maribrwn -v- NatWest

maribrwn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've recently been robbed of my whole salary and NatWest still want more!

I've tried negotiating with to try and get some of my money to live on plus transportation to work but they won't budge and haven't offered any way out except take more money off me from my next salary; but tough!! because I've opened another account for my August salary so that I can be in charge of my money.

I have received a complaint form from the Financial Ombudsman Service but don't know if this is worth a try. Has anyone been down this route?

I'm really not sure where to start but I have my last six months statements from on-line and I've noted £1,739.68 in charges up to last Saturday 29/07/06. I'd like to request all of my statements from the start of my account. - It this best done in writing enclosing their fee for this?

So far I haven't had much luck with phone calls.

The Collections dept were quite pushy and rude with me over the phone a couple of weeks ago and wanted me to borrow some money from a friend of relative. Their suggestion was that if someone would be willing to pay any amount from £332 to £1200 they would phone them and get the money paid straight into my account. I couldn't think of anybody and the guy from Collections never phoned back.

As I said before, I'm really not sure where to start so if writing to NW requesting past statements is a good place to start, should I use one of the letter templates?

Thanks

Mari

Welcome.

Yes the DPA request in the bank template library

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there's a Step by Step guide here too). You may want to print these out to refer to later

Then look at other threads in your bank's forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything.

There's a lot to take in, but it's time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank's forum and post your progress and any questions there and you'll get plenty of help

Lots of info and links here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/20211-newcomer-then-please-feel.html

Good luck

Hi

I have been through the process with help from this wonderful website. Thanks to all. I sent the standard letter to natwest requesting statements for the last 6 years and received them within 5 days. Albeit in a tatty torn brown envelope. If you use the templates at each stage and keep track of dates letters are sent you will be fine. I sent my first request for refund on 30th June and have filed my court claim online with 12 days left to go!! Good luck.

Isobel

Hunbun;)

They count whether you get to court or not, and you won't. If you can work out your charges from statements/online banking you don't need to send the DPA request, straight to the prelim letter.

Remember to print them off though.

Hi,

I've received yet another letter from NatWest Birmingham Collections, saying they have been trying to phone me; return my cheque book and servicecard which I did on 29/07/06. Are they just stalling?

The letter then says, "It is important to note that if the position is not resolved within the next seven days formal regulatory notices will be issued in accordance with the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act." blah blah

As I have spoken to 'Collections' on 4 occasions, once via my branch,and I realise this is a computer generated letter, is this something I should respond to regarding the 'formal regulatory notices' or should I just carry on getting my case together?

Thanks

Hi

Yes, I took them into my branch on 29/07/06, as requested by Collections. The branch spoke to Collections on my behalf to try and make an arrangement but they didn't want to know.

Guest NATTIE

My gut feeling says the branch should have put a note on the account that the cards and books had been destroyed. I thought that originally. The letter would have been to a point computer generated in that they would have used a template and your name and address put in and the person who sent it to you having to put their name and position under the signature. Just an additional edit, I mean their job role not their physical position!

Hi Natweststaffmember,

Thank you for your advice. There was no name to the letter by the way - just a scribbled signature and I replied by fax basically saying 'get your facts right, update your records and get off my back'. I have requested the statements I cannot find to get ready for the next stage. Regards Mari