MBNA CCA issue .... I don't trust them !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, I sent a request for my CCA using the template letter on this site but I stupidly signed it thinking if I hadn't they would come back with some lame response that the request needs to be signed.

My request was signed for on the 29th May, given the 12+2 rule which I understand to be 12+2 working days (what does the +2 mean by the way ???) I should expect something by Tuesday or Wednesday this week.

I did think about NOT signing the form, the "dodgy" side of me was fully aware they might scan the signature and put it on a proper document. Luckily my signature has changed from back in 2000 but I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.

I'm not interested in playing cat and mouse with them so if I don't hear anything by Friday Should I send the second letter ??

I am really annoyed that I signed the CCA letter. Stupido ! I did staple my £1 postal order to the letter so I'd like to try to see them say they didn't receive it.

Why oh why did I sign the CCA ?!!!! Can you tell I'm upset about doing that.

I've got about £11K outstanding from a CC I got around 1999/2000. I honestly don't even remember how I even got the card !!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI,

Too late to worry about it now. I did the same thing as you but they didn't lift my signature.

Stop beating yourself up.

When they fail to reply within your 12+2 WORKING days you could send them this letter. There are others, I just like this one :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/172071-letter-co-solicitors.html#post1856406

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you !!!

Like I said - If I haven't received anything by Friday this week then that letter you kindly linked me to will get sent.

If I sign it but put some lines through it, would that be safe ???

Cheers

Don't bother signing from now on.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Yesterday aparently I got a call from MBNA. I wasn't around to take the call but, for the future, should I avoid phone contact and continue dialogue via letter only ?

I got my CC statement dated 06 June, it oddly enough has 2 identical payments, one made on the 14th and one on the 15th May - I only made 1 payment on the 14th May and my bank statement confirms that only one payment was made. Oh Well :D.

Anyway it says my next payment date is the 2nd July but by that date the account will be in dispute I guess, after I send the 2nd letter. I just wanted to know at what stage they will attempt to put a missed payment on my credit file which, to my understanding, they CANNOT do with the account in dispute, right ?!

Hello all, I sent a request for my CCA using the template letter on this site but I stupidly signed it thinking if I hadn't they would come back with some lame response that the request needs to be signed.

My request was signed for on the 29th May, given the 12+2 rule which I understand to be 12+2 working days (what does the +2 mean by the way ???) I should expect something by Tuesday or Wednesday this week.

I did think about NOT signing the form, the "dodgy" side of me was fully aware they might scan the signature and put it on a proper document. Luckily my signature has changed from back in 2000 but I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.

I'm not interested in playing cat and mouse with them so if I don't hear anything by Friday Should I send the second letter ??

I am really annoyed that I signed the CCA letter. Stupido ! I did staple my £1 postal order to the letter so I'd like to try to see them say they didn't receive it.

Why oh why did I sign the CCA ?!!!! Can you tell I'm upset about doing that.

I've got about £11K outstanding from a CC I got around 1999/2000. I honestly don't even remember how I even got the card !!

unfortunately people mis describe the 12+ 2 rule when in fact it is 2 + 12

what it means is that if sent first class is is deemed to be served on them on the 3rd WORKING day (2 working days for postage) and then 12 calender days to comply

when working out the deadline bear in mind that if you post on a thursday the two working days will be friday and monday so time counts from Tuesday ( also take care to count bank holidays as non working days)

hope that clears that up for you

Thanks for your responses.

So DiddyDicky, If I sent the CCA request on the 28th May at around midday, the 2 working days would end Monday the 1st June. Now if you say that the +12 is 12 calendar days as opposed to 12 working days, that takes us to Saturday the 13 June, so that means I can send the In Dispute letter now !

Or have I misread/misinterpreted what you said ??? :grin:

actually i just realised my mistake (getting confused with DN's) it is 12 working days i believe from the date of service

if you sent it second class then you would need to allow 4 days for post and count the 12 from the 5th day

personally i just tend to leave it another week to be of the safe side before telling them they are in default

Hi Hothead

Welcome to the club.

I've had my account in dispute since March and am about to miss my 3rd payment. I owe just slightly more than you... or rather I dont as its in dispute and I now dont recognise any debt to MBNA.

Get ready for the ride. Look on my thread where there are a few of us at similar stages comparing notes and regular correspondence received. If you are registered online with MBNA try to remove as much contact detail from their online records as possible. Unfortunately if you have ever called them on a number which might show up they will probably have a record of this too. Dont ever speak to them on the phone and get everything in writing.

Capricorn

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

i think the signature thing is blown out of proportion however the EASY way to get over it is to sign your name with a letter added

for instance if your name is T brown sign it ttbrown

if done in a flourish it will not be evident to them but you will be able to prove (should it ever be necessary) that you adopted this style for a particular purpose! simples innit

When I CCA egg they requested my signature but I didnt give it to them. MBNA have never requested it. I have since created a digital signature to get over any future requests

There is no such thing as a 0% credit card....... someone out there is paying for it, and for once its not going to be me.:razz:

When I CCA egg they requested my signature but I didnt give it to them. MBNA have never requested it. I have since created a digital signature to get over any future requests

there is no requirement in the CCA to provide a signature on a sect 77/79 request its just them playing silly buggers!

Thank you all for your responses.

I have received nothing from MBNA so I amended the Account In Dispute letter linked further up the thread (looks amazing by the way) and this afternoon I will post it registered delivery.

So let the games commence. If I am successful with this whole thing I will be extra satisfied because I spoke to customer services there a couple times asking them to give me a better interest rate and they were rude and unhelpful. I was perfectly happy to pay off this debt until then. Fingers crossed then.

I will keep you posted on events.

Thanks.

Thank you all for your responses.

I have received nothing from MBNA so I amended the Account In Dispute letter linked further up the thread (looks amazing by the way) and this afternoon I will post it registered delivery.

So let the games commence. If I am successful with this whole thing I will be extra satisfied because I spoke to customer services there a couple times asking them to give me a better interest rate and they were rude and unhelpful. I was perfectly happy to pay off this debt until then. Fingers crossed then.

I will keep you posted on events.

Thanks.

'tis important now though to have no verbal contact- its so easy to say or aver to something verbally which may later come back to haunt you

keep it strictly in writing

if you can afford a truecall- this will make life soooooooooo much more stressless in dealing with these fine folk!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Yesterday (15/07/09) I got a call from Aegis asking me to confirm my details with them, I said there is no point seeing as my account was In Dispute and I was not prepared to discuss the mater on the phone.

Today (16/07/09) I got a call from Global Vantage, I asked them if they were Aegis and they said yes. I explained AGAIN that I was not prepared to discuss the matter. The lady convinced me to confirm my details so she could update my account with the correct details of the status, no harm there.

So I explained where we were and I confirmed in no uncertain terms that I was not prepared to talk to them or MBNA about the matter on the phone, only correspondence by writing would be acceptable. She said she would hold off the calls to me for 1 week.

I responded by saying that she would be wasting her time calling me back because I will not respond and if they call me back I will report them to the Ombudsman for harassment. She then went away for a couple mins then came back and said ok, she will update the records to reflect the fact that nobody is to call me.

How did I do and what will happen now ?

Cheers all.

Hi

You did well sticking to your guns but I bet they will ignore you and start ringing again

fox

Im having the same prob as you, but no calls.

Go to your online account and ammend your contact details - put in a couple of old mobile number or something. Seems to me like this automatically updates there system.

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

Hi everyone. Yesterday (15/07/09) I got a call from Aegis asking me to confirm my details with them, I said there is no point seeing as my account was In Dispute and I was not prepared to discuss the mater on the phone.

Today (16/07/09) I got a call from Global Vantage, I asked them if they were Aegis and they said yes. I explained AGAIN that I was not prepared to discuss the matter. The lady convinced me to confirm my details so she could update my account with the correct details of the status, no harm there.

So I explained where we were and I confirmed in no uncertain terms that I was not prepared to talk to them or MBNA about the matter on the phone, only correspondence by writing would be acceptable. She said she would hold off the calls to me for 1 week.

I responded by saying that she would be wasting her time calling me back because I will not respond and if they call me back I will report them to the Ombudsman for harassment. She then went away for a couple mins then came back and said ok, she will update the records to reflect the fact that nobody is to call me.

How did I do and what will happen now ?

Cheers all.

pretty well but only 7/10 because you broke the golden rule

do NOT give any information (even the time of day) on the phone

If you cant avoid answering the phone then the golden rule is to refuse to give any part of the security information, without which THEY will end the call because they cannot proceed past this point

they may tell you (dont argue this on the phone) that just giving them say the YEAR of your birth is ok

is it? and next time someone says "just give me the month"

see where it's going

You need EVERY word Every intonation IN WRITING

ignore the golden rule and it may well come back and bite you on the bum

stay focused