Community Care Grant! No fixed address!

Ludichris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am just hoping someone can help with some info.

I do not have a fixed address, and at the moment I am sleeping at different friend address every few until I manage to get myself a property sorted out (which hopefully will be soon).

Can I still apply for a community care grant? I know I don`t have my own property just yet, but seen as I do not have a stable address and hopefully soon (I have been apply for private rented flats through agents so just waiting till I get a response from them).

I am claiming JSA at the moment to.

Any info will very much appreciated!

Thank You!

i would think so just explain in your application that you are sleeping at friends etc,ive just applied but its been a while now bout 4-5 weeks still not heard if we gt it but only had one earlier on in the year so not sure if you are allowed a few or just one as a one off,i think you prob be best asking for crisis loan or budgting loan...its just u have to wait a while and it may not benefit u if u need now but u will not lose anything ny applying go for it

If the CCG is to furnish a new tenancy you won't receive a CCG at the moment. They will refuse your application as a tenancy agreement needs to be provided if that is the purpose for which you require a CCG.

If it is not for furnishing a tenancy then yes you can apply but you will need to provide a correspondance address where they can send relevant info.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

If the CCG is to furnish a new tenancy you won't receive a CCG at the moment. They will refuse your application as a tenancy agreement needs to be provided if that is the purpose for which you require a CCG.

If it is not for furnishing a tenancy then yes you can apply but you will need to provide a correspondance address where they can send relevant info.

Does this mean that if I appeal against a decision and put my tenancy agreement with it along with reasons why I think it's wrong, could I be granted it?

I've just been turned down for one yet I am 18 weeks pregnant and have no double bed, cooker or three peice suite in my new house?

A CCG carries no right of appeal. It carries a right to review, though. It's not as straightforward as having a tenancy agreement though, it would depend on the reasons they refused your claim.....why was your claim declined?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)