Philips: wont stop texting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This sounds like a clear case of harassment.

It sounds like they are harassing you to get you to pay more, possibly more than you can afford and if you have other creditors, more than their share

If they don't know what message they are sending you, how do they know that it is appropriate?

Just because they agreed this with the original creditor, it doesn't make it fair, right or not harassment!

Have you contacted the OC? After all, Philips are saying that they are doing this following their instructions. Maybe you should contact the head of the housing benefit dept daily asking why they are doing this.

You have contacted them and attempted to set up a repayment plan.

Contact the housing benefit people and tell them that you are trying to make repayments but Philips are being unco-operative, that you are offering as much as you can afford but Philips are refusing to accept the offer and are harassing you, apparently at their request. Try to get them to accept payment directly.

This is a violation of the OFT guidance on debt collection

Physical / psychological harassment

pressurising debtors to pay in full or in unreasonably large instalments

Deceptive or unfair methods

failing to refer on to the creditor reasonable offers to pay by instalments

I would make a formal complaint to them in writing. Ask for a copy of their complaints procedure.

You could also make a complaint to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct.

Emailed the financial team at my local council last night and got a reply back from them today They consider £5 perfectly acceptable per month to pay back the money and don't need the financial statement to back up my situation. Philips are now "on hold" and I can pay the council directly They didn't comment on Philip's practices though so i'll chase that up with them later. Thanks for the help everyone

Emailed the financial team at my local council last night and got a reply back from them today They consider £5 perfectly acceptable per month to pay back the money and don't need the financial statement to back up my situation. Philips are now "on hold" and I can pay the council directly They didn't comment on Philip's practices though so i'll chase that up with them later. Thanks for the help everyone

Thats good to hear.

I would still inform the Chief Executive of your council, the problems you have experinced with Philips, also inform the OFT.

The retailers worst nightmare !