• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Concerned v MBNA

rondodiver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do not give up this point , if they have hiked your rate knowing that they did not have a executable agreement they have given you stress and worry without any concern.

They still have a duty to comply with your CCA request

Have you confirmed to them that they are still in default having not supplied the executed agreement. Or was dropping this action part of the settlement?

If not and they continue to ignore this you can submit the Subject Access Request although you must allow 40 Days for reply

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropping the action was purely my decision and has no bearing on the FOS adjudication, I have reminded and several occasions of the default and have not had a single reply whatsoever to any CCA request or even the CPR31.16 letters. I think if I am to continue I have to do the subject access thing and find out what they have once and for all.

The CPR31.16 stance is on my understanding only comes into play following the start of Court proceedings. Many of the experts on the site will advise oyu on this. The SAR is your right under the Data Protection Act and will certainly reinforce your case.

A lot of people on the site are receiving microfiche copies of Agreements which are showing many errors which may seem to point to constructive use of technology. Again a search will point you to thie best threads.There seems to be a distinct possibility that any delay on producing your agreement indicates the Card Company now realise that this constructive manipulation will be found out. So push for the documents that are your right.

Best of luck and do me a favour can you ask any one you know who may have MBNA accounts if they have any knowledge of rebranding to Bof A

Hi ronddodiver

I recently received my CCA from mbna, I too have my account dated from 1997, What I received was an application form, single sided with noneof the required terms under the 1974 act and no referal to other documents in the body of the application form. As it stands mbna don't have even stumps of legs to stand on, I suspect you've got the same thing.

Hi unredacted

I'm guessing they dont have the CCA but do not have any proof or any aknowledgement whatsoever. And likewise suspect even the stumps would not support them :-) Even if they had sent through some mock up that would have been a start as I could have something to fight or challenge but the lack of any response puts me at a disadvantage as I have nothing to challenge so I suppose I have to sit and wait something I am not very good at. They have already started to trash my credit file and am expecting more brown stuff heading in my direction not really sure what to do next

Hi,

If, as you say, you have requested the CCA and they have not responded within the time allowed (12 + 2 days I believe), have you written back putting the account into dispute?

If not, then I'd suggest that as the first step along the way. Send the letter using 1st Class, signed for post. You can then get proof that they have received the letter even if they don't respond to it.

Don't give up the fight.

:!:Don't believe them! The wool they try to pull over your eyes is 50% cotton. :!:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Usaname

Yes account was put into dispute at the end of July and various reminders sent still have not recieved anything at all. I am convinced now they dont have anything otherwise I guess they would have sent something.

Update I have got all the extorniate interest back and thats reduced the balance so a bonus there.

Regarding the address do you think as mentioned in the posts above using the Abbey Credit Card address would make a difference they have been signed for BTW

Thanks

Hi RondoDiver

Although using the Abbey Card address and them being signed for etc, I think they could also use it as a cop out for going astray. Use this address for all correspondence:

MBNA Europe Bank Ltd

Customer Advocate Office

Stansfield House

Chester Business Park

CHESTER

Cheshire

CH4 9WW

You have been patient and kept at it for so long, don't let them start getting to you now, nail the buggers. Onwards and upwards. Yes, lord knows how they can grind you down and stress you down, its all down to tactics and stealth. Fight fire with fire mate. Print off all the letters you have sent, stipulate they have had them before and signed for them, stick them all in an envelope to them at the address above (recorded delivery) again.

Amber

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Amber

Thanks for that I intend to pick this up again after I have made sure the little ones have a good xmas. Dont need this taking up brain space till then.

They still haven't sent anything through from when I posted to the other address, but as you rightly say that could be their cop out, They did get me down for a while, but back now and will fight back with all guns blazing in the new year.

Rondo

• 5 weeks later...

Afternoon all

Well received a letter this morning saying they need more time as the account was purchased from another lender sometime ago and will be contacting them for the agreement I suppose, this after 7 months of waiting, how long do they need ? :-). Had the usual blurb about a case and I should continue paying (would have thought they knew what was happening as I am still paying anyway). We shall wait and see what happens next.

Hi All

I have now read and re-read this letter very carefully, they mention a case McGuffick vs RBS and had a look at this and could not see the point they were trying to make about "continuing to make payments even in the absence of the agreement" any ideas anyone ?, Secondly I am now of the thinking that they do not have the agreement, and I have come to that conclusion because again in the letter they state "the account was bought from another lender some time ago" and haven't named that other lender, I suspect they realise that they also won't get the agreement from them either. Will keep you posted

• 5 months later...

Morning all

Well still nothing seince the last letter from these muppets, it has been over a year now since my request and they still haven't complied or even complied with the letter above.

Think it time to up the stakes now , not sure what I am going to do but first I am going to send a letter recored delivery reminding them of their obligations

Any suggestions wouldn't go amiss. Thanks for looking

Are you still making payments to the account ? If so then that's why they've gone to ground..........if you aren't making payments i'd guess that they don't have an enforceable cca and/or you don't show up as having a mortgage and being a house owner.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for that Blueotter

Yes I have been making payments to the account so I guess your right, However they have now rehiked the interest rate back to 34.9% for no apparent reason even though I had opted out of any increases according to their guidelines also they did not even send a letter notifying the chaneg so I guess that is also a breach. I have spoken to them this morning and basically I may as well have smashed my head off a brickwall so it looks like the fight is back on and pretty much told them that wrongly or rightly.

I am now stopping payments and going to remind them of their obligations regarding the CCA even though they haven't replied since June 2009 and from when they acknolowdged they were actuall trying to get it from another lender in January 2010 so my guess is now they really dont have it we shall see. Time for a big fight me thnks

Hi Rondodiver

In the Mcguffick judgement The biased judge in this case ruled that sending your data toCRAs and employing DCAs did not amount to enforcement so the creditor can do what he pleases, this same judge ruled that because the CCA could not be found did not mean it did not exist therefore you duties under this non existant agreement were not liquidated so you should continue paying the debt.

Another biased judgement is Carey where this judge ruled that it was not necessary to provide a copy of the original agreement and a construction was acceptable even if this construction came from more than one source for the banks to meet the requirement to provide a copy of an agreement

• 1 year later...

Hi All

Well up until now I have been trying to service this problem and to some extent succeeding, however since the increase in payments i.e 1% + Interest this has made it unmanagaeable and my priority is my family therefore I managed to negotiate an arrangement and this resulted in the interest rate being reduce to c. 3.8% per annum on the assumption I pay a fixed amount each month which would be manageable. However on reading the terms it means an Arrangement to Pay will be lodged with the CRA and this will last for 5 years while paying and 6 years thereafter. I already know they dont have a CCA I was wondering if I offered a settlement would that be a better option. Really could do with some opinions so that I can weigh up all my options, the arrangement screws me for 11 years whilst a default / short settlement is only 6 years any thoughts please.