You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

leerob965

Recieved county court claim form with MY NAME as both claiment and Defendent advice please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4036 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have just recieved a claim form from northampton county court bulk centre

now i am named as both the Claimant AND the Defendent

it is for a paypal transcation that was disputed by the seller claiming he didnt recieve payment so in theory i am the defendent

What should i Do please will it be thrown out when the mistake he has put is realised

Thanks in Advance

My initial thought is that it is an abuse of process, and wouldn't make it past a judge whatsoever.....but i'm not sure as to the defence...i'd certainly DEFEND ALL if it was me....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

what sort of defence would you put accross?

"i have never had any financial dealings with myself" lol

no my concern is that seeing as my name and address is on BOTH claimant and defendant how do i find out WHO sent it?

Maybe you should call the court to make them aware of it?

Train hard...Fight easy

Cor, I've heard of vexatious litigation, but suing yourself, that takes it a bit far... :-D

Defend in full. If the guy is that stupid, you're on a winner anyway. :-D

haha how can you defend... if you send it back the courts will send it straight back to you as the claimant :-D :-D

Unless he put a covering letter in with the N1 form how will the courts know how to contact whoever?

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

funny really aint it

i wouldnt have though the courts would pick up on something like that anyway

Train hard...Fight easy

Send, as the claimant, a notice of discontinuance...

yeah true. you decide what happens both side. awsome

Train hard...Fight easy

Send, as the claimant, a notice of discontinuance...

:-D Priceless....... lets hope the defendant doesnt issue a wasted costs order as its not been allocated to a track yet :-D

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

I think John Lennon once sued himself in a haze of late 1960s psychedelic confusion.

seems it has come from money claim online so the peson who has put the claim in has filled me in as both sides

shall i just leave it or like some one said phone the courts

I assume you'd have to notify the court. In the worst case you might get a judgement against yourself by default! :eek:

Well from your 1st post, you said it is for a payment the claimant didnt get,

If you did actually pay it them i would phone the court

Train hard...Fight easy

yes paid it

its a paypal payment of all things

So there is a record of the payment leaving the account?

Train hard...Fight easy

Then you should be fine in court - let the claimant waste his money

Train hard...Fight easy

but how will the court know who the claimant is

after all im named as both claimant and defendant

Give them a call.

Let them know that you are named as both.

They may charge the claimaint to have them change as they are at fault for putting you as claimant/defendant.

If tehy dont pay, they may throw it out.

Train hard...Fight easy

Give them a call.

Let them know that you are named as both.

They may charge the claimaint to have them change as they are at fault for putting you as claimant/defendant.

If tehy dont pay, they may throw it out.

To change the claimant I believe will require an application to court if the defendant doesnt agree to the change :-D

£75 for an N244 is the going rate I believe :-D

S.

Deal with your debts:

Not forgetting, the person who registered it, would have left some back office contact details, so they should be able to contact him

Train hard...Fight easy

Well done Shadow

;)

Train hard...Fight easy

ive just spoken to the court and they say they dont have any other information on who the original claimant is other than i am named as both

they told me to dispute the full amount saying i know nothing about it and then it will probably be reissued by the claimant

but how will they know if the courts dont have any details on who they are?

im like a dog chasing my own tail lol

Dispute the amount, but in the letter state you are disputing because you dont recall not paying yourself back (you get my drift)

They will have details, I registered an online claim before and i had to give my email address, so they must have his, they just need to dig a little.

Thing is, im just wondering, if you dispute it, wont the court send you the letter sainy the defendant is disputing?

and the same vice versa, Rather ammusing in a way, but i can imagine the stress to come

Train hard...Fight easy