boo vs HSBC

Boobaby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Joined this site yesterday - wow! Been completely blown away with the amount of information - free!! The number of helpful sites posted - free!! Contact details - free!! and no charges - free!! I love it!!!!

Actually joined with real name as user, changed that PDQ.. thus entering another post etc...

I have compiled all outstanding charges from HSBC thankfully I had all statements:-) not :sad:.

A couple of questions if that's okay.

1. HSBC - I have done a spreadsheet of outstanding charges and they total - £2764.00 (can't believe that much incurred over three years!!) Do I now go straight to the initial request letter or should I still submit the DP letter first?

2. Halifax - I closed this account more than three years ago due to the excessive charges, time scales when cashing cheques etc. etc. Can I now go back to the Halifax and carry out the claiming process with them. what's the process regarding getting statements? DP letter etc? Can't believe I destroyed all their statements 6 months ago:evil: .

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Cillitbanger. I feel such a novice on here hopefully that will change. Couple more things:

1. Do I still request the statements from HSBC when I already have them going back to when the account was opened. As stated earlier I have done a spreadsheet using the library spreadsheet template to do this and have worked out that they owe me £2764?

2. Halifax account has been closed for more than three years. Do I now go straight for the DPA sending it to a. some Customer Services somehere b. my local branch or do I go into the Halifax with my £10 and request the statements? Sorry to be a pain everyone. I've read everything I can possibly read on this site the last two days - my son thinks I've lost the plot and my mind and also thinks I'll lose the claims. Lovely lad, 22 year old student who thinks that no one is able to take on the big boys but he'll reinstate my sanityand question his own when I wave the cheque and a possible bonus for him in his face!! Anyway I digress as stated I have read everything I can possibly read I have seen some great advice from everyone using the site but just need to build up my confidence and reassure myself that what I am doing is sooooo right!!

;) Boobaby

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

Thanks Michael, been sifting round the site for an address to send Halifax DPA too... you're a treasure.

Just to let everyone know I have just completed the template first request letter to the HSBC and printed the schedule of charges to go with it. I am sooooo excited but reeeeeeeeeally nervous. (Get a grip woman!!) Will be posting this registered post on Monday. Good luck to me and everyone else who is trying to recoup some rip off amount. I now have very square eyes, my dog is sitting on my feet with his legs crossed and his lead in his mouth, think he's trying to tell me something?? - Get a life and get off this wonderful, amazing site!!!!!!

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Hi could anyone please let me know the following:

I am putting a claim in for charges for two accounts with the Halifax. I have incurred charges on both accounts which were closed in November of 2003 what I want to know is:

1. Would it seem reasonable to claim from August 2000 to November 2003 or should the start date be later/earlier?

2. Do I claim for both sets of statements at the same time using the same letter or should they be seperate?

3. Do I have to make fee payments of £10 each - totalling £20?

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

1. I thought that was the case with regarding the claim time, I wasn't trying to claim for an earlier date I just wondered if August was late enough etc...

2. I would have thought they would be less that £5,000 so 1 claim it is.

3. Just checking around now and it seems that Halifax only charge a £5 fee?

BTW - Do you feel like you've been on this site all day??

I have done no cleaning, I have a mountain of ironing and my kitchen looks like a bomb has dropped, yet I've been stuck here all day!!! I did however manage to drag my dog out a couple of times only because I thought he would have bitten my leg off otherwise!

Love reading everyone's story's - it's like peaking into someone's diary...

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Prelim letter sent today recorded delivery to HSBC - £2786 for three years worth of charges, how disgusting is that almost a £1000 per year. Do need to manage my money better however.

Also sent DPA to Halifax for previous three years for two accounts - we live in hope (I am a little frightened though).

Thanks for the support!!

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

• 2 weeks later...
Prelim letter sent today recorded delivery to HSBC - £2786 for three years worth of charges, how disgusting is that almost a £1000 per year. Do need to manage my money better however.

Also sent Data Protection Act to Halifax for previous three years for two accounts - we live in hope (I am a little frightened though).

Thanks for the support!!

Not a word from the HSBC - just prepared the next round of paperwork, so if nothing received Monday morning this will be in the post Monday afternoon recorded delivery. Quick that 14 days went!!!:o

Just want to check two points -

1. prelim letter sent 7th August when stating 14 days should it be 14 days from the date you sent it or the date they supposedly received it which should have been the 8th?

2. Just confirming that it is consecutive 14 days and not 14 working days? Having said that if they want something from me they say 10 days or whatever and don't take out the weekend of bank holidays!!

Boo

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

I've done everything I'm supposed to do and tried to to prepare well in advance. I just need some advice now please...

When I sent the prelim letter I enclosed a schedule of charges which included interest (not the 8%) but the interest listed on my statements.

I have prepared the LBA as no response and am attaching another schedule of charges - correct to date yes?

I was reading other threads on here and thought I'd be super efficient as HSBC seem to be allowing things to go to listing for court stage, so downloaded another spreadsheet which calculates the 8%, which I've completed, the only problem I now have is:

1. Should I have included the original interest charges (those listed on my statement)?

2. If so where are they shown on the second spread sheet which calculates the 8% of the penalty charges??

Boo:(

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Could someone please give me some advice on last posting - thanks.

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Could someone please give me some advice on last posting - thanks.

Please could someone come back to me - thanks Boo

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

1.No, because not all the interest listed in your statements is claimable. Only interest that relates to your charges. You need to use the advanced spreadsheet in the bank template library to work this out.

2. This is automatically shown and worked out on a separate page in the advanced s/s. The simple spreadsheet is only for charges.

Thanks Michael had a feeling it was wrong, will send amended simple spreadsheet with LBA today, hope that won't hinder my claim!! They're gonna think I'm a right muppet!

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Hi, I'm all a bit new tothis and have been reading lots of advice etc, I would also like to start reclaiming bank charges from HSBC, however you may think I am being really dum, but do I send the Data Protection letter to head office or the branch where my account is held?

Thanks

Sarahpaz

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks for the support & good luck (not that you will need it either!) & with regards to being naughty financially believe me i thought i was the worst person at balancing money but after reading all the threads on here i've realised that a lot of people are in the same boat through no fault of their own, sometimes it's what life throws at you.......

Here's to the future & getting back what's rightfully ours x

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks for the support & good luck (not that you will need it either!) & with regards to being naughty financially believe me i thought i was the worst person at balancing money but after reading all the threads on here i've realised that a lot of people are in the same boat through no fault of their own, sometimes it's what life throws at you.......

Here's to the future & getting back what's rightfully ours x

Electra - keep in touch and let me know what's happening - please. It's great having all these people to help isn't it?

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Hi, I'm all a bit new tothis and have been reading lots of advice etc, I would also like to start reclaiming bank charges from HSBC, however you may think I am being really dum, but do I send the Data Protection letter to head office or the branch where my account is held?

Thanks

Sarahpaz

Hi there

First things first set up a new thread of your own so that the site can monitor your progress and assist you with your questions.

Make sure you read everything you can - especially the FAQ's.

From my own experience this is how I started with the HSBC

1. Get all your statements together going back 6 years, if you haven't got your statements and you bank online - you are able to get copies online with the HSBC. If not send a DPA letter to HSBC, I sent mine to head Office addressed to Head of Customer Relations, HSBC, Level 36, 8 Canada Square, London, E14 5HQ.

Hope this helps...

Boo

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

i've realised that a lot of people are in the same boat through no fault of their own, sometimes it's what life throws at you.......

That is SOOOOO true from Electra, but this....

"The wolves are not just at the door but they've got their paws in through the letter box!!"

... is so good that I've got to find a way to use it somewhere :D Brilliant!!! :D

I'm just busy getting my teeth into HSBC - a slow start by comparison to some, but I'm on my way.

Nice to meet you ladies :)

Nice to meet you too hun! Where are you at?

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

I got clobbered with charges on both bank account and credit cards from HSBC (over a long period up to 2003). They milked me for every penny they could get and since a lot of the charges are over 6-years I'm trying to do the 6-year period for ALL my accounts in one go [with perhaps a re-visit later for earlier ;) ]

The full sorry story is on TaylorMade v HSBC, but my delay is in getting my credit card figures together :(

You however (young lady) seem to be suffering from the same 'internet forum' addiction that I had when I discovered my first forum. (This is my second ;)) Take that poor pooch out for it's last 'business' of the day. (I'm about to do that with our 9.5 year old yorkshire terrier :)

The full sorry story is on TaylorMade v HSBC, but my delay is in getting my credit card figures together :(

You however (young lady) seem to be suffering from the same 'internet forum' addiction that I had when I discovered my first forum. (This is my second ;)) Take that poor pooch out for it's last 'business' of the day. (I'm about to do that with our 9.5 year old yorkshire terrier :)

Young lady... I wish!! I will pop into your thread and have a look so how your doing/done.

Boo

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s