• Tweets

• Please see my comments on your post in red
    • Thanks for your reply, I have another 3 weeks before the notice ends. I'm also concerned because the property has detoriated since I've been here due to mould, damp and rusting (which I've never seen in a property before) rusty hinges and other damage to the front door caused by damp and mould, I'm concerned they could try and charge me for damages? As long as you've documented and reported this previously you'll have a right to challenge any costs. There was no inventory when I moved in, I also didn't have to pay a deposit. Do an inventory when you move out as proof of the property's condition as you leave it. I've also been told that if I leave before a possession order is given I would be deemed intentionally homeless, is this true? If you leave, yes. However, Your local council has a legal obligation to ensure you won't be left homeless as soon as you get the notice. As stated before, you don't have to leave when the notice expires if you haven't got somewhere else to go. Just keep paying your rent as normal. Your tenancy doesn't legally end until a possession warrant is executed against you or you leave and hand the keys back. My daughter doesn't live with me, I'd likely have medical priority as I have health issues and I'm on pip etc. Contact the council and make them aware then.      
    • extension? you mean enforcement. after 6yrs its very rare for a judge to allow enforcement. it wont have been sold on, just passed around the various differing trading names the claimant uses.    
    • You believe you have cast iron evidence. However, all they’d have to do to oppose a request for summary judgment is to say “we will be putting forward our own evidence and the evidence from both parties needs to be heard and assessed by a judge” : the bar for summary judgment is set quite high! You believe they don't have evidence but that on its own doesn't mean they wouldn't try! so, its a high risk strategy that leaves you on the hook for their costs if it doesn't work. Let the usual process play out.
    • Ok, I don't necessarily want to re-open my old thread but I've seen a number of such threads with regards to CCJ's and want to ask a fairly general consensus on the subject. My original CCJ is 7 years old now and has had 2/3 owners for the debt over the years since with varying level of contact.  Up to last summer they had attempted a charging order on a shared mortgage I'm named on which I defended that action and tried to negotiate with them to the point they withdrew the charging order application pending negotiations which we never came to an agreement over.  However, after a number of communication I heard nothing back since last Autumn barring an annual generic statement early this year despite multiple messages to them since at the time.  at a loss as to why the sudden loss of response from them. Then something came through from this site at random yesterday whilst out that I can't find now with regards to CCJ's to read over again.  Now here is the thing, I get how CCJ's don't expire as such, but I've been reading through threads and Google since this morning and a little confused.  CCJ's don't expire but can be effectively statute barred after 6 years (when in my case was just before I last heard of the creditor) if they are neither enforced in that time or they apply to the court within the 6 years of issue to extend the CCJ and that after 6 years they can't really without great difficulty or explanation apply for a CCJ extension after of the original CCJ?.  Is this actually correct as I've read various sources on Google and threads that suggest there is something to this?.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Capquest 'CCJ' letter re Cap1 debt - Northern Ireland

theshuffler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thats the truth ODC , I suppose im looking for proof that it wasnt an "error" i know and you know we all know it goes on , though that doesnt prove it , i would like to stand in front of a judge and tell them its mass abuse of the system , with figures to back it up.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a request under the Freedom of Information Act requsting details of how many Judgements were issued against people with a BT postcode may well be the way to go. If Crapqust had obtained more than one of these then that in my opinion would prove abuse of the system. They cant play the error card or the stupid card. They after all are the so called professionals

Great Idea ODC as usual . Way above my head though , have looked at their website and dont even know where to start, cant see if joe public can use it , if it costs and if so how much , how to request etc

Edited by theshuffler

Mailed this of to MCOL

Dear Sir/Madam

I am mailing you in order to assertain if i have the right to request some information under the freedom of information act. I am aware that debt collectors are abusing the court process at MCOL by bringing actions against people who reside outside of the courts jurisdiction ie N.Ireland and Scotland . . I have recently been on the recieving end of one of these fraudulently obtained CCJS myself . Therefore if permissable, i request that you provide me with a list of CCJs issued for the BT postcode with the name of the company who bought the action to the court . If it is not within your remit to authorise the release of this information , i would appreciate if you could provide me with the email address of someone who may be able to assist me in gaining the required information.

Got an email from MCOL the guy dealing with me is checking to see if i can have the information . Nothing from Cap as yet day 7 tomorrow , thinking i was unwise with the email should of just posted recorded delivery . Just a further thought , if there are two people of the same name living in a house which credit file do they trash considering there is no date of birth on the court papers.

Edited by theshuffler

Keep the pressure up on Crapquest. If there is no response by the weekend send them the letter by recorded delivery and refer to the email.

A nice little touch is to put

c/c Gerry Adams MP:cool:

OFT

Trading Standards

at the bottom.

The mention of the Rt. Hon Member for Belfast West:cool: should have the desired effect to their bowel movements. Just a liyyle reminder that you havent gone away you know:D

Irrespective of whether they agree to settle or not, I would still involve OFT FSA et al. also a reuest as to how MCOL is an accomplice to fraudulant practices, I'm sure Gerry and his mates will love sticking it to the British Legal system allowing illegalities in its own name

I would also contact the individual CRA's and instruct them to remove any record of this illegal CCJ (and lay out why it is illegal) as it is defamation. If they refuse or fail to remove it, then you potentially have yet another beneficiary to your christmas fund

Recieved this mail from MCOL

Thank you for your email. Please be advised that Money Claim Online can only be used if both the claimant and defendant have an address within England or Wales for the service of court documents and claims outside of this jurisdiction cannot be issued through us. (WANNA BET ? )

Also please note that we are unable to view any case details without a claim number.

Now in three seperate emails i have sent them i stated quite clearly i was aware of the rules of jurisdiction and had still had an illegal judgement made against me . They in their 3 replys have still to mention anything about any illegal judgements.

I think this backs up Spamheeds theory

Edited by theshuffler

My reply

I am well aware that your guideline states that only people who reside in England and Wales can be processed through your court.

However i do not live in England or Wales and i have had a county court judgement issued against me through MCOL . I have contacted the company involved and they state they made an error . These companies are supposed to be profesional and to provide the word Error as an excuse is beyond belief.

I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions for me

1 How can a judgement be entered in my case ? I have never had an address inside of your jurisdiction

2 What procedures are in place to stop this happening ?

3 Do you are rely on DCAs providing you with statements of truth on these maters ?

4Was the statement of truth in my case perjury.

5 What dissaplinary action is taken against DCAs for knowingly breaking the law ?

6 What recourse do i have against this company?

Time for a Formal Freedom of Information request to see how many "errors" were made in processing CCJs against NI and Scottish victims.

You should also make a formal complaint that the actually issued a judgement against you. Let them take it up with Crapquest. Either way it's not your problem that they are stupid. I look forward to helping you pee the compensation up againt the toilet wall of the aptly named Crown Liquor Saloon.

Like all official departments and processes they have to follow the rules, send them the same request but with the correct claim numbers etc.

I think this comes under the hedading of "giving them enough rope"

Obviously when you have enough evidence that none of the people involved in this highly illegal activity seem overly surprised of such an occurance and equally extremely unwilling to accept responsibility or liability for the counter claim which is almost certainly going to generate no small amount of interest from the media.

Rather thanlimiting your action to having a dig at the DCA, I wouuld also wish to include the courts and even the Crown service, see how much embarrassment/damage can be done and maximise your compensation claim.

Time for a Formal Freedom of Information request to see how many "errors" were made in processing CCJs against NI and Scottish victims.

You should also make a formal complaint that the actually issued a judgement against you. Let them take it up with capquest. Either way it's not your problem that they are stupid. I look forward to helping you pee the compensation up againt the toilet wall of the aptly named Crown Liquor Saloon.

The MCOL state that unless i have claim numbers they are unable to supply details of any ccjs , freedom of information act or not. Of course i can give them mine , i want them to tell me how they prevent these cases arising , if they cant tell me then it will become blatantly obvious that they dont care .

I will submit it to them , i havent actually raised a complaint with them as yet , i just find it strange that i have mentioned my lovely ccj 3 times and not one of them has went OH THAT shouldnt happen please do tell us all about it. !

I had originally contacted them to try assertain how many illegally issued ccjs they have on their books , but without claim numbers they wont tell me , now if i had the claim numbers i would already have the information i require, its like talking to a DCA

I would still go ahead with a request under the FOI. Im sure they have access to addresses by postcode. You will probably have to make a formal written request quoting all the proper guff but the information is their and should be a couple of computer keys away for them to access. Im sure like every other computer if you give it a postcode it will churn out loads of info

Got their reply this morning , just what i was expecting. My papers were put in the wrong pile for litigation ,one pile for England/ Wales the other Scotland and here. In reply to my statement that they knowingly went to the wrong court . NO FOUNDATION You have no knowledge as to whether the submission of your claim was incorrect or through error , We consider it innappropriate for you to make a statement in these terms.

You mention the indication of the use of bailifs . We are aware that in Northern Ireland the enforcement is through the Northern Ireland enforcement office The letter was generated as part of the process following a judgement . The sending of the letter flowed from the same initial error as the judgement.

A lot of other gumf folks but basically they say there are no foundations for any of my accusations , they consider their apology adequete and believe that any of the relevant bodies will agree with them . They say if i can prove that i was refused credit because of the ccj they would compensate me . Or if i can successfully dispute the debt and take them to court . Far to much crap for me to type up over two pages at the min but will get it done. Whats the success rate for wins over cap 1s agreements circa 2006 ?

Edited by theshuffler

Its not your fault one of their highly trained professional experts put the file in the wrong pile. The simple FACT is that they not only applied for a CCJ in the wrong court but having wrongly been granted it decided to seek to enforce it. Now these are professional debt collectors who should be aware of the law. If even a layman such as I can see quite easily that Northampton CC has NO jurisdiction over Northern Ireland then surely one would expect a so called professional outfit like Crapquest to check their facts befor making a serious error whether deliberate or accidental.

You must make a formal complaint to the FOS, the OFT, Trading Standards, MCOL and the CSA as well as your MP.

Go ahead with your formal Freedom of Information Request and you will see how many more of these errors Crapquest have made.