Northern Rock dodgy DN??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Me again, I also received a default notice from NR dated 13th April (Easter Monday) giving me 17 days to act, is this valid? I have'nt heard from them since, but am also paying them through the Cccs. I don't have access to a scanner at the minute but will scan them as soon as poss. Any advice gratefully received, thanks.

Thanks again :). It stated 17 days and was received on the 16th, again no envelope but everything else 1st class. I have to go to work shortly and am in all w/end:( but hopefully scanner will be okay by monday, so will try to post it then.

It gives sufficient time for the breach to be remedied but only if it was sent 1st class and you actually received it 2 days later - they cannot prove when you received it. The CCA 1974 also says the date to remedy the breach should be a date not less than 14 days from the date of service and mentions the word "date" 4 times. Judges have taken the view that as long as sufficient time has been given the specific date doesn't have to be given but it could be argued all the same.