open (I am also afraid of rats being there).   The other windows of the property are facing a communal, enclosed area, which is making it difficult for the property to be properly ventilated. I have already raised this issue with my estate agency and they are trying do to something about it (to be honest, if I leave everything to them, this issue won't be solved until my tenancy is finished, and that is more than one year away).   I am asking for advice, or how could I approach this issue.   I have spoken to my council and, since they do not deal in private property, there is nothing they can do, at least this is what they have told me.   The property with the trash is not owned by my landlord. It is an open space, with big crates, closed off by a fence. If I could, I would climb those crates and remove the trash myself but I cannot. I also cannot climb out the window to reach the trash, as the window is too small.   At times, I see a car in that property but I have never seen the driver. I left a note in the car's window explaining the issue and giving my number. This was around a week ago and nobody came back to me.   
    • Hi   First off ALL Tenants need to re report all the different repairs again via their repairs procedure. Yes its good to get a list of all properties repairs with photo/video evidence signed by all property tenants but you all need to fight this individually as well as a group.   Next you all need to look up your rights on Repair i.e. The Right to Repair Scheme and also their Complaints Procedure.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made   https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/right_to_repair_for_council_tenants   All Tenants need to take control back with these repair and ask in writing titling any letter 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and stating the repair and why it hasn't been carried out to date and an exact date when it will be completed.   You also require clarification whether these Repairs come under the Right to Repair Scheme and if so why we were never informed of this. (delete or amend)   You also require copies of the following:   Right to Repair Scheme Policy (Not the Leaflet Repair and Maintenance Policy (Not the Leaflet) Solar Panel Policy (Not the Leaflet) Complaints Policy (Not the Leaflet) Equality & Diversity Policy (Not the Leaflet) When you get the above policies you need to take your time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' in relation to your issue and if not mark it this way you build a list of what they haven't done/followed as per there own Policies and use it against them.   They will have time limits to complete repairs within for Emergency, Urgent, Routine repairs and if they exceed that time limit and need to extend it remember it is with you the tenants agreement not them telling you and tough you can wait.   (bear in mind any repairs during COVID-19 the time limits are now different and most routine repairs are stopped)  
    • I was on UC in late March, and recently received some quite non-committal message that the commitments would be returning, but no indication when.     If I remember correctly the expectation was that we could find at least one job per day to which to apply, or some such nonsense.   Given that the government can only guess how many workplaces will be safe :  1) to commute to/from at the time of job application; 2) to work in at the time of job application;    3) to commute to/from at the date of starting a job ; 4) to work in at the date of starting a job,  5) to commute to/from at the date permanent WFH is dropped; 6) to work in at the date permanent WFH is dropped,    and given that we have lost 20% of our economy, I fail to see how they can both reasonably and immediately mandate any minimum figure of jobs we must apply for whilst this virus just killed over 135 people in the UK (stats released today).  That is only down from 155 last week, and about 175 a fortnight back.   At this rate it will be another 7 weeks MINIMUM before the mortality rate is zero - if it ever reaches zero before the inevitable second wave.  
    • who has sent this 'letter of claim' come from and doe sit mention the pre action protocol and include a separate response pack? 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
planetdebt

Weightmans CCJ

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3983 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Deleted weightmans must be looking to do what they have

Edited by planetdebt
Trying to change title to try and get more responses regarding one debt being split into 4

Hi PD, first thing is to try to stay calm .I know its easier said than done, but to deal with this lot you need a clear calm head.

First thing you need to do is bang of a CCA request to Weightmans, that will then tell you what they are trying to claim on, or if they have nothing.

As for going to court without a CCA well if they try I am sure you will get loads of help from the Forum.

Thanks miffedpuppy, I will get the CCA request sent today I dint send one earlier because I didnt want aggrevate them more but from what Iv read they try all sorts like sending the CCJ forms to a previouse address so people dont receive & respond to them so that they win the CCJ case. Im trying to stay calm but the more Iv read about eos & weightmans I get more nervous.

PD

NP when you get it back, if you do, post it up on here and we can take a look at it, make sure you remove any personal info and account numbers.

You will get lots of help on here so dont worry.

Hi PD

Try not to worry...easier said than done, i know!! I was in the same position as you last year ( well worse, already had the CCJ!) and with all the help from the guys on here i managed to get mine set aside, not out of the woods yet and it gets trickier the further into the fight you get...:eek: but there is step by step help on here.

As MP has said you need to send a CCA request off asap, keep proof of posting and dont sign your name on it! The letter template you will need is in the templates section on here.

That should keep you going until the troops arrive with more knowledge!!

All the best PD..just post up with any questions and someone will help you:)

MJ

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

Please click my scales, if you feel the need;)

Thank you guys I appreciate your advice & for making me calm down a bit.

Hi PD,

You've had good advice so far... get that s78 off to weightmans asap, send it recorded delivery so they cant claim its "lost" in the post.

If this debt is for freemans and they dont have a CCA then they would be mad to issue court proceedings and you have found the right place to get advice on how to deal with this IF they issue proceedings.

Are you sure the debt isnt for anything else? I believe BGAS and other utilities use EOS, do you have a copy of your credit file? Are there any strange debts on there?

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Yep its Freemans because on the letter its says their client is eos and its for the brand name freemans

Im going to get the CCA request sent off today thank you all so much

I expec them to carry through with trying for the ccj Il just have to wait and see

Should I also send one to freemans?(CCA Request)

PD

Yep its Freemans because on the letter its says their client is eos and its for the brand name freemans

Im going to get the CCA request sent off today thank you all so much

I expec them to carry through with trying for the ccj Il just have to wait and see

Should I also send one to freemans?(CCA Request)

PD

No need, you always send to whoever is chasing for the debt last.. as its weightmans its there responsibility to pass it on to there clients :-D.

Oh and of course when they cant provide anything they will still claim the debt is owed but after the 12+2 days you can put the account in dispute and stop paying if you like, they'll trash your credit rating but its your decision.

If they treated people fairly in regards debts none of this would be necessary!

S.

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Ok thanks :) im going to get the CCA request ready now. I know that this will probably go on for a while with weightmans but I feel better now.

Cool!

dont worry too much about the CCJ, its a looooonnngggg way from that.

They need to issue court proceedings and win to get that CCJ, with CAG behind you that winning will take a lot more work than they currently think.

IMHO that letter is a scare tactic to get you paying more

S.

Deal with your debts:

Hi me again

after filling in the address, date & reference does this seem correct or do I need to add anything else like how long they have to reply.

Your Address

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.78(6) will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

Edited by planetdebt

Thanks shadow:), I hope they wont take it to court.

+1 to Shadow's last sentence, there.

What you have to remember, from this point on, is that it's only money. Debts and defualts are governed by civil law, not criminal, although some lenders and collection agencies would have you believe otherwise. They out the fear of God into people when they have no bloody right!

I have been in your position and though this site and the invaluable help I have received from its members I gained the confidence to challenge these lenders and their out-of-control heavies and stand up to the. Stick around here and pretty soon you'll be doing the same!

We're here to help.

Pleas note that s.78(6)(b) was repealled.

Yep youre right, they do try and make you feel like a criminal, can you have a look at the CCA request iv posted, do I need to add a date for them to respond to it?

Thanks for the help again:)

Pleas note that s.78(6)(b) was repealled.

sorry what does that mean should I change it to s.78(6)(b)

Thanks shadow:), I hope they wont take it to court.

Scare tactic. The most that can happen at court is that the debt will be enforced, and if you've been paying it all along on a debt plan, there is nothing they can do.

How much are you paying on this particular one?

Edited just incase DCA look at this post

Edited by planetdebt

Ok, £40 doesn't seem that bad, but are you sure you have enough to live on for food, utilities, travel, council tax? Do remember that if your situation changes you shoudl let the DMA knwo. The whole point of being ina DMP is to get out of debt, not stay in it.

Also, I have never heard of detbs being split and farmed out to separate collection agencies. Your debt balance and account numbers must match up. As Shadow says, check your credit file.

Ok, il check my credit file, my family is helping me out a bit thats how im managing so I am completely stretched but I dont have any utility payments outstanding. just the electric but they have agreed to let me pay a set amount every month & iv still got leky and they have never threatened me.

As for the DMA they wouldn take on the case unless i paid the minimum they thought would be sufficient and now this has happened they dont have anything to say.

Thanks

PS should I add the respond by date to the cca also what did you mean by the s78(b) part should I alter that.

Thanks again flyboyagain and all of you giving advice

sorry what does that mean should I change it to s.78(6)(b)

Nope, leave it at s.78(6).

(a) still applies and this states they cannot enforce the agreement whilst they dont supply the true copy requested.

Letter looks fine. No need to put a date, they know they have 12+2 working days to respond otherwise you can put the account into dispute.

S.

Deal with your debts:

Nope, leave it at s.78(6).

(a) still applies and this states they cannot enforce the agreement whilst they dont supply the true copy requested.

Letter looks fine. No need to put a date, they know they have 12+2 working days to respond otherwise you can put the account into dispute.

S.

Hi shadow, Thanks iv filled in the details now & printed it gonna go get the postal order and send it off in a bit.

Hi every1.

I sent the CCA request today. but the situation has changed it seems. I had to find out what this alleged debt was so I phone weightmans & eos up and it turns out its freemans that has sent the hole account & eos has seperated it up and sent one of the sums to weightmans!

Im afraid I may have messed things up for myself, because on the phone I didnt admit to that debt but I said I had a freemans account.

Could they use that against me :Cry:

Hi every1.

I sent the CCA request today. but the situation has changed it seems. I had to find out what this alleged debt was so I phone weightmans & eos up and it turns out its freemans that has sent the hole account & eos has seperated it up and sent one of the sums to weightmans!

Im afraid I may have messed things up for myself, because on the phone I didnt admit to that debt but I said I had a freemans account.

Could they use that against me :Cry:

It wasnt overly wise to talk to them but I can see why you have done it... just dont do it again! :-D :-D :-D everything in writing.

As to the harm, you are not claiming you didnt receive the goods or have an account... you are claiming they dont have an enforceable agreement to collect it with... without this agreement its considered a gift.

As to splitting the debt up, I'm not sure if they can do this, I've never heard of it being done before, hopefully someone else can advise on this..

S.

Deal with your debts: