• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

DLC are informing Social Workers-please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Honeypot - Dont listen to them - they cant do it.

And dont answer the phone to them - do the telephone harrasment complaint letter and report their conversation.

On your mobile:-

Leave it to ring itself to death and stop. Check the number on:

Phone Call Comments (Whocallsme.com)

If its a DCA, add it to your Contacts, Create a Group in your mobile called Plonkers (or something appropriate), set the Group ringtone to none and no vibrate - then add the DCA contact to the Group.

Bingo - everytime a call comes in from that number (and all the rest you have put in the group) from here on in - silent & not vibrating :p You can then make a note of the amount of calls you ahve had from them, to your records.

Peace and quiet - which you well deserve :p

Edited by Gixer1100
Expand on reason for leaving caller active

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bless you everyone. I feel less shaky now. Everytime the phone rings or someone knocks at the door I get nervous.

When I go to court and they mention it to the judge will that go against me?

Vicky

xxx

I would also seek to get a copy of there call recordings, that's if they recorded them.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

A disgrace to talk to you like that honeypot.

They are sinking to a new kind of low I didnt think would have been possible.

Just shows how hard their lives are these days, thanks in no small part to the good people of CAG! :p

As has been said, they cant mention that to the judge or they would end up with a charge of blackmail against them!

However, if it is ever raised again (you can only pray they are stupid enough to put it in a letter to you!) keep this record as evidence to use against them.

NEVER speak to them on the phone again, its your right not to.

Well done for not falling into their trap!

meerkat x

If in the event that anyone applied for a CCJ against you only facts relevant to their claim will be entertained. Besides, given your circumstances any Judge would only make an order which he thought you could reasonably afford to pay after looking at your I&E...this could be as little as £1 per month. That is why creditors & DCAs are loathed to take people to court in such circumstances. They try to bleed you dry first with tactics they've tried with you.

Bless you everyone. I feel less shaky now. Everytime the phone rings or someone knocks at the door I get nervous.

Vicky

xxx

Errrr you wont go to a court.....DCA's threaten court all the time, fact is none of the fools will go anywhere near the place as it will cost them money to do so & wont be worth their while just to get back £1 per month after all your essential outgoings are catered for.

Thats why these rogues rely on threats & saying the most outrageous things in order to get you to pay up. :mad:

I would even suggest that ALL caggers get the number of this DCA, ring them up & give them a piece of our minds :-x

Please try to record them - In the meantime do as suggested report them to all & sundry - Also report them to the Police who may on this occasion take action against these cretins for criminal harassment & attempted fraud or at least make inquiries which may frighten them off

They really are the pits & this ain't the 1st time I've heard of this happening

If it happens again PM me I know a good solicitor who'll gladly contact these muppets & put the fear of God into them & it' won't cost you a penny

Hi Mr Ton

When I spoke with them they said because my level of debt is very high compared to my income and token offer plus agreement is enforceable they have no choice but apply for a CCJ and a charging order.

If I agree to a charging order they will not tell social services.

Vicky

xxxx

Vicky

xxx

That's the last thing they'll mention to the Judge cos if they did I suspect the Judge would be furious - He/She may even pass the file to the police & the OFT

Hi Mr Ton

When I spoke with them they said because my level of debt is very high compared to my income and token offer plus agreement is enforceable they have no choice but apply for a CCJ and a charging order.

Vicky

xxxx

gets worse and worse.absolute bull:-x

with mr ton on this lets all bloody phone them

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Hi Mr Ton

Vicky

xxxx

They WHAT this gets worse by the minute That's undoubtedly blackmail get down to the local nick now & don't be fobbed off with "it's a civil matter" attempting to extort money is not a civil matter it's a crime

Also see if you can see a local legal aid solicitor & tell them what's happened cos any solicitor worth his/her salt will be just a furious as we are & take great pleasure in telling this lot where to go:-x

Because I have very little left they indicated that my children could suffer and social services may be informed and also the school they attend so she said I need to look at ways of raising my income which I will struggle to do.

What a bunch of BAST@RDS. Obviously you are paying them too much if they think you cannot support your kids.

YOU MUST report these **** to your MP.

They are not fit to hold a dog licence let alone a Consumer Credit Licence:-x:-x:-x:-x

Hi Mr Ton

Vicky

xxxx

Its in your interests if they do actually get a CCJ as that way the whole thing is taken out of their hands & you then deal with the court, which is all official & proper/whats in your best interests/based on your ability to pay etc....not like with these rogues.

Reality is like i said, that they threaten all sorts that never actually happens - all DCA's are renound for it.

The social services thing is bang out of order regardless & that should be reported to every authority in the land. :mad:

Vicky

xxx

NO but you could tell the Judge they attempted to blackmail you by saying that if you didn't agree to a charging order they would get your children taken into care

The support on here is awe inspiring xxxx

I am going to complain. Is there any templates for this complaint?

JonChris-when you next speak to your friend who is a solicitor please can you ask if it is law that social services cant take my kids because of my debt

Bless you all

Vicky

xxxx

xxxx

Hi Mr Ton

Vicky

xxxx

Vicky, please don't panic! Do not agree to anything that this bunch of cretins offers you!! You pay what you can and want to pay... and no more!!! They can't get a charging order against you unless you default on a CCJ..... and as has been said before, in the very unlikely event that this bunch of cretins did get a CCJ, the amount you would pay would be set by the Judge and could be as little as £1 per month!!

As has been said, these lowlife b******s will tell no end of bullsh*t to you just to get what they want!

Thankyou everyone.

I am a good mum and love my children more than anything. I just dont have any money to treat them to things which is all my fault.

I'm sorry but I had to post something in relation to this:

I'm in my mid-20's and when I was growing up my parents struggled with Debts and we didn't have much money and we didn't always have the nicest or newest things.... but I can tell you something for nothing; I was far far far happier than many of my school pals, many of which were bought anything they wanted... but the one thing they were not given was the love and attention of their parents; something that I had in abundance!!

Now I'm in my mid-20's and, I like to think, I have turned out just fine! I am going away to university to hopefully get a good job and ensure that some day I can repay my parents for what they have always done for me. It is not about how much is spent; it's about the thought and love behind it that is important!

Money does not make a good family or a good parent, love and compassion and attention do!!

I'm certain that you are a fantastic mother and that you love your children with every single bit of your soul; this is why when your kids grow up they will look back with fond memories, just as I do with my childhood, and will be thankful for what you did give them; because that's what is the most important thing!!

^^ I'm sorry for the long post, but your post and this thread have touched a nerve and a heartstring and I really think it is important that you take control back from these horrible people and assert your authority... you are in charge of this situation NOT THEM!!

Edited by UnitedFront

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

This is quite disgraceful. In my view, this is a breach of CPUTR, OFT Guidance and I think it also amounts to harassment, because it is behaviour clearly designed to create an intimidating atmosphere.

Honeypot - you must report this appalling behaviour, and you must do it at once.

I would be very happy to draft some letters to the appropriate people. Please let me know if you would like help with this.

In the meantime, do not, in any circumstances, speak to DLC on the phone.

Before you forget, write down as much detail of the call as you can - the time, if the caller gave a name, exactly what was said.

Just read this thread and my mouth dropped open!!

I have been trying to assist Honeypot over the last few days, as she is in dispute with Egg/DLC and;

Now this Happens???

What ar DLC like!

I am absolutely disgusted and so sad for Honeypot.

AC