Concerned v MBNA

rondodiver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Just a quick question I seem to have had a missed call from Global Vantedge (Aegis), thats what a search of the number tells me, however is this lot part of MBNA or a seperate company. Reason I ask is that I have had no notification or anything from the MBNA telling me anything

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

Well still no cca from these people, heyho, not expecting much else right now. Had a call from the FSO last week and seems like they are going to rule in my favour about the interest rate which would be good if they do, will know by end of next week. However since then MBNA have stepped up a gear and I got a letter first one for weeks threatening impending default. I am going to send a 4th reminder about the cca and also now going to send the 2nd CPR letter and see what happens next.

Hi All

Well still no cca from these people, heyho, not expecting much else right now. Had a call from the FSO last week and seems like they are going to rule in my favour about the interest rate which would be good if they do, will know by end of next week. However since then MBNA have stepped up a gear and I got a letter first one for weeks threatening impending default. I am going to send a 4th reminder about the cca and also now going to send the 2nd CPR letter and see what happens next.

Hi Rondodiver

Don't forget when MBNA Default you, which they will at the end of the day make sure you save the enverlope with the default notice.

That will be vital when or if it ever ends up in Court.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz have been keeping envelopes and such now for a while but will certainly be vigilant with this one. I am also not expecting it to get to that stage assuming FSO rule in my favour, allthough that will then throw up a different set of decisions, i.e do I carry on etc.

I may be wrong here but I think this has now been passed to another department as the phone calls are only now from a private number. So I do not know who is actually calling.

Still nothing regarding CCA so time to definately send the 2nd CPR letter then I think I will need some help / advice for the N244 form to force them to send the agreement. Hopefully will have some positive news from FOS shortly.

Hi rondoiver

You may need to send them a 3rd letter, giving them 7 days to comply.

Probably also get intouch with OFT as well, explaining your case and see what they say.

Just to let you know i won my case in Court on Monday against (MBNA/Howard Cohen/CL Finance).

Gaz

Well done Gaz that is great news, as a matter of interest what card brand was it (Abbey etc)?.

I have drafted 2 further letters A) a reminder for the CCA request and B) Letter no:2 for the CPR approach giving them a further 14 days to comply, after that I don't think I have any other option but to start the N244 process. They have totaly ignored any request to date so frustrating.

Well done Gaz that is great news, as a matter of interest what card brand was it (Abbey etc)?.

I have drafted 2 further letters A) a reminder for the CCA request and B) Letter no:2 for the CPR approach giving them a further 14 days to comply, after that I don't think I have any other option but to start the N244 process. They have totaly ignored any request to date so frustrating.

Hi Rondodver

The one in Court was a Abbey/MBNA, the other card that got struck out a few weeks back was just a normal MBNA card.

Gaz

Good Morning All

Well still no responses from these people so I have now sent the 2nd CPR letter. Time now to get the N244 completed and ready for sending in 14 days time, think I should have only given them an extra 7 but thought I would make a big point of showing that I have been reasonable throughout this whole process. Could do with some pointers on completion if anybody has gone down this route before. Thanks

Had a letter from FOS today and as a result I have been informed that the interest rate hike will be put back to its previous level and all charges of interest recalculated. Its only taken a year to get this far but a result of sorts.

Hi All

Dilema time as above all the extortionate interest will be returned to me and the account back to the position it was in last year, now my dilema is do I continue down this route and deal another blow. Or do I give in and possibly let them do this again (I think I know my answer) but thoughts / opinions would be most welcome.

Sorry to be a pain really could do with a little help obviousley quite scary getting the threat of legal action from optima, just reading through the letter they say I should send any correspondence to Chester. So should I send another reminder of account in dispute letter to Chester or Optima or both ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Everything has gone suprisingly quiet for now, not sure why, maybe there regrouping :D to see what they can do next. Still no show of the CCA or any more threats. I have not used the registered address, but the one on top of all the letters I have ever receeved, would that make a difference to this.

I have had replies to my complaints in which I used the same address as above so I feel that shouldn't be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

No change to the situation, still no response to my CCA request, and still the phone calls continue albeit I block them so this does not worry me. What does worry me tho is as above I used this address for all my communications

Abbey Credit Card

Chester Business Park

Chester

Having used this address would this make a difference and do I need to start again ?

I have postponed the CPR 31.16 request for now until I can be sure this will or wont make a difference

Well decided to throw the towel in and have started paying again as they have refunded all the extornionate interest also I cant deal with this stress anymore and really cannot risk taking them to court and incurring more debt if I lose.

Hi ronddodiver

I recently received my CCA from mbna, I too have my account dated from 1997, What I received was an application form, single sided with noneof the required terms under the 1974 act and no referal to other documents in the body of the application form. As it stands mbna don't have even stumps of legs to stand on, I suspect you've got the same thing.