Sky [barclaycard] - Default Notice/Termination of account

johno23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sound thanks,

just waiting now till they pass the debt to a CRA then offer a F&F of arrears I think of £400.

As they have also sent me a dosgy DN highlighted in earlier posts on this thread.

many thanks

johno, my skycard dn was sent on exactly the same day and has the same faults ;) I did keep my envelope and having checked with tnt it was sent through their second class system so no doubt yours was aswell :) Mine is now in the hands of wescot who have gone very quiet since I told them the account was in dispute with skycard as the agreement in unenforceable. Rainbow x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there.

I asked A solicitor to write to skycard to explain that I have been requesting on many occassions for a valid agreement. They continue to send the same unenforceable application form and i have posted up skycard's reply for all to see and make comment!

Just to inform you about my earlier posts, they have sent an invalid default notice and termination letter and many threatening letters that it will be sent to a debt collection agency, so still waiting.

Please not the gaps are mainly my name!

img028.jpg

img029.jpg

Hi there.

I asked A solicitor to write to skycard to explain that I have been requesting on many occassions for a valid agreement. They continue to send the same unenforceable application form and i have posted up skycard's reply for all to see and make comment!

Just to inform you about my earlier posts, they have sent an invalid default notice and termination letter and many threatening letters that it will be sent to a debt collection agency, so still waiting.

Please not the gaps are mainly my name!

Hi Johno, what did they send exactly in relation to this s78, was it just the single page scan of the application or were there supposedly terms that were on the back?

Prescribed terms must be on the form with your and their signature, they cannot be referred to in a different document. Are they claiming they were on the back of the application?

S.

Hi Shadow.

I have attached a copy of the Terms & conditions they sent, they have not confirmed in any way they are from the same document. I am not sure but wondering why they is not a signature at the end of the terms & conditions if it was one document.

I also have an invlaid default as well. Hope this helps to comment further!

Many Thanks

img030.jpg

Well as it stands they have sent you a duff DN a dodgy CCA & they've terminated so you've got an absolute defence if they tried for CCJ. You can do one of two things, go the CPR 31.16 route why you shouldnt use section 77/78 CCA 1974 if you want the signed agreement - The Consumer Forums or ignore them until they start again.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I received an offer from Skycard that I can settle the account in full if I pay 60%, so obviously they must know that have messed up with an unenforceable credit agreement.

Still waiting for the debt to be sold then willing to offer 10% as a full and final offer providing they remove the default from my credit file as it is a dodgy DN as well.

What do you all think!

Today I received an offer from Skycard that I can settle the account in full if I pay 60%, so obviously they must know that have messed up with an unenforceable credit agreement.

Still waiting for the debt to be sold then willing to offer 10% as a full and final offer providing they remove the default from my credit file as it is a dodgy DN as well.

What do you all think!

If you can handle the default then yep stay strong and wait for it to be sold, from that offer alone you know you are in a stronger position imho.

If you do take the offer, ensure it is in full and final and that the debt wont be sold on to anyone else is indicated in the offer before accepting.

S.

• 4 weeks later...

Received a letter from skycard today saying that Skycard have took the decision from Barclaycard to no longer offer a Skycard.

Your account has been transferred to Barclaycard and our collections team will continue to manage your account.

Your first Barclaycard statement will show a new account number.

Can anyone advise

thanks

I had the same letter on Saturday telling me my skycard will now be under barclaycard and have a different account number. My account had been passed to wescot, they sent me a letter saying they were sending it back to skycard after I told them a/c was in dispute re no cca. I have not had any letter for months back from Skycard other than they sent me a statement last week with another truck load of interest/charges added :mad: Rainbow x

Ok i sent a letter off to sky card requesting that they respond to me in writing only and certainly not to contact me at work as it is a sensitive number.

Sky card ignore my request and keep trying to contact me at work which as you can imagine becomes very personal and embarrassing.

my local police officer is willing to write to sky card to inform them not to contact me at work.

He tried to phone them but they cannot speak with regards to data protection.

has anyone any advice about what should or should not be on the letter to sky card from the police.

i do not want to provide sky card with any information that i should not be giving them.

many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Ok

I sent sky card a letter stating not to contact me at work and that i have made an official complaint to the police about their continued harrassment by telephone, showing evidence of previous letters i have sent also highlighting this.

Amazingly I have received an apology letter from sky card saying they will not contact me via telephone but that they may visit me at my home address and that I cannot stop them from doing this.

Woopedoo come and visit me, at least you are not ringing my work or home!!

Cheers cerbs

I also included that information in the complaint letter and that was their response that they would not contact me by phone, but I was wrong that they were allowed to visit me at my home address.

I know they are blowing hot wind, i am just happy they not ringing work no longer.

They can bring it on visit my home address, i have my local police officer's mobile number and he is aware of their threats.

thanks

Very few DCAS’s actually do doorstep visits. I have had loads of DCA’s and never a visit.

Robinson Way told me on the phone that a doorstep collector had been “what a shame I was out” was my reply, anyway I think he would of left a card.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Just an up date.

account has now been passed to moorcroft after not hearing anything for quite a while.

Just sent letter of to moorcroft informing them that the account is in dispute with skycard

threatening court action, so let's see how they respond

Johno