Im in debt £7000

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

as far as i am aware have never been to court over this debt...plus i havent been involved in any criminal activity...

here is a scan of the letter

i trust it is safe putting this up here.

Edited by cleanprophet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this is a county court and not a crown.... and they do deal with debt matters... I've just googled them. You will need to ring them to find out what's going on, but it's starting to look more genuine now.

Unfortunately, we need more details from the court (via you) before we can help.

Hartlepool COUNTY COURT :)

My guess is that you have had a claim brought against you and that you now have a CCJ and the Court wants you to provided an income and expenditure sheet so they can decide how little you have to pay per week.

You do have to do this.

This amount is never more than you can afford.

I have printed off the copy of the letter and I notice that the main hand written part is written in RED pen.

The post script has been added in Blue pen:

"If not reported urgently, further certain token which may (emphasis) result in your arrest and 14 day prison sentence".

If it were me, I would phone the telephone number at the top of the letter:

01429 26819 quoting the Claim No: and ask for further information regarding this matter from, The Court Manager.

Once you have obtained this further information, please post up the result.

AC

sounds a bit fishy to me, OK they may have got a ccj through without the OP being aware but 14 days Prison (hand written) I would defo contact the court and ask about this statement, or better still ask for a verified copy of the letter from the court.

Could have the grounds for a very interesting counterclaim against DLC for threatening behaviour

To threaten someone with a 14 day prison sentence is a very serious thing indeed. If they have no better system in place to warn people, than a scribbled note pushed through the door, IMHO that in itself is cause for complaint.

"THE CAG IS MY SHEPHERD I SHALL NOT PAY": :lol:

i have tried ringing the number again today and its a house phone..rang the court and it seems that the bailiff is trying to deliver papers to me whcih he tried to deliver today but i am at work!!!

how do i go about complaining about dlc threatening me like this or even the guy who delivered the papers?

i have tried ringing the number again today and its a house phone..rang the court and it seems that the bailiff is trying to deliver papers to me whcih he tried to deliver today but i am at work!!!

how do i go about complaining about dlc threatening me like this or even the guy who delivered the papers?

For one reason or another, this situation has spiralled out of hand and is now with bailiffs.... which means that there must be a CCJ there which you've defaulted on (whether you knew about it or not).

Your issue is with the court right now.... liaising with DLC will not make this problem go away. If they are set on issuing papers and making threats re. prison, then you have to sort this out with the court first, including the threats that you've been subjected to.

Which bailiff? A court appointed bailiff or a company? If it's re. an attachment of earnings then I'm assuming it's a court appointed bailiff, who they need to put you in touch with instead of trying to wash their hands of the issue.

Right, the letter that was delivered to you has been signed by the Hartlepool County Court, Court manager;

Telephone Number: 01492 26819 now, the court is open until 4 p.m.

Phone the above number and quote the Claim Number as referenced on the letter. You really need to ascertain what has occured re: this claim;

court officials are not monsters and can be quite helpful;

explain the situation;

explain your concerns.

The Court will have a record about what has previously happened with the case.

There is no point in your phoning the other number today, as referenced at the bottom of the letter, as it is quite clearly stated that, the person is only available between the hours of 9.00am and 10.30am

AC

I doubt this is a baliff, more likely a court appointed server. They do ring and put letters through the door. You can't sort it out with the court until you have the papers. The number when googled comes up with Hartlepool county court. Servers do work very restricted hours re field work (bizarly) so keep ringing the number and arrrange to be in at a suitable time for them (unless you want to meet them at work). I know it's galling, but if the server is unable to serve you, then things can progress without you and that would be worse. TBH the threats etc whilst unpleasant are not really the issue at hand right now. The prison threat probably only relates to not submitting documentation by a date but the date won't be set until you're served. I would say it's unusual and someone ahs paid to ahve you served - it's not cheap, even using the court server.

i spoke to the bailiff and he told me it was an income expenditure form on behalf of dlc....i asked him to post it and he said no..only update i have people..thanks everybody you all have been so helpful!!!

This is very odd. If he is a court appointed server then he has to serve you. That can mean coming to your work if you request or meeting you somewhere else. It's not up to you to contact a DCA or go to the courts. This is also something that the courts would be happy to send you. I would call the court as per angry cat's pot above and see if you can't get to the bottom of this because this does't sound normal at all and could (stress could) be another DCA 'ply' in which case...let us know!